UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Demise Cook Book

Pont

Knight
The Demise Cook Book

Beef Bourguignon

Ingredients:

1 glass of wine
1 glass of water
1 level tablespoon of corn flour (or 1 heaped of normal flour)
pinch of salt and pepper
Bouquet Garni (or thyme and bay leaves)
500g of diced beef
200g of diced bacon
1 onion
mushrooms (optional)
Olive oil
  1. Soak the beef overnight in the wine and water.
  2. Brown the onion, bacon and mushrooms (optional) in olive oil.
  3. Brown the beef in olive oil, keeping the wine and water.
  4. Put the wine and water in a pressure cooker and add the browned beef, onion, bacon, mushrooms (optional), salt, pepper and bouquet garni.
  5. Cook on the pressure cookers max setting (for meat) for 30 minutes.
  6. Mix in the corn flour and remove the bouquet garni and simmer until mix thickens.
  7. Serve with wild and long grain rice.

psz

Administrator
Re: The Demise Cook Book

Authentic, New Orleans Red Beans And Rice

1lb Red Beans or Kidney Beans (Camellia is the brand of choice in New Orleans)
1lb Smoked Sausage (Preferably Beef, Turkey, Pork or some combination thereof)
1 Large Onion
1 Medium Bell Pepper
3 Stalks of Celery
Salt, Pepper, and Zataran's Creole Seasoning (Or closest equivilent)

Check and seperate the beans before putting them, dry, into a large empty pot. Do this to remove any black, grey, or otherwise damaged beans.

You will need to soak the beans overnight. Fill the pot with water so that the beans will still be covered in water after they've soaked (Beans tend to "infalte" when in water for a long time)

Drain the beans, and rinse them. Put them into a pot (If using the same pot, clean it out first). Add enough water, now, to just cover the beans.

Cut your bell pepper, celery, and onion (I prefer diced) to the beans and water. Cut your sausage into half-inch thick "coins" and add them to the water. (You can saute the onion, bell pepper, and celery with the sausage before adding them to the beans, but it's not necessary)

Add your seasonings (I tend to use sea salt, and in small portions, a few grinds of pepper, and a light coating of the Zatarans. YMMV).

Let cook over a medium fire for 90 to 120 minutes, or until the beans are soft and the gravy is creamy. <<<=== Most improtant. If you have watery gravy, you will miss out on all of the flavour.

To help make a creamier gravy, about 60 minutes in, smash about a cupful of your beans (against the bottom or side of the pot). You can also remove about a cupful, mash them, and add them back.

Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve hot over freshly steamed or boiled rice.

---- Steamed Rice ----

1 Cup Rice
2 Cups Water
1 Teaspoon Salt (optional)

Combine rice, water, and salt in a 3 quart pot or saucepan that has a tight fitting lid. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Once the water reaches a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover the pot. Let cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is cooked out and the rice is tender (20 usually works for me).

Turn off the rice, and let it stand covered for 10 minutes to steam dry.

Goes well with a few slices of bread and butter. Traditionally, Red Beans And Rice are served on Mondays.

The Best Taco Dip.

I Have made this dip several times at partys and everyone LOVES it. The last one was a 16 year olds birthday party. It was ate that fast there was so little left in the crock pot that it was starting to burn the cheese.

Make 1 pound of taco meat per directions on the taco seasoning package. (Preferably a ground round or a ground turkey)

In a small crock pot, combine the following

Half of a jar of your favorite type of spaghetti sauce (Preferably something that is thick or chunky ) , prepared Taco Meat, one bag of Mexican style shredded cheese. If you have room left in the crock pot add the rest of the sauce.

Mix thoroughly and let sit until hot.

Serve with tostitos scoops tortilla chips or your favorite brand of Tortilla Chips.

The best thing to serve this in is a $15 little dipper crock pot but any small crock pot will work. Some of you may have gotten them for free with your full sized crock pot.

Seer Zatoichi

Sorceror

Felucca Fried Rice

1 cup of rice
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 red onion (Small, Chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
10 oz. cherry tomatoes (halved)
3 eggs (beaten)
Salt/Pepper

Wash rice with cold water. Drain. Cook rice with salted water until done.

Heat oil in wok until very hot, Add chopped red onions and red bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.

Pour in the eggs all at once and cook for 30 secs. without stirring so the egg can coat the other ingredients. Then stir to break up and scramble the eggs.

Add in the Rice once cooked and mix in with other ingrediants, Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add in pepper and salt to season fried rice while cooking and then your done.

