UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

To the UO Oldskoolerz

psz

Administrator
To the UO Oldskoolerz

Towns:
Britain A
Britain B
Buc's Den
Cove
Jhelom
Lord British's Castle
Magincia
Minoc
Moonglow
Nujel'm
Ocllo/Haven
Skara Brae
Serpent's Hold
Trinsic
Vesper
Wind
Yew

Combat:
Combat A
Combat B
Combat C

Dungeons:
Dungeon A

Misc:
Linelle
Stones
Intro

Complete Set In RAR form: http://psz01.sytes.net:2494/Ultima/UO-Classic.rar
Right click, Save-As, open in WinRar, put in you UO\Music\Digital directory

(I know the names don't always seem to add up/make sense, but these are the files OSI uses in these places now)

***NOTE: Finally redid Skara Brae. Link is on page two of this thread. THIS IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE RAR FILE!!!***

***NOTE 2: Due to bandwidth and server space limitations, I've decided to RAR the entire package. Once it's uploaded, I'll update this thread

Some history:

I didn't like U9's music in UO. For the most part, anyway.

So, my old roomate who was taking music and computer science at ASU at the time, had already created a 128MB Sound Font for use with music production/composition on the computer.

I took this Sound Font, added a bit of classical style reverb to the playback, and used a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum to re-record all of the MIDIs to MP3.

I then went song by song and tried to match them up as much as possible to the original settings.

The end result is that you have the classic UO music, but at a much higher quality. You can finally really grasp just how good OSI was at making music, from Ultima III til Ultima Online, when using plain old MIDI.

See page 3 for alternate versions (Newer)

psz

Administrator
The opening chest animation is still in the 4.0.6a client.

I do believe there's an option in one of the config files to turn it on
(No idea if it still crashes computers :-P)

psz

Administrator
If you'd already downloaded the Dungeon song, please re-download it. There was a "click" from another app in it.

Leonidis

Wanderer
OMG thank you so much! I have been wanting to hear this music ever since them old days. Thank you thank you you have made my night!

Milsik

Wanderer
The old Uo music actually gives me goosebumps.. Its soo damn good and really gives me the feeling of good ol Uo..
the Cove track aswell as the stones one are really nice.. :)

unknownhost

Sorceror
hah this is sweet.

i couldnt remember what they sounded like til i heardem!

hehe i still got me UO first release disc an my t2a beta cd >:) hum wonder if i could salvage anything from them... for that matter... where the heck did the old "wraith" graphic go??? the humanoidish 2 armed white ghost whose torso trailed off into a tail-looking wisp? things sooooooooo much better looking than those blue/white blotch monsters that replaced it. :(

pbguy434

Knight
Yea, I don't know what OSI was smoking when they replaced the2d monsters with the 3d ones. The old wraith along with the old Balron/Daemon rocked hardcore.

UndeadKing

Wanderer
Yeah, it was. In SIZE ) But really old cool mdels from 1.26 rocked... I wonder if to try to redraw em to this client...

Laeglis

Wanderer
Re: To the UO Oldskoolerz

psz...

You....quite....simply......fucking.......ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for this, it brings back so many memories of the good old days........

automata

Wanderer
Re: To the UO Oldskoolerz

Wow the old music is so much better. Looks like UO used shorter songs to fit more stuff on the to the CD. They could at least make it an optional update that could be download via uoupdate.