UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Shape of Things to Come

Whatever98

Squire
If it's like on OSI, only one artifact will ever drop at a time.

but 5 in a row then?
i suppose if it's on chance to drop, and the chance stays low, even when it's well farmed, it's only up to like 3%...

it could suck though, cos no more drops on first boss in :/
... unless they stuck long term i suppose

and lol i just looked up at previous pages, this some kinda epic trolling thread :S

Essentially.... what will be introduced is the linear increment of points toward receiving an artifact, at which every increment = % chance to receive said artifact (note i said chance) eventually when chance gets high enough you're bound to get one. What they will vary is what said increment will be in order to maintain a more consistent drop rate, and not flood the market.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Essentially.... what will be introduced is the linear increment of points toward receiving an artifact, at which every increment = % chance to receive said artifact (note i said chance) eventually when chance gets high enough you're bound to get one. What they will vary is what said increment will be in order to maintain a more consistent drop rate, and not flood the market.

Not that linear, DF gives more points than bosses, also, the top damagers have different factors compared to those who just got loot right. Regarding consistency, yes that is the point :), old system should remain existing and it will check for that before sorting by points, so having a character with luck and perfoming high damage is still important; only one arty should drop per mob.

mytilus

Sorceror
yeah but if you have 5 people killing doom bosses, and they get equal points, then when they have enough to drop an arte, 5 artes will drop, where 1 might have dropped otherwise.

but 5 in a row then?

you're still not getting it, even with points system it is still very random.

current system: you always have crappy small chance for artifact

points system: you start out with crappy small chance for artifact, if you stay in doom and kill enough bosses your chances will slowly rise over time until eventually you will have a pretty good chance to get an artifact. When/if you finally get one your points reset, you go back to crappy small chance and start over again

Souced

Sorceror
the arty drop rate will stay pretty close to the same as it is now the only thing that will change is that the ones who used to be there for days and getting no drops will eventually get a drop, so instead of some lucky sob coming in and running 3 or 4 rooms and getting 2 drops and the farmer getting nothing, the farmer will be earning points toward a drop regardless or what real life luck you have

Whatever98

Squire
fair enough, i dont see it as that unfair at the moment personally, cos luck balances out over time. it comes in bursts and droughts, but that guy that got the 2 drops will in the future have that same drought the farmer is having, and the farmer will get the 2 drops in a row at some point.

cos im a long term player, and a pretty patient guy, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me when the drops come.. like if i go and get zero arte, i just think that's a bum trip out the way, next trip i'll be due a good one. or if i get like 3 in one trip, i think like, damn, im gonna be paying for this for the next couple of months.

i guess the point system is all about normalizing it so the drops are pretty evenly spread.

Whatever98

Squire
how much metrics do you guys collect? just outa curiosity?

cos a standard deviation graph and a total drop rate figure, for before and after implementing the point system, would show how well it's actually performing

should look like this :

if it's textbook. the current one is probably much more of a wide based triangle than a bell, which means a much lower peak at µ, which is probably what people complain about

edit: im thinkin of the bottom axis as time between arte drops for a single person btw, say µ is 8 hours, or x number of bosses (that can be killed in 8 hours). and the Y axis is number of artes.
say it's over a year.

Lucifall

Knight
but it means you get a zero luck archer for example doing most damage, meaning every boss that dies gets 0 luck roll, which means not much artes for anyone.

tbh, point system might suck, because it discourages tamers, which means less dragon tanks, and more zero luck dps guys :/

That's how it works with and without point system. If I am not mistaken, however, individual luck should grant individual points no matter the damage you deal. I fail to see how that discourages luck characters. Top damager should still applies luck to the general drop rate, thought.

So you have a top damage dealer who decides general drop chance, and should have individual points (which accumulate) distributed to the other damage dealers based on their damage and luck.

the problem is veterans tend to think more damage = more artes, cos they is a bit dim. lol
Not with the current system. Yes with the proper point system.

the difficulty they have i think, is trying to use everyone's damage, and everyone's luck, to work out individual drop rates for each person. which would work out much fairer, but is extremely hard to balance
That's already working on mine and Kraz's version of the code, afaik. It's not really hard to balance if people actually test it. I remember it being placed on the TC and not a single soul being willing to test it...

I'd love to double check this, but I think gauntlet system thread is gone. Oh well.

Drucilia

Knight
I played a shard with a good point system. Uovalor. Wasnt generouse and used your individual luck. Was great. Displayed your growing arty chance. You could still go 100+ rounds every now and again and be getting punished despite your arty chance. But eventually the points and effort pay. Unlike on demise.
By Displaying the literal artifact chance each player has on screen as a system msg, there is a lot less abiguity about whats happening to all the effort.
Would a tonne more luck suits in gaunty.
Also why should the price of arty's be kept inflated just because a few vets are crying they were stupid enough to waste their time grinding at a floored system? Get points and drop rates working properly. I did more then my fair share of hours in gaunt. People will not play on a shard where they know that the only real way to get arty's is to over pay for them. Same problem thats been created with runic smith hammers.