Serves 2. Serve it with rage to make it authentic.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3845/mg8886.jpg

gans

Wanderer

Ingredients 1 kg of black beans 100 grams of meat 70 g of dry ear pig 70 grams of pig tail up to 70 g g porco100 of costelinha of porco50 g of pork loin 100 g to 150 g of Paio Portuguese sausage seasoning: 2 large onions ppicadinhas1 bunch of chives green leaves of louro6 little pinprick 3 teeth of the kingdom alhoPimenta to taste 2 oranges 40 ml of drip was Sal precisar1 thallus of salsão Table of conversion of measures of shopping list Print Mode Preparation Place the meat sauce for 36 hours or more, go change the water several times, it is summer or warm environment, place over ice or in cold layers
Put to cook step by step: the meat tough, then the meat soft
When soft put the beans, and remove the meat
Finally season the beans​

i use google translator ossry :)

Pont

Knight

Thanks psz for making my thread a sticky and all the recipes are looking great so far :). I think it would be best if people don't post unless they include a recipe so here's another one from me:

Banana Milkshake Base

Ingredients:

• Banana
  • Vanilla ice-cream
  • Milk
Put the banana and some scoops of ice-cream to your desired thickness into an electric blender. Top up the mix with milk and blend to have a basic banana milkshake base.
You can add other ingredients to this base to get different flavour milkshakes. I especially like to add some chocolate spread and drinking chocolate powder to get chocolate milkshakes……..yummy. Try adding strawberries or blueberries or other things. :)

Ferris

Page

I'd like to offer pudding mix as an additive to this milk shake recipe. 2 tablespoons of instant pudding mix act not only as an excellent thickening agent, but also add nice flavor and texture.

Pont;546526 said:
Thanks psz for making my thread a sticky and all the recipes are looking great so far :). I think it would be best if people don't post unless they include a recipe so here's another one from me:

Banana Milkshake Base

Ingredients:

• Banana
  • Vanilla ice-cream
  • Milk
Put the banana and some scoops of ice-cream to your desired thickness into an electric blender. Top up the mix with milk and blend to have a basic banana milkshake base.
You can add other ingredients to this base to get different flavour milkshakes. I especially like to add some chocolate spread and drinking chocolate powder to get chocolate milkshakes……..yummy. Try adding strawberries or blueberries or other things. :)

Aeolus

Sorceror

Here are a couple awesome recipes for you guys. You can make them healthy too by using low/non-fat ingredients. A food processor will make prep much easier.

Chicken Enchiladas

6 chicken breasts or one whole chicken (cooked)
One large onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pt sour cream
12 flour tortillas
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
1 can jalapeño (mild or hot)
1 can chopped mushrooms (or fresh)

Cook and debone chicken.
Cook onion and mushrooms in butter combination.
Add soup and sour cream to onion/mushroom combo.
Spoon cream mixture on tortilla (about one tablespoon.)
Also place small amount of chicken and a little cheese,
roll and place in shallow baking dish. Add jalapeño peppers
to remaining cream sauce. Pour over enchiladas, cover w/
remaining grated cheese. Bake @ 350degrees for 30 minutes.

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

1 cup barbeque sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 package of small flour tortillas
1 8 oz bag of fat free shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onion
1 red pepper, chopped
4 – 6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Cook chicken thoroughly in a skillet, then remove and shred using food processor or chopper. Once shredded, put chicken in large bowl and add barbeque sauce, onion and red pepper. Mix well. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonfat cooking spray. Spray the bottoms of the tortillas with the cooking spray, and then place them on the cookie sheet. Make sure they are not overlapping. Spread 1 rounded spoonful of BBQ chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Sprinkle the cheese over all the pizzas lightly. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

First and foremost, an apology: I do not generally cook using measurements. I made this tonight for dinner and tried to pay attention to measurements. My general guess is most will want to go lighter on the salt and pepper and use a lil more garlic than oregano and parsley.

Stuffed Chicken Parmigiana
Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Onion, finely diced
8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
approx. 1 cup Grated Parmegian Cheese
1-2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
3-4 eggs
Oregano
Parsley
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Toothpicks

Serve with: Spagetti with Sauce (will use some of the sauce in cooking the chicken)

Preheat oven to 400F

Preheat a skillet with vegetable oil, olive oil, or lard. (I usually use olive oil - don't use all three... just pick what you have in your house. Normally for taste, lard is the most delicious, olive oil comes second with good flavor and more healthy, then vegetable oil is last for best flavor)

Pound down the chicken breasts into 1/4 inch thick cutlets. For each cutlet, sprinkle it with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and parmesian cheese. Do not over-season. It should be a fine layer of each on the chicken. However, if you know you like garlic more than an artifact drop in the Gaunt, feel free to adjust each seasoning to your liking.

