UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Future of Storytelling Night

Nemesy

Sorceror
Re: The Future of Storytelling Night

Seer Mia;144715 said:
The difficulty in RP only quests is moderating it to be "RP only". The storytelling events are a good example of this. For the handful of people that do show up to roleplay, even though it's an RP event, you get a bunch more that just see the gate and walk in hoping to get some prize and then act like jackasses and are completely ooc. This is all in one little room. Now, were we to do this on an event level scale, there would be even more difficulty following everyone around. Someone who gets kicked for saying LOL would probably not understand why they got kicked from the event.

Overall, it's very difficult to manage. We will try to come up with some ideas that fit Demise and still deliver RP though.

I never went to an RP event but I was thinking, maybe upon entering an RP event moongate players could get a warning message saying something like:

WARNING!

This is an RP event.
Non-roleplay talk will be sanctioned, unless done in party chat.

Do you wish to enter?
YES / NO

This might not solve the problem, but it might help. Just an idea what do you think?

Also, You could maybe add in a link that says "What is RP?" And when a player clicks it they get sent to a guide to RPing or something.

Cronus;144430 said:
In light of this change, I would also like to open the floor to some suggestions from the playerbase regarding the Storytelling events; primarily regarding what time of the day/week you feel would be best to try to schedule them, be sure to include a time zone reference if applicable. Keep all posts in this thread constructive. If you post simply to flame or mock somebodies suggestion, you will receive a short-term forum ban. If you disagree, post in a respectful manner why you disagree and outline a better alternative.

Well, the best days are always the weekends. Why? Because they are!

Now the time has to go along with the theme. Doing a horror themed story telling in the morning will suck (time references as in server time, always). Doing a epic themed story telling 3a.m. will suck too.

Now, as for themes, there's always literature to help us. I would say, for example:

Romantic - :eek:
Horror - Spooky :eek:
Epic - as in hero comes and slays the beast.
Comedy - Funny tales of Sosaria.
Free-style - as in, w/e you want.
Mature - gore and other mature themes (along with what you were thinking)
Phylosophycal / Serious - becoz teh intrenetz is srs bsnss

Not only that, but i think there should also be a poetry night/part/acceptance since literature itself breaks in many forms, being the two most common poetry and stories.

Just my 100 cents :p

Polgara

Wanderer

I have only been playing on Demise shard for about 5 months previously played on another shard. when events were run on the other shard the we could go to the town crier says news and be given information of when an event was going to be held so many could be online to take part.

I have noticed with each event on demise no warning is given other than the PvP events and the warning only minutes away.

maybe if you had the town crier make annoucements a few days in advance more players would take part.

And I agree weekends would be the best time to run an event. Maybe run one for say 12 hours so regardless of time zone players could take part.

Just an observation from a noob to demise shard

Digatalas

Knight

Polgara;660771 said:
I have only been playing on Demise shard for about 5 months previously played on another shard. when events were run on the other shard the we could go to the town crier says news and be given information of when an event was going to be held so many could be online to take part.

I have noticed with each event on demise no warning is given other than the PvP events and the warning only minutes away.

maybe if you had the town crier make annoucements a few days in advance more players would take part.

I remember saying "news" to town criers a long time ago and occasionally they would actually give you information. Usually it was the "check your nearest moongate or town for an event gate." after an event was already open but a message displayed days before an event would most certainly have an effect on attendance. It would help me remember events at the least and I'm sure there are other people it would help.

gnomes

Wanderer

I've seen town criers used for events. Not PvP stuff, but still used.

GM_Midnight

UO Gamers: Demise Seer

Back by popular demand... Please see the new storytelling thread in the events section!

TheodenN

Wanderer

It would be better if the event was held on Fridays or Saturdays. I live in Turkey and the event took place at midnight for me. I am going to the university and monday isn't a very good time to stay up late :) Maybe weekends are better for it.
And I think once in a month is good for this event. Not too often not too scarce.