UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOCartographer Set-up & Labels

Barnicoat

Knight
One other thing, I went into Despise and the map went all black, and keep defaulting to Malas. Any idea what the deal is with that?

MB

Knight
One other thing, I went into Despise and the map went all black, and keep defaulting to Malas. Any idea what the deal is with that?
If you log in to a facet that is different than the one UOC was last using, it will get out of sync and appear black.

Set the facet to the one you are currently in and restart UOC without moving in game and it will fix.

Barnicoat

Knight
Thanks MB. And for the labels, I create the subfolder called 'UOC maps' or something just in the UO folder and put the label files in there. Is there anything else that needs to be done to make it work?

Americana

Sorceror
Anyone have issue with Cartographer's map changing to a black screen after you change the facet choice within the map?

MB

Knight
Ok, thanks, that's what I figured.

Note: The new client from the UO site starts at 7.0.24. Starting with 7.0.24, the map files were renamed and do not work with UOC. If you want UOC to work, you must get the old ML client and not patch to 7.0.24.0

otimpyre

Sorceror
You can drop your personal.map files from UOAM into the UOC directory. They are compatible.
No need unless you had alot of personal markers made in UOAM. Just use the labels provided.

digitalllama

Wanderer
This will still work... If you get the files from an earlier version (map1.mul , map2.mul , map3.mul , map4.mul , map5.mul) and just paste them into your UO folder after your client updates then Cartographer should work fine.

Bravo

Squire
So, aside from uninstalling and getting an older version of the client, what are the map options for players here? I couldn't get uoam to work last night; assuming it is also due to the change in map file types.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Found this awhile back buried in some forum it installs two types of UOAM icons on desktop use single click version I am patched to 7.0.23.1 it works.

Attachments

• UOAMv9_Install.rar
    359.1 KB · Views: 21

Bravo

Squire
The above UOAM works for me with 7.0.24 once I dropped old .mul map files into my folder.

Edit: I take that back. Only Malas and Ilsh work. Not sure why some would and others wouldn't.

Edit again: Grabbed a few more of the old .mul files and pasted into current UO folder, and all appears to be working. Watch out for edit three!

Sythen

Sorceror
Can't get this program to track my player at all. Got it to read my custom map files though :)

Did a google search: UOCartographer Wont Track My Player
No Luck!

1) I installed it using the instructions above
2) I installed the label pack
3) I set the directory to my UO client

MB

Knight
Labels are independent of it working. Don't worry about those til map itself works.

Do you actually see the maps?