Next, across the middle of the cutlet in a nice line, place 6 or 7 of the pieces of diced onion. On top of the onion, on the same line through the middle of the chicken, place 8 of the tomato quarters. On top of these, add enough mozzarella cheese to cover the onion and tomato.

Roll the chicken cutlet around the middle line of cheese, onion, and tomato. Seal the edges together with toothpics, much like if you were making Chicken Cordon Bleu.

To coat your chicken rolls, you will want to use smaller, more shallow dishes. I prefer to use pie plates.

Crack the eggs into the pie plate and beat them like you would any blue who was dumb enough to leave the protection of the Fel Brit Gate. In another pie plate, mix together about 1/2 cup of the grated parmesian cheese and the bread crumbs. Roll your chicken rolls in the egg then into the bread crumbs for a good coating.

Immediately put them into the skillet, seam side up. Repeat for all chicken rolls. You want to get each roll a nice crispy golden brown on the outside. The second side you want to brown is always the seam side of the chicken to help seal the meat together so all your stuffing doesn't fall out.

When they are done, remove them to a greased baking dish with a thin layer of sauce in the bottom. They should be pretty firm and easy to move once they have been browned in the skillet. Place your baking dish uncovered in the oven for approximately 20 minutes (until chicken is done, duh). This gives you plenty of time to cook your spaghetti and sauce.

When its about 4 minutes to go, take your chicken out of the oven, put about 1/2 cup of your spaghetti sauce across the top of the chicken rolls and then add more mozzarella to the top of each. Return to the oven until all the cheese is melted.

It should take you about 45 minutes with prep time and cooking.

Hope you enjoy!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

To follow-up with the stuffed chicken parmigiana, I offer you a quicker, "unstuffed" version of the same:

Chicken Parmigiana
Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Grated Parmegian Cheese
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
3 eggs
Oregano
Parsley
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper

Serve with: Spagetti with Sauce (will use some of the sauce in cooking the chicken)

Preheat oven to 400F

Preheat a skillet with vegetable oil, olive oil, or lard. (I usually use olive oil - don't use all three... just pick what you have in your house. Normally for taste, lard is the most delicious, olive oil comes second with good flavor and more healthy, then vegetable oil is last for best flavor)

Pound down the chicken breasts into 1/4 inch thick cutlets.

To coat your chicken, you will want to use smaller, more shallow dishes. I prefer to use pie plates.

Crack the eggs into the pie plate and beat them well. In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and parmesian cheese. You will now add salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and garlic powder to taste. You'll add about 1/4 teaspoon of each and about 1/2 tsp of the garlic powder. Mix the dry ingredients together.

Dip a cutlet into the egg, coating it well, Put it in the dry mix and coat it well. Place it immediately into the skillet. Get the cutlets to a nice golden brown crust before removing it to a greased baking dish with a thin layer of speghetti sauce on the bottom.

Place your baking dish uncovered in the oven for approximately 15 minutes (until chicken is done, duh). This gives you plenty of time to cook your spaghetti and sauce.

When its about 4 minutes to go, take your chicken out of the oven, put about 1/2 cup of your spaghetti sauce across the top of the chicken and then add more mozzarella to the top of each. Return to the oven until all the cheese is melted.

It should take you about 30 minutes with prep time and cooking.

Hope you enjoy!

psz

Administrator

Southern-Style Chicken Stew.

I'm going to use my mother's verbage for this one, just because I love it.

1 large chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces (I use boneless, skinless chickenbreasts, generally 2lbs or so... Whatever $4.00 gets me :-P)
1 large onion
1 medium bell pepper
2-3 stalks of celery
2-3 garlic cloves OR garlic powder/garlic salt
salt
pepper
Zataran's Creole Seasoning (or equiv)

My mother's instructions. Typos are hers. My comments are bold italic:
After chicken has been cleaned (all fat removed) and washed, dry with papertowels. [psz: I put a few layers of papertowels on a plate, and place them there] Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, creole seasoning, and (if not using garlic cloves) garlic salt/powder. Put approximately 1/2 cup of oil in a skillet and let it get hot. Brown chicken pieces and drain on papertowels [psz: See?] When all the chicken has been browned, pour off the oil, leaving about 5 tablespoons. On medium heat, stir in 5 tablespoons of flour into the oil, and stir the flour and oil mixture until it is a dark brow, like an old copper penny. Do not burn, or you will have to start over. (a cast iron pot is best for making a roux, but a good non-stick otwill do. if the roux i not fark enough, your gravy will look and taste like shit.[psz: !!! Mom rulez] Once the roux is the proper color, add your onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic and stir to coat. Let cook for approximately 15 minutes stirring occasionally to keep from sticking. Use a medium fire. When seasonings are cooked, add water or chicken broth (preferred) to the roux and stir. You may need to put the roux in a bigger pot before adding water or broth. Let cook for approximately one hour or until chicken is cooked and gravy is fairly thick. Serve over rice.

