UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

TONIGHT: Holiday Champ (completed)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
TONIGHT: Holiday Champ (completed)

The announcement when the champ spawn opens will occur in game!

Keep your eyes peeled!

LC

hickman48

Knight
Re: TONIGHT: Holiday Champ (Christmas)

will do and think you for leaving your irl faimly to spend time with your lovely demise faimly kiss kiss lc

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: TONIGHT: Holiday Champ (Christmas)

Here is a video... sorry, but I'm using a really laggy connection these days and my ping is not even close to great, but anyways...
My thank you to the staff, who made this event possible.
The video was over 7Mb, so I used winrar (www.rarsoft.com) to compress it by volumes and then zipped it to upload.
In order to view, unzip the files (it will create .rar files) and then use winrar to uncompress the first file (you need all the .rar files in the same folder).

repiovesana

Sorceror
Re: TONIGHT: Holiday Champ (completed)

I was there too... Wicked lag, but still very fun :D

Attachments

• Blu_12-26_00.58.jpg
    Blu_12-26_00.58.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 89

drak-

Sorceror

Did anyone else notice that after the first time around, it appeared that crimson was sitting there running that spawn manually for us?

I think the custom altar F'ed up on them, and she sat there all night adding flowers and removing them, etc.

Thanks, Crimson. It was fun .. and more like the intensity of the original pre-AoS champ spawns, which made it more fun

Ivan Ironoak

Wanderer

This for sure was a fun event, a big thanks go to everyone who made it possible. Of course we had the usual problem of not being able to see - nor even target - the champ in all the crowds of players and summons/pets. It'd be great to see a solution for such problem someday in the future - if there is any. _ Another thing to add, being located in GMT'ish timezone, I wonder if there'd be any chance to get such type of events at our timezones too ? I participated in the first two champ spawns at already ill times of 3-6am here, and would be happy if there'd be any such events for GMT'ish times too. This probably applies to events in generally, I fear. Don't take the criticism wrong, I thank you for the great shard and these events, and enjoyed them alot. It's just something that went through my (and probably several others in non-US timezones) mind. _ P.S.: Whoever wrote of lag above there, that must have been your machine or line, and 100% surely not the server, 'cause here (being in europe!) the event ran utterly without lag, no matter the spawn or bodies on screen. The only thing that occasionally took a while to see were the item descriptions of loot on new corpses, which once a while had a few seconds delay till one could see what the magics on <a ring>was. Grr, somehow the site doesn't accept line breaks and just concatinates it all... any clue for me on this ?

bilabong

Account Terminated

what time did this event happen as ive been on and off all day to try and catch it?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The champ spawns started around 8pm CST (my time zone).

As for the suggestion on different times for GMT, I know several of the other staffers are trying to spread out when they can run events so all timezones are covered. We do recognize that we have an international playerbase and are trying to accommodate everyone. Unfortunately, with Christmas, this was the only time I could do it considering I spent several hours in a car driving back home and didn't get in till later.

LC

Ivan Ironoak

Wanderer

No worries, I am glad you did such event during your precious christmas time and appreciate your efforts alot, no offence ment at all. Of course one staffie could never cover all the timezones, and I am most certain that the staffies in european timezones had christmas duties during the day just like almost everyone has. But since the general events are scarce at european timezones I was wonder how timezones currently are covered by staff, that is staff who can run events ? Um.. sorry for getting slightly off-topic here...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

No problem with getting off topic. What time is best for you and if possible, can you convert it into EST or PST time... then I can see when I am available on weekends (probably sunday's only :( and work from there with other staffers :)

repiovesana

Sorceror

Ivan Ironoak;342505 said:
P.S.: Whoever wrote of lag above there, that must have been your machine or line, and 100% surely not the server, 'cause here (being in europe!) the event ran utterly without lag, no matter the spawn or bodies on screen. The only thing that occasionally took a while to see were the item descriptions of loot on new corpses, which once a while had a few seconds delay till one could see what the magics on <a ring>was.
Or maybe your connection is better. I heard once that the Internet connections in other parts of the world are much better than here in Brazil. Home connections here are usually around 500 kbps. Then you add to that a sucky computer (like mine, some 4 or 5 years old), and thousands of miles between me and the Server, and the result is a person that calls 450ms ping a "non-laggy situation" :D
That's why I got terribly laggy with all those people on my screen. I bet there were over 100 people in the champ area.

Ivan Ironoak

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;342660 said:
No problem with getting off topic. What time is best for you and if possible, can you convert it into EST or PST time... then I can see when I am available on weekends (probably sunday's only :( and work from there with other staffers :)

Europe is about 6-8h ahead of the US, so going gaming times of like 13-22:00 would be like 7-15:00 on your side. Since that'd be really early, I guess there's those few hours of overlapping time right after noon your time in which events would allow american and european to participate.

I'd really appreciate it, if there'd be a chance for having events at that time (already, from your view).

P.S.: I still got the problem with not being able to just type paragraphs, the line break will be removed if I try. I need to manually add a < br / > to get any kind of paragraph. I am using Thunderbird on Win2k. Any clue what I need to configure to get rid of this ?