UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Uniting RP guilds

Joar93

Sorceror
Hey there, to all the RPers in RP guilds. The last month has been a great month for RP on Hybrid, we have a lot of RP guild that are alive, in a sense, and we should try to keep it that way! A possible problem is that we have little contact between our RP guilds. People have suggested before to make one big RP guild to combine all guilds, but with the new guild system, this isn't necassary.

The new guild system comes with the alliance feature, with this feature we can talk to our allied guilds with 'allied chat' (Not the same as normal guild chat). If we can somehow get all the RP guilds to 'ally' with eachother, we can talk in game with the other RP guilds, to plan hunts and such, for example. We can still talk to our guildmates in private. Being in an alliance also means that we appear green to eachother, meaning we can attack eachother in the guardzone, which also contributes to RP interaction.
Of course this does not mean we are friendly to eachother, we'll just exploit the alliance option to contact eachother in game. We can still war with eachother, but technically we remain allies (Well, we are one community).
A possible downside to this idea is when we have two RP guilds fighting other RP guilds. Then, if we talk in allied chat, the other side can also see what we're saying in allied chat.But having two guilds combined against other guilds might just be a dream for now, so we shouldn't take that as an argument to not go through with this idea. Also, this could be resolved with party chat.

I suggest that every guild that wants to join this "alliance" posts here, so that the leaders of the RP guilds can start the alliances!

To RP!

Shawn Lukes
Knight Marshall, SOK

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
In my opinion you should only be allied with guilds you are actually "friendly" with. this will stop any confusion or anyone from taking advantage of a system like this. that dosnt mean that the good aligned guilds shouldn't ally or that the evil aligned wont ally. Im just saying i dont believe conflicting guilds should ally.

A fine idea i think. The RP community basically means RL friends who often hate each other IG. I have no problem allying with other guilds so we can contact each other easily. This will be easier than having everyone's AIM, I think its a great idea. If you don't want to be in it, no problem, orcs always stick to themselves and its not like we don't know where to find you. The only problem which you've already addressed would be keeping information private, which can be avoided pretty easily by using any number of mediums, ICQ/AIM, skype, vent, IRC, forums, party chat and on and on.

Huah, good initiative

Veis

Torgin.

Sorceror
I like this idea a lot and I'd be willing to enter into a mega alliance for the purpose of communication and coordination. Would the ally chat be OOC or IC in this case? I can already see major pros and cons to it. Senior guild members would have to really control and moderate what would be said for the alliance chat to prevent flame wars or trash talking.

Vestros

Sorceror
what i was talking to nok about the other day was and idea about making an embassy type guild... where the leaders or guilds and certain proxy;s they have set up make alts to put into the guild... to act as ambassadors to other guilds ... also those proxy's can handle any arguments that may arise from any situation that happened to have happened instead of flooding guild/alliance chats... and lighting up the forums with a bunch of flames... each guild will have one or two members in the embassy guild.. to be able to talk.w/e about setting up rp events and what not.. and like i said dictate any situations that would arise like an argument or something.. if there is something that should be decided there would be other neutral party's there to act a mediator .. and like i said if there a problem between two guilds.. the situation can be handled by their two ambassadors and the other members of the embassy discreetly

Wildfyre

Wanderer
Be sure to check if being in an alliance makes Field and Summons treat enemy guild members as Friendly.

Not sure about the summons (I don't use them) but I know the field spells will poison even my own guildmates.

On that note I would very much agree with this plan. I don't speak for my guild but I as a person think this is a good idea.

awsome

Traveler
I'm kind of on the fence. I don't necessarily love the concept of 'allying' with every RP guild, as the potential for OOC issues goes up when there's an OOC chat everyone can get in. Seems to me that AIM is perfect for organizing events. It works fine with the game system and I don't have to log off my main and log into an emissary as has also been mentioned.

However, I like the idea of being freely attackable in towns by my enemies. It's not fair to the Orcs that they can't attack me in guard zones, but I can attack them anywhere. I've RP'd on 2 different OSI shards, Catskills & Lake Superior, and both of those shards used a warring model for the RP community and I'm curious why it isn't used here. Can anyone tell me?

Bottom line, I dunno. If everyone allied as a means of creating freely attackable situations, I'd probably do it. I'd prefer to war everyone, although I understand that any guilds who have actual pvp wars with non-rp guilds would have issues there.

Vestros

Sorceror
=) not a bad point but just the thought of some events being set up through the embassy would be fun... like the orcs declaring war on another guild by their dignitary assassinating one of the other ambassadors

Two Wolves

Knight
In order to RP political assassination, my advice would be to have players create non-pvp ambassador characters with the idea that they are "disposable" - in the sense that when killed they stay dead. Kind of like playing using Hardcore Characters in Diablo II.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
In order to RP political assassination, my advice would be to have players create non-pvp ambassador characters with the idea that they are "disposable" - in the sense that when killed they stay dead. Kind of like playing using Hardcore Characters in Diablo II.

Interesting idea, the orcs would most likely send a human slave so the most disposable of the disposable. lol

Vestros

Sorceror
i think it would be rather fun :) just let me know what you think about setting up an embassy and who would be intrested in makeing some ambassador alts to throw around like cannon fodder <<( or a pug) if ur an urk

Joar93

Sorceror
Those ideas of having an 'embassy' are too hard to realize, it requires that the ambassadors are active at all time. We should make it as easy as possible for the community.

Vestros

Sorceror
not really all that difficult.... all that would have to be done is someone drop by the guild house and state their business .. ie: write in a book we have set up for such proupses.. after the message has been read.. the proper person will be notified and what ever needed to be handled can be dealt with..

Cheebs

Wanderer
I think arranging events and such should be done through RP means whenever possible, or through the guild leaders contacting each other through forum or IM when necessary.
Using the alliance feature in that way seems unnecessary and confusing, and many allied guilds do use it as its intended.

The RP guilds are growing and eventually the warring/alliance feature can start being used. Everyone is still building up and hashing out RoE, etc.

Vestros

Sorceror
i agree with cheebs and having an embassy type place would be a great way to rp a formal alliance signing or a declaration of war ect...also as stated previously can act as a liaison in between the guilds to set up events... w/e