Pont

Knight

This is great as a starter or on its own:

Camembert Dip

Ingredients:
  • A 250 gram wheel of camembert
  • 115 grams of Bruschettines
  • Some cooking tin foil
Take the 250 gram wheel of camembert and cut a cross on the face of one side. Lightly wrap the camembert in the tin foil and place on a tray in an oven preheated to 200C making sure that the cross cut side is facing up. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a knife fold back the four corners that the cross cut made to reveal the molten inside of the camembert. Serve and use the bruschettines to dip into the molten camembert. Enjoy.

Attachments

• CIMG1232.JPG
    CIMG1232.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 300

This recipe has been in the family over 100 years
CRY BABIES
1c. Sugar
1c. Molasses
1c. Raisins
1c. Nuts
2 eggs
2 T cinnamon
2 T ginger
Pinch of salt
5c. Flour
2T soda- Dissolved in 1 cup hot coffee
Drop buy spoon on buttered pan bake 350 till knife comes out clean
:eek:DO NOT OVER COOK!!!:eek:
6 or 7 dozen :)
P.S. if someone needs it i also have a family recipe for skunk!

Khephren

Knight

''Easy to make'' Chilli.

you need :

1 can mixed beans (6 types is what I use)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 small bag frozen vegetables (preferably the diced cut spaghetti mix, the smaller cut the better. Arctic Garden brand comes to mind)
+/- 500g of hamburger meat

Optionnal :
1 or 2 onions
Garlic
crushed dry peppers
slices of cheese (a must !!!)

Preparation :

Pretty easy and ready in 10 minutes for the ones that don't like waiting.

-wash the beans.

-cook thoroughly the hamburger and if you want, add garlic, onions (the onions could also be included in your bag of veggies)

-then once the meat is cooked, dump everything else in : beans, veggies, can of diced tomatoes.

Once all is hot, it is ready to serve (I personnally leave it slow cooking for about half an hour). You should have enough for about 4 to 6 servings. You could add the crushed chilli inside the preparation if you like it spicy or in your bowl. I would suggest to add the cheese only after in your bowl to avoid the preparation being too ''sticky''. If you do not like beans, trust me, after this one, you might change your mind.

Leftovers on the next day will be even better than the first bowl you ate.

enjoy !

-more to come...

Kiluad

Sorceror

whole chicken in Crockpot. MMmmm

It's not so much a recipe as a delicious was of making chicken, and there's two ways to do it.

The first, just put a whole chicken in a crockpot and let it sit for a few hours on high; until meat is falling off the bones. requires small chicken or large crockpot. breast down.

The second is to decrease the fat, crumple some foil into balls, place at the bottom of the crockpot, place chicken on top of foil balls, breast down.

on both, sprinkle chicken with salt and olive oil beforehand.

I love tender meat, and the chicken i cooked last night was so tender i could spread it with a knife, bones so soft you'd have a hard time distinguishing them from the meat. i exaggerate a wee little bit, the knife and spreading part would be possible though, after the meat is refrigerated anyway.

You'll never taste chicken so tender, juicy and succulent anywhere else.

Khephren

Knight

Easy to make ''pets de soeur'' *dessert*

you need :

1 can of pillsbury ''make it yourself'' croissant doh(the little blue round packages you find next to the cookies and that)

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1 cup of 15% cream (that thicker milk that is)

EDIT : I remade them this week end and its 1 cup of milk/creme instead of 1/2

preparation :

Mix in a cake cooking pan the cream and the brown sugar. Open your croissant package but don't unroll them, instead cut them about 1/2 an inch thick (it should give you around 8 - 10 rondels) place them down in the pan with the rest.

cook as described on the pillsbury package which is around 11 mins if I remember and then serve, you can add some of the sauce it will make on them. I prefer them hot... trust me, that too when you will eat them, you will become addicted.

...more easy-to-make recipes to come...

Easy To Make Party Punch.

