UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Swamp dragon armor: what exactly does this do?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
On OSI, it used to reduce all damage to the rider by 20%, but they eventually changed it to only work against NPCs. One possible way to test its functionality would be to let weak NPCs attack you for a period of time and see if the swamp dragon armor breaks (durability was based on material type). If it breaks, it probably reduces NPC damage.

crikey

Sorceror
Not positive, but I think it reduces the damage YOU receive from mobiles spells.
Like dragons and balrons.

Or that's what whiteshedevil told me YEARS ago.
That's interesting....

Did whiteshedevil say if that applies to tamed dragons as well?
Tamed mares?
If its true, then damn....

Yes Vizeroth I know I shouldnt go by hearsay. Just curious is all

Maybe testing this would indeed be the best idea

Bama

Bug Huntress
Normal dragon barding 10% damage reduction
Exceptional dragon barding 20% damage reduction
The reduction is only in PVM not PVP

On OSI at one time it never lost durability but it does now

crikey

Sorceror
Normal dragon barding 10% damage reduction
Exceptional dragon barding 20% damage reduction
The reduction is only in PVM not PVP

On OSI at one time it never lost durability but it does now
Does this include things like bladespirits or energy vortex?

susejmaster

Traveler
  • In pvm combat barding gives a reduction in damage to the dragon’s rider – 10% for normal quality, 20% for exceptional quality (this does not apply to pvp combat)
  • The barding will add to the mount’s natural resists in the same way as armor does for a character, giving bonuses as if it were 5 pieces of plate armor.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Tried tanking dragon breath with and without an armored swamp dragon and received about 40 damage each time. It would seem that the armor does nothing to reduce damage.

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
On Hybrid dragon barding does indeed provide a PvM-only damage reduction (both spells and melee), but it's a rather low amount. Instead of the flat 10/20% damage reduction based on craft quality OSI uses, the amount on Hybrid is also scaled by the material and the barding's remaining durability.

In perfect condition, exceptional valorite barding gives a 13.5% reduction. At half the durability, only a 6.75% reduction remains. For non-exceptional valorite armor those values would be 9% and 4.5%. For exceptional iron armor it's only a poor 1.5% and 0.75%.

Edit June 11: Damage reduction is no longer scaled by remaining durability.
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/599385/

Last edited:

crikey

Sorceror
On Hybrid dragon barding does indeed provide a PvM-only damage reduction, but it's a rather low amount. Instead of the flat 10/20% damage reduction based on craft quality OSI uses, the amount on Hybrid is also scaled by the material and the barding's remaining durability.

In perfect condition, exceptional valorite barding gives a 13.5% reduction. At half the durability, only a 6.75% reduction remains. For non-exceptional valorite armor those values would be 9% and 4.5%. For exceptional iron armor it's only a poor 1.5% and 0.75%.
how about against bladespirits and other summonS?

crikey

Sorceror
What do you mean ............. "thought" :D
me
Welllllllll S H I T, I guess it's not a secret anymore o_O

I am pretty fucking crazy. My fellow coworkers about 12 years ago, when I was working as a butcher, used to call me "nutzo" ;)
I really earned that nickname the day I got fired XD
I won't bore anyone with the story. Probably wouldn't believe me anyways