UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tavern, shoppee...

dead-eye

Knight
Tavern, shoppee...

Hey guys, im working to get UO up and running on the mac. Im wondering how many taverns there are currently up and running, (im talking full scale).

I plan on playing again exclusively to role play. i will be dedicating my time and resources towards the creation of a small set of houses, consisting of a tavern and inn, along with a seperate merchant/balcksmithy shop a stones throw away. I will be working from scratch to create this, lvling all characters and building the furniture and all by scratch. I know that finding a spot to put this is going to be difficult, so if anyone knows of a good place, and can afford to reserve it with a plot, please do i would be very grateful.

I plan on this shop as being a calm neutral territory, where a lot of in-game trade can take place, however, i do and always have loved pvp and it will be accepted in the shops and i would love to be incorporated into the storyline of the current war's.

So any thoughts?

dead-eye

Knight
Re: Tavern, shoppee...

oh esk buddy, i believe youve paid for a lot of my housing in uo. pretty sure u helped pay for some of the one that used to be next to yours and brunildas.\

but im having a lot of trouble trying to get uo up and running :(

dead-eye;619640 said:
oh esk buddy, i believe youve paid for a lot of my housing in uo. pretty sure u helped pay for some of the one that used to be next to yours and brunildas.\

but im having a lot of trouble trying to get uo up and running :(

It's called throw out that piece of shit you currently have and go steal a laptop from your highschool computers for schools program (I did). Works wonderfully.

100% Better than a mac.

Also, if you'd like i can send you a picture that describes using a Mac OSX in vivid detail.

dead-eye;619749 said:

Honestly, your best bet would to be troll some mac related site, and inquire about WINE, or some form of Client Emulation. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Blacula

Knight

Eskeshehir;619751inquire about WINE said:
He might be able to install some form of linux on the mac, then compile wine from source (so it's optimized for his machine.) I think woodycook posted a UO-on-Mac how-to sometime last year that might work with OS X. Good luck!

Crynth

Sorceror

theres a few ways to get UO running flawlessly on a mac within an hour. but first, what are the system specs? Intel or PPC?

Crynth

Sorceror

Awesome, your golden. As soon as I get home I'll post up what you need to get it running.

Crynth

Sorceror

Kind of, was on call last night, didn't get home til 5 am, worked at 8 am. I'll be home in about 3 hours

dead-eye

Knight

Crynth;622727 said:
Kind of, was on call last night, didn't get home til 5 am, worked at 8 am. I'll be home in about 3 hours

word. take your time buddy i can wait.

Crynth

Sorceror

There are a few ways you can run UO on your Mac. The first, and by far most stable, best performing and cheapest way (the way I'm typing to you now) is to dual boot Windows on your mac with Bootcamp.

Bootcamp
Bootcamp comes with all Apple computers and allows you to install windows directly onto your mac for free. All you need is a windows CD. After you install it, you hold down the option (alt) key at start up after you hear the bong (when yuou first turn your computer on) until it gives you an option to load either windows or OS X.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/11889.html

If you want to run UO while you are in OS X and not have to reboot your machine every time you want to play, there are 2 options, but both take a performance hit and cost money. Paralells and Crossover.

Parallels ($80)
Parallels is the best of the 2 virtualization options on a mac. It allows you to install windows into a virtual machine, and walks you through it step by step. Its super simple, and basically allows you to run Windows in a window on OS X. It supports Direct 3D, I can run Team Fortress 2 at about 60 FPS on my macbook pro with it.
http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Crossover ($40)
Crossover is a super streamlined, simple version of WINE designed for OS X. You can install UO and run it extremely easily, however, I was never able to get Razor working with it, so you are stuck with just the basic client.
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Hope that helps out.

dead-eye

Knight

thats great man, really good info. i installed crossover games and actually bought it, i also was able to install ultima online and patch it, but the game client will never load, and i can not find any ways to connect to the uo shards.

but ill probably load windows up with the cd ive got and mess around with that.

thank you very much!