UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO keeps closing

MiniBomb

Wanderer
UO keeps closing

i open razor, and try to connect. i get a message saying: Unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. Some text may not be displayed. click ok, and uo opens. then, it just shuts down for some reason. im patched up to 6.0.6.2, so i dont know what the problem is. any help appreciated

MiniBomb

Wanderer
Re: UO keeps closing

it looks like that guy had the same problems as me, but i still cant get it to work doing what was suggested

Bankshot

Wanderer

This happens when you try to play UO without installing it, such as after you reformat and just start playing from a backup of the UO directory.

Razor is looking for some registry entries and can't find them. To fix it just rename your current UO install directory (c:\program files\UO) to UO2 and then re-install using the old path (c:\program files\UO). The installer will add the registry entries and you can just delete the NEW install UO folder and re-name UO2 back.

Fixed.

nolliepoper

Sorceror

Are you using one of fez or addicted's gump hacks?
If so I know how to it cause I get the same error.

MiniBomb

Wanderer

where do i find the install directory? im looking in my program files and i cant find it. and no im not using any hacks

Mara

Knight

When you start razor, the first box that comes up at the top is where Razor tries to find a client location. It is usually set to 2D auto-select. Normally auto-select works fine, but the client file location depends on what version you initially installed.

For me now it is: C:programs\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client

In the past when I installed a different version it was: C:programs\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy I think. Another thing you could do is do a search on your hard drive for client.exe and see what turns up. That is the actual client file.

The 2D client is the only one that is supported on UO Hybrid. So if you installed the 3D client you need to uninstall it, and reinstall with the 2D client.

The server box on that first razor popup box is where you select UO Hybrid. Razor is set up to make it easy to connect to the Runuo shards this way.

MiniBomb

Wanderer

i think the game client i had had something wrong with it. gonna re-download it and try again

MiniBomb

Wanderer

uninstalled uo. re-downloaded it from the uo website, and i still get the message "Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable cliloc file. Some text may not be visible" and when i click ok, and click through ok on razor, it starts to open uo, gets to the grey screen, and freezes there. nothing i do is making it work. anyone able to help?

Addicted

Disciple

when you reinstall, make sure all the files get deleted. Sometimes it leaves crap in there and reinstalling isn't overriding them.

MiniBomb

Wanderer

still cant connect. everytime i go to open through razor, it just freezes at the grey screen. this is quite frustrating

Mara

Knight

Have you checked your firewall? When the game was initially installed, and a notice came to for the file client.exe wanted to communicate with the internet - did you block it? You can try turning off your entire firewall momentarily to see if it starts working, or you can go into your firewall exceptions and add a new exception for the client.exe program(found in the main installation folder for UO).

I suggested some other things in the other thread about making sure that you are installing the 2D client, and that if you are using other versions of Windows than Win XP to try running as admin and placing razor.exe and client.exe into Windows XP compatibility mode.

Mara

Knight

This is a link for joining Hybrid from the knowledgebase.

UO Gamers: Hybrid Knowledgebase :: How do I join UOG: Hybrid?

Make sure that you have Net Framework 2.0 installed on your computer. You can find a link to download it directly from Microsoft in the above article, as well as other requirements for playing here. For Windows XP, you can go to Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs and check to see if it comes up in the list.

Mara

Knight

Not even Windows firewall for XP? Maybe a router built in firewall? Sorry I couldn't help you out. Maybe someone with another idea will come along. If you are using linux or something else, maybe someone who uses it can help you, if you wish to post the full run-down of your operating system, razor version, hardware etc. Maybe come back to it after a few days when you don't want to smash your computer so much. Good luck.