Whatever98

Squire

you shouldn't need to see it tbh... people are always annoyed because they dont go in and drop orne within an hour, but think about it, if they were that easy to drop the prices would be crap and not even worth the time to farm a skull.

as it is you WILL get an arte if you stick at it, i dont see why that's not good enough personally. yes it takes time, but if you go to doom and dont get an arte, just think of it as you've completed 60% or so of the work to get one... then you can complete the arte drop when you next go to doom, the points ARE persistent.

just have a lil faith, there is at least zero chance now that you could farm for like 6 months and get nothing, where before there was if you were unlucky (RL luck). that's what the system is intended for, not making them easier to drop

it's more of a safety net than a complete re-work, but if you did a complete rework then you'd also have to rework all the values of things, and that's totally not fair on anyone that already has those items and has paid a set value for them.

i think the GMs have done a great job with this system, it doesn't feel much different, and i like it like that, because at the same time it IS different, and HAS got that net to prevent the unfairness that could happen. it could have gone horribly wrong and messed A LOT of stuff up, but imo they've implemented it brilliantly. just think how much it would suck if you finally got jackpot orne drop, and it was only worth like 5kk, would anyone even go to doom? :/

hickman48

Knight

you shouldn't need to see it tbh... people are always annoyed because they dont go in and drop orne within an hour, but think about it, if they were that easy to drop the prices would be crap and not even worth the time to farm a skull.

as it is you WILL get an arte if you stick at it, i dont see why that's not good enough personally. yes it takes time, but if you go to doom and dont get an arte, just think of it as you've completed 60% or so of the work to get one... then you can complete the arte drop when you next go to doom, the points ARE persistent.

just have a lil faith, there is at least zero chance now that you could farm for like 6 months and get nothing, where before there was if you were unlucky (RL luck). that's what the system is intended for, not making them easier to drop

it's more of a safety net than a complete re-work, but if you did a complete rework then you'd also have to rework all the values of things, and that's totally not fair on anyone that already has those items and has paid a set value for them.

i think the GMs have done a great job with this system, it doesn't feel much different, and i like it like that, because at the same time it IS different, and HAS got that net to prevent the unfairness that could happen. it could have gone horribly wrong and messed A LOT of stuff up, but imo they've implemented it brilliantly. just think how much it would suck if you finally got jackpot orne drop, and it was only worth like 5kk, would anyone even go to doom? :/

No one farms doom for money that would be hands down the worst way to even try to make a profit on this game the only reason orny aof prices are so high is due to shitty drop rate on artys and the shitty rng you have to deal with once you actually get an arty think about how many artys are in any type of demand its Aof orny totem arcane (hom and midnight bracers but no so much) Now with runic kits in for bow craft dryad will be trash jackals is a 4 mod pice of shit ring of the vile is ok but about it its ok. thats 8 artys out of the 30-32 you can get that might sell.

So what your saying is people should deal with shit drops just to get shitty drops? The system on osi is much more friendly in terms of drops but even still you have a 70-80% chance to get deco effectively.

Whatever98

Squire
i farmed doom for money, did alright :p

it's not just the arte's you're forgetting it drops the highest loot packs in the game too

doom is very convenient for casual play, log in, do a few rounds, log out. come back a week later, log in do a few rounds, boom 4mil gold. or boom item worth 2mil. it's not so bad, relaxed too

and that was before the point system. dont forget uo is long term game...

hickman48

Knight
i farmed doom for money, did alright :p

it's not just the arte's you're forgetting it drops the highest loot packs in the game too

doom is very convenient for casual play, log in, do a few rounds, log out. come back a week later, log in do a few rounds, boom 4mil gold. or boom item worth 2mil. it's not so bad, relaxed too

and that was before the point system. dont forget uo is long term game...

the only boss in doom that has a good loot pack is a df the rest are only 2 ultra rich loot packs on par with 90% of the ml named mobs and have nothing on miasma and i think thresher running 4 ultra rich packs. so your logic of do it for mob loot still shitty reason since you can drop the ml named mobs in 1/4 - 1/5 the time it takes to do a minor doom boss and df lol could easily solo 20+ miasmas for loot before soloing a df.

Ortiz

Sorceror
I don't care what the last guy paid for his orny. That doesn't mean we keep drop rate the same so his item retains value. That is horrible logic if we want the server to grow. People need to stop being so selfish.

Drucilia

Knight

Idiot. Let me make this simple.
2 months straight collecting Resets or farming gold = enough money to buy any arties you could want. With a garantee.
2 mths in gaunt = SFA chance of dropping any arty and 10% chance that arty will be useful/ valuable.

That tells me the system aint working.

Drucilia

Knight
So i say to myself if the time in gaunt was reasonabnle for a return fair enough. At the moment its not worth the return for outlay.
Ps: a few crying veterans shouldnt stand in the way of making the shard better for the entire player base.

pepeuneto

Sorceror
Plz change the drop rate of the doom. Impossible. Spend two weeks, all day, and finaly 1 arty. But its a serpents fang. WTF... Seriously? really not worth... New players dont have any chances!!!