UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOam-Blackscreen

Damn't

Sorceror
Downloaded UOam and the screen is black, it still tracks my movements, shows where the towns are/moongates/etc. But I can't see landscape features such as mountains, the ocean, etc due to the ink black color. Tried all settings/preferences.. Can someone tell me how to get this to where I can see the landscape features? Thanks in advance!

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I know you tried setting the uo folder directory.. Are you sure your maps set to felucca not ishnier or trammel? .....lol

Damn't

Sorceror
Positive. Please do not reply without an answer as others will pass over the link when they see there are "replies" to my question/s. Thanks.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Positive. Please do not reply without an answer as others will pass over the link when they see there are "replies" to my question/s. Thanks.
That was an answer pal lol its the 2 main fixes for the black screen of death.. Google it :) but try finding a different install for uoam that's really all I can think.. And fyi if anything my post keeps yours as a sticky on the main forums page.. Shesh ;p

Gages

Sorceror
I take it your fully patched or close to?

http://downloaduocartographer.com/

That link is for uocartographer, theres a link for the .mul file fix download that and put the old map files in your uo directory. That should work for uoam (you might have to uninstall/reinstall uoam) If it doesn't work just download cartographer, that won't show the black screen with the .mul fix.

Damn't

Sorceror
Thanks Gages, at least someone was helpful with a response. I was told the same thing by someone else, that I patched "to far" and one solution would be to re-install UO and don't patch it all the way. I like your solution better. :)

Damn't

Sorceror
Trust me, i've learned my lesson, you'd be the last person I ever asked for help from. Getting help from you is like sticking pins in my eye. All you ever say in response to questions is a sarcastic little comment with lol/etc, etc.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I'll remember that :D fyi annoyances aside both my posts were valid fixes to your problem I guess you had a crusty uoam install.... Lol ;)

Gages

Sorceror
The problem is that after a certain patch the map files changed. That .mul fix is just a download for the old map files. uoam was made to use the old files not the new ones. This also fixs razor not showing icons in the title bar.

Did you get it to work Damn't?

Side note if your not fully patched and some of your hues are f'ed up you can download the hues.mul file from a fully patched client and you'll be able to see the newer colors (no more black lucky llamas ect.)