UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

T2A is coming back...

GimpCent

Knight
Swear I won this debate easily when this was brought up. No one even put up a decently well thought out pro reason for it to come back. Like none, Nada, not a single person. They explained it like they would explain the rational for their favorite color, "just because"; and they said that as their reason. The scales were heavily tripped towards not reopening t2a, if you were to look at it logically instead of emotionally.

Shard population was 250ish last night so I think its great that we are going to spread that shit out. I want to play a single player game with bad ai. I hear the other lands are nice we should open them as well using the same logic. Unless something grand is planned and not just reopening t2a for the sake of rehashing a bad idea, well simply lol, you funny. It could work if it came with decent overhauls of some things but adding landmass just because someones favorite color is pink is odd.

How do I get on the board who votes on this shit? Cause its natural thing to surround yourself with yes sayers. Our great presidents didn't pick their cabinet members because they agreed with each other. They picked them because they didn't. Abraham would be a example of such a leader. George Washington but not by choice would be another.

Good news tho I dont have to update the rune lib now. But even though I would have to totally redo every runebook in it.... It was worth it. But hey I just saved a lot of time and money.... Thx GEICO

I may not agree with you but at least I dont cheat. I don't believe I am wrong but maybe the color pink will get people to come back longer than a couple of weeks. I hope I am wrongo but as the great George Bush Jr said "fool me once and hmm shame, shame on you hmm if you fool me I can't be fooled again" what happened to the faction overhaul that was so hyped up? That's the change we need this isn't even a good bandaid.

The staff we have now is the very best staff we have ever had. That doesn't make changes like this or the aoe changes good ideas. There is not a single staff member that I dislike in any way but that doesn't mean I have to say yes to what amounts to a huge leap back in terms of gameplay direction. The aoe changes are another making an already overpowered 100 skill point skill even easier forcing the shard to have the same template almost across the board. I would like to fight more than one template, call me crazy.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
Swear I won this debate easily when this was brought up. No one even put up a decently well thought out pro reason for it to come back. Like none, Nada, not a single person. They explained it like they would explain the rational for their favorite color, "just because"; and they said that as their reason. The scales were heavily tripped towards not reopening t2a, if you were to look at it logically instead of emotionally.

Shard population was 250ish last night so I think its great that we are going to spread that shit out. I want to play a single player game with bad ai. I hear the other lands are nice we should open them as well using the same logic. Unless something grand is planned and not just reopening t2a for the sake of rehashing a bad idea, well simply lol, you funny. It could work if it came with decent overhauls of some things but adding landmass just because someones favorite color is pink is odd.

How do I get on the board who votes on this shit? Cause its natural thing to surround yourself with yes sayers. Our great presidents didn't pick their cabinet members because they agreed with each other. They picked them because they didn't. Abraham would be a example of such a leader. George Washington but not by choice would be another.

Good news tho I dont have to update the rune lib now. But even though I would have to totally redo every runebook in it.... It was worth it. But hey I just saved a lot of time and money.... Thx GEICO

I may not agree with you but at least I dont cheat. I don't believe I am wrong but maybe the color pink will get people to come back longer than a couple of weeks. I hope I am wrongo but as the great George Bush Jr said "fool me once and hmm shame, shame on you hmm if you fool me I can't be fooled again" what happened to the faction overhaul that was so hyped up? That's the change we need this isn't even a good bandaid.

The staff we have now is the very best staff we have ever had. That doesn't make changes like this or the aoe changes good ideas. There is not a single staff member that I dislike in any way but that doesn't mean I have to say yes to what amounts to a huge leap back in terms of gameplay direction. The aoe changes are another making an already overpowered 100 skill point skill even easier forcing the shard to have the same template almost across the board. I would like to fight more than one template, call me crazy.

GimpCent

Knight
I have a shit cpu so t2a was less laggy to pvp at, better farming spots, and better scenery

That's all fine and may be true but its still spreading out the population no matter how you look at it. Even the normal landmass is often dead. Its rare to find decent fights as is now you want to separate the population even more. Clap clap clap

I like t2a as well I think its better as well. But we dont gain shit by spreading out the population.

GimpCent

Knight
Yes because t2a will send people running back, fixing factions will bring people back.

Now Britianna will go dead for everything but Idocs and factions. PvMers will be spread out more all but dooming true player killers. Del pond will come back as the only place for most fights. House locations will go back to largely not mattering and in turn house values will go down for many.

The avg player interaction with other players will go down no matter how you look at it. I don't know how this is hard to understand.

Everyone said Sallos would bring everyone back... It didnt
Everyone said t2a would bring everyone back... It won't and why would it.

Sure it will be more active for a short term, because well its new and back. I will be in Del tonight but that doesn't mean its good for the server. Fix factions, bring more classes into play, fix alchy, look into wands, buff poisoning for poison mages, bring back tank mages which is much more skillful compared to alchy pots.

Look into poker because people are using poker bots. They put their cards into a program the number of players and well. You update it and it will tell you what to do. Its a near perfect player based of odds, completely destroying poker for the avg player. You have a complete small minor rich part of tue population of the who over the years of robbed from the unknowing and its been aloud. Poker should be removed because it can't be secured. Its openly allows abuse because of it. Many of new players dont know this and loose a lot.

Archery needs slightly buffed, pots weight should higher to prevent people from carrying so many. Guard zones need to be reduced and the world needs to remain small and dangerous as possible and most player interactions as possible.

House trapping of pets should be made illegal or undoable. Stealing mounts prevents PvP or make pet summoning charges a gold sink. Speaking of gold sinks we need massive and ungoing gold sinks. Vendors should sell pixels not have them randomly stealble in dungeons.

Many things should make the shard better lowering the shards player interactions goes against what a mmorpg is.......

