UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Crazed Farmer

april0395

Sorceror
I submitted a Halloween story a couple years ago for a contest. After seeing the crazed NPCs in Halloween Town, I had a spark of an idea and went with it. There was also a house decorating contest, and I submitted a house that went along with the story. This was my submission, enjoy!

:pumpkin:___________________________________________________________________________:pumpkin:

The villager walked through the room and sat across the table. He began to speak: “The legends of the Crazed ones are true” he said. “And I stand as a sole witness to the horror. If you will listen, I shall speak of my undertaking. If your eyes and ears are sensitive to the gruesome, then turn away; for, the tale is one of upmost terror.”

He took a deep breath and continued. “Autumn was upon the land of Britannia at this time; much celebration was to be had, for autumn marked the ending of a successful harvest. Costumes were fashioned in preparation for the fall festivities, and pumpkin pies were baked from the fresh pumpkins grown in the gardens of the land.

“One noon during this season, I was digging at the foot of the mountain of where a farm house resided. Being a simple miner at the time, it was easy for me to be swept into the harvest jubilation and to forget my current tasks of mining for ore. So when I was invited into a farm house for pie, I couldn’t resist.

“To his house we headed, up the mountainside on a long and wearisome stairway. The skill necessary to cut a stairway as impeccable as such required much talent, and for this I admired the man.

“He seemed good natured; he spoke of the recent harvest as we ascended.

“We reached the top, and to my surprise the mountaintop soil was fertile.

“‘My cottage,’ he said, and we walked to it. He opened the door, and I craned my head inside for a view. It seemed normal for a farmer; a one room house with a cooking area and a bed to sleep on. I smiled, for the farmer did not lie about his plentiful harvest. After seeing his collection of pumpkins, I was rather excited to try the pie that he had promised.

“‘There is more below,’ he mumbled. Stepping out and shutting the door, he led me a few steps forward, and to my astonishment another stairwell was carved in the mountain! It was hardly noticeable for the craftsmanship was not nearly as remarkable as the previous one.

“Down the questionable stone steps we proceeded, and I began to worry, as this seemed to be odd behavior. My desire to be polite was greater than my anxiousness however, so I kept quiet until we reached the bottom where a set of iron barred doors led inside of the mountain.

“Nervous, I asked, ‘What of the pie?’

“He opened the door, and unable to see in the dark room, I turned my attention back to the farmer.

“‘The pumpkin pie,’ he said with a smile, ‘is merely bait.’

“Wild eyed, he reached for me. Taken by surprise, I had little time to react. I was shoved into the dark mountainside and fell upon the cold earth floor.

“The door shut, and I sat up and rattled the iron bars of the door, but I couldn’t open it.

“‘This is a jest, sir!’ I shouted. ‘Release me!’

The farmer continued to smile at me.”

Pausing after his long story, the villager leaned back into his chair. “And I will tell you what happened next, although you may have little faith in me.

“He fed upon me the following nights, keeping me alive and treating the new injuries so the meat on my bones would remain fresh. I would try to fight him off the first few attempts, but I grew weak quickly and eventually gave up combat. He described to me of his disease while he fed, although I thought of him as a lunatic rather than diseased.”

After telling his story, the villager stood up and crossed the room to the door. “I suppose you must wonder of my escape.” He said. “Why would the man let his food leave and not finish it? Well, the farmer really was diseased. He was crazed, a farmer with the hunger for human flesh that no other food would satisfy.”

Once the villager crossed the room, he locked the door and turned around. With a look of complete satisfaction upon his face, he said, “I know now that the farmer truly was diseased, for the disease is contagious.”

THIRD PLACE: Evelyn Fairbanks - "The Home of a Crazed Farmer"

SECOND FLOOR:

FIRST FLOOR:

Tldr: Op submitted a house for a decorating contest with theme being "house of the crazed farmer" a few years back and now theres a mob in Halloweentown called "a crazed farmer"