You will need:

1 punch bowl or what ever you see fit
1 gallon container.
2 2L bottles of 7 Up or your favorite lemon/lime soda (I use Cherry 7UP a lot)
2 packets of Strawberry Kool-Aid (The cheep 5 for $1 with out the sugar added)
2 packets of Cherry Kool-Aid (Same note as above)
1 16oz frozen concentrated Orange Juice (Thawed)
1 16oz frozen concentrated Lemonade (Thawed Pink Lemonade is fine)
2 cups of Sugar

In the 1 gallon container add the following:

2 packets of Strawberry Kool-Aid
2 packets of Cherry Kool-Aid
1 16oz frozen concentrated
1 16oz frozen concentrated Lemonade
2 cups of Sugar

Once you have all mix and fill to the top of the container with water. Mix thoroughly.

This gallon container will be a type of super concentrated punch. Do not drink just this.

If you have a small punch bowl, you can use half a gallon of the concentrated punch to 1 of the bottles of 7up. Be sure to use lots of ice.

If you want to make this punch alcoholic you will need in addition to the ingredients called for above. I suggest the following but you can use something else I would go for something to add a little extra flavor to the punch

1 Bottle of Raspberry Rum (I use Bacardi for around $15 here in PA.) [Although looking at there website the Dragon Berry might be good too.]
1 Bottle of Black Cherry Vodka (I use Smirnoff again for around $15 here.)

Make the punch as normal. Start out with about 2 cups of each with a half batch (eg. half the concentrate and 1 of the bottles of 7up) You can always add more but once its in there you can't take it out. Keep adding more until you find the the balance you like. I tend to use half a bottle of each in a half batch.

Now yes you can substitute the flavors or brands for your favorite ones. Like with all cooking change things until you find a combination you and your friends like. I will warn you you can NOT taste the booze in this at least we didn't. And we even added in a little extra lime vodka in addition to what I said above.

So there you have it my special punch. Now I must admit I found this recipe some place else and changed it till you see what you have here. What I ended up with is a punch that my entire family loves.

If you have any suggestions for this punch or my taco dip recipe be sure to let me know.

And as always Drink Responsibly.

Blacula

Knight

Alright, now that I'm playing here again I may as well contribute something:

SPAM CURRY
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
* 1 brick of spam, de-goo'ed, rinsed, and chopped into thin strips.
* 1 chopped onion (vidalia preferred)
* 2-3 tsp. lime juice
* 2 tsp. curry powder
* 1-2 sliced red peppers, de-seeded (I use red pepper flakes)
* 1/4 clove chopped garlic
* 2 tsp. ground tumeric
* 2 bags of rice
* 2-3 tbsp. cajun seasoning (the hotter the better)
* 1/2 can green peas
* 2 tbsp. olive oil
* 2 tbsp. flour

Directions:
* Boil some water, add the ground turmeric and rice and leave it set on medium (electric range.) Leave it alone. It will be done by the time the curry is, trust me.

* Mix the spam strips, chopped onion, chopped garlic, cajun seasoning, red peppers, and lime juice in a bowl. If the spam strips get cut into tiny pieces, then they're bite size :p

* Pour the oil, flour, and curry powder into a large skillet set on high heat. Stir with a big wooden spoon for about 1 minute or so, then add the spam mixture to the pan. Wait for one minute, then add the green peas. Turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Smoke a cigarette *cough* joint / have a Pepsi / go watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force during this time.

* Turn off the rice, it should be done. Drain it, and pour it onto two huge plates. Find two pairs of chopsticks. If you can't eat with chopsticks, pretend to be cultured, (say something like "I haven't done this in sooooo lonnnnng") and learn on the spot. You'll impress your guest.

* Turn off the curry, taste it with the big wooden spoon, and if it sucks then you did it wrong. if curry = good, pour onto the plates, pour two tall, frosty glasses of Pepsi, say your prayers if you're into that, and gorge yourselves.

-Blacula, former restaurant cook.

Khephren

Knight

Want to make KD better ? (Kraft dinner, or like other people call it, macaroni and cheeze)

Simply add 2 large tablespoons of cheez wiz to your preparation in the end. (that cheeze that come in a jar...for those who might not have kraft)

this will enhance the taste of your KD and make it more creamier and thicker....yummy !!!

(from my university years when that used to be 70% of my diet)

Moms Moms Mom biscuits :D the best I have aver eaten :D
2 c flour
4 tea baking power
¾ c milk
2-½-tab lard or butter
1 tea salt
Mix dry together. Work lard into the flour with fork. Make well in center. Pore milk to the well stir until all the flour is moistened toss on floured board knead for 20 seconds roll ½ in thick. Cut. bake 450 f 10 –15 min