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
It is very hard to please everyone all the time. With that said, the poll done recently indicated an overwhelming amount of players interested in bringing it back.

poll.jpg

Amerigo

Sorceror
The avg player interaction with other players will go down no matter how you look at it. I don't know how this is hard to understand.

Everyone said Sallos would bring everyone back... It didnt
Everyone said t2a would bring everyone back... It won't and why would it.

I have seen 0 reds in months while doing PvM. I don't think opening T2A will lower that number.

I don't think anyone has said bringing back T2A with bring back population, or if they did they are on the fringe.

GimpCent

Knight
It is very hard to please everyone all the time. With that said, the poll done recently indicated an overwhelming amount of players interested in bringing it back.

View attachment 87598

Mob rule is a horrible way to decide what is best in any system, nearly half the population believes in invisible people in the sky. The avg collective opinon of others largely doesn't and shouldn't matter. Logical facts and sound judgement should.

Its your shard you are welcome to do whatever but let's make it clear this isn't based of facts and sound choice. You did it based of mob rule which is dangerous to go by. Mob rule elected George Bush, Mob rule put Japanese but fully American citizens in prison during ww2, mob rule has so very rarely right that using it as your guiding light is scary. There is a right and wrong answer to nearly every question. Poll or not I overwhelming won that debate.

Opinions are all fine and good but in the face of facts opinions shouldn't mean shit. There is a right and wrong choice here. You picked what I clearly think is a horrible idea. I defended that position and the best that could be returned was calling me names or saying basically because they like it. Because i like it isn't a fact, a fact is

You are almost doubling the usable landmass of the game over night with avg population of roughy 200-300. Many on multiple accounts and afk. This no matter what will spread out the population even more. This will make everything less risky from chopping trees to pvm. Because you will run into other players that much less.

Britianna will see a drop in house values as locations dont mean that much again. I dont care about having a Brit moongate house anymore for example. Who cares that PvP will be in Del for everything but sigil warfare. Factions and the shit that really matters barely gets looked into in light of these game changing like pot aoe rules and now t2a. You have a shard of all alchy stun mages with very little in variables, item trump skill at almost every level. You can write a macro to auto pot with easy and because of the silly child like aoe rules many people are just using auto pot tosser macro/scripts. If we want to return old players let's be honest about the problems.

You can do what you want just do it knowing you did it just based of hope. The facts say dont and now the best you can do is pray because you didn't do it based of logic. You are pissing in the wind and most likely you will get wet and even if you dont well it wasn't worth the risk.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Sorry all... but I agree with Gimpcent here.

Long story short - it would spread out the population sooo much.

Although when T2A was closed off it sucked.. a lot of people loved that town...
1) At least it condensed the majority of the playerbase to hang out at 1 bank - Britain
2) At least the "flagship town" - Britain - was overall more populated
3) At least PVP was more easy to find in dungeons, PVM spots and PVP spots.
- I just think it was an eyesore with UO's flagship town being deserted mostly with everyone being in Delucia and partially Britain.... when new players would start on Hybrid - they would see a Britain mostly deserted. I remember there were times when I would see people having to gate from Britain to Delucia because people were unsure if these new players realized that mostly everyone was in Delucia.

I do agree with why Ryan closed T2A though previously.. it was because the active playerbase diminished and the players were too spread out. If Hybrid had as many players as it used too.. by all means open Del.. but I wouldn't recommend at the moment with hybrids current active player base.

I still wonder why Ryan wanted to do a new shard Revalations...and the staff put so much work into it... when the playerbase on Hybrid slowed, divinity had closed, and here Demise was still around.

Staff - if you want to do Hybrid justice, I think you need to come up with ways on how to increase the playerbase, address critical issues that are still not addressed, and how to get back players you lost via competiton... all of which is hindering hybrid's activity.

I don't mean no disrespect having said this.

Teterios

Sorceror
Mob rule is a horrible way to decide what is best in any system, nearly half the population believes in invisible people in the sky. The avg collective opinon of others largely doesn't and shouldn't matter. Logical facts and sound judgement should.

Its your shard you are welcome to do whatever but let's make it clear this isn't based of facts and sound choice. You did it based of mob rule which is dangerous to go by. Mob rule has gotten us so very few decent presidents. The collective opinion is often wrong the larger sample size you get.

I agree Say shard population is 10% vet 30% novice and 60% people that are newbs or are to young to know about mechanics... So those 60% win every vote lets vote to have Pure white a new bod color then...

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Tet.. that reminds me of all the items that were once "rares", and "super rares" that got re-introduced into the shard at 1 point or another and they all lost so much of their values ...

ranger armor
phoenix armor
singing crystal ball
rose of trinsic
pw beetle / pw bear
etc
etc
etc
etcccccc

I wonder how the voting worked on who got to decide to re-introduce them into the game... god knows how many people got pissed when their items that were once worth millions+ were now worth pennies on the dollar. (Some people might be too new , and were not around when this happened)

Teterios

Sorceror
WE NEED PVP and FACTION FIXES!!!!!!!!!!! This game is based on pvp there is no thing around it if your shard is dead of pvp the returning players or new players wont want to play even if they see 30 people sitting at bank doing nothing.. the players that make your shard look FUN are the red/faction players so make the shard fun for them and then everything else follows..

Teterios

Sorceror
Theres things you could have IMPLEMENTED in felucca that t2a had aka more tribal spawns the elementals... everything pretty much i know it takes timeand is harder then just adding back t2a and thinking you solved problem...

GimpCent

Knight
A topic me and Get fully agree on, weird. We may not get along but its should be clear that this isn't good if you see us agree on something. It just may be true and even is I dislike Tet I value his opinion way over any poll of random players.