UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

uonoobs's guide to rare merchanting!

uonoobs

Knight
uonoobs's guide to rare merchanting!

I will edit in more stuff constantly, i need to post this now (NOT finished) since i'm afraid my pc overheats (it does that alot) and i'll lose everything i've written so far.

Uonoobs's guide to rare merchanting

Introduction

As many of you know i've been a merchant on this shard for quite some years now. As far as I consider it's the easiest and safest form of making money, and it's relatively fast aswell! A lazy boys dream!

There are alot of other forms of merchanting too (faction vendors, crafting, pvm etc etc) but this is my line of work.

Hardcore pvpers take note, getting rich with merchanting rares often involves banksitting [e puke !

(i think introduction needs an authors photograph and a little biography)

Making faces and boxed juice 4 lyf.
^ yes this is my life, if it was any more exciting i would not be writing this guide

1. Starting Up

- you need to have a clean reputation.

Don't get worried if you are a new merchant, no rep at all is better than negative rep. The more you do deals with people and the more polite you behave when doing your merchanting this will automatically build up.

You might not think this is such a big deal but when it comes to merchant rivarly reputation makes a BIG difference.

It is possible to merchant with a bad one too but you will get less amount of people coming to YOU for deals, you will have to look for them more than a good reputated merchant.

I've also bought items for less than my rival has been offering (in game, on forums this is ILLEGAL :D) because the seller has not liked the other guy.

-You will need a starting fund. It doesn't have to be huge but enough so that you can hold several merchanting 'goods' at once and preferably some cash too so you dont have to rely on selling your merchandice too much, one of the key factors in rare merchanting is patience.

-You need a vast knowledge of rares and their prices.
This can easily be studied on the forums but rare values change faster than they appear on forums so its best to keep up in game.
Trade forums will always point you into the right direction though.

2. Vendors

When I was a new merchant I always did my merchanting manually.
(Brit bank was far more popular and it was relatively easy, most of the other merchants did this too , Fain for example) This was the time when almost all vendor merchanting was crafted goods.

These days Vendors have become really popular and I HIGHLY recommend getting one
This guide is from a vendor merchants point of view.
It really doesn't matter all that much where you have one if you are willing to gate and advertize it, ofcourse spots that are already known and have lots of daily hits are the best choise.

My business got a huge boost after I moved on to vendors, probably because I would normally be sleeping when it's the american players peak hour. So instead of merchanting for couple hours a day max, i could try and sell my items 24/7 !

Vendor merchanting is the easiest form of merchanting but It makes being a deuche easy as well, I dont think that's honorable for a merchant but it will make you rich:

You can prize your items ridicilously high and you wont have to listen to the buyers whine about it since you will most likely not interact with them, there's always someone who will buy it eventually

I recommend beginning with as cheap prizes as you can while still making a little bit of profit if you are starting your own vendor house that doesnt have a rep yet (same rep rules apply on vendor malls as they do on merchant players).

This is basic economics ("remember the time when coffee was only 80cents" yet people still buy their 8 dollar frappuchinos :rollseyes:)

You will get plenty of regular customers, and once you have enough of them checking in daily you can start pricing the items a little higher more and more.

If you start up with too high of prizes people will NOT mark your vendor or most likely come back again even though you are gating!

3. THE GOODS

This graph is accurate most of the time.
Im sure you can figure out WHEN you want to buy the rares by looking at it.
NEVER EVER COUNT ON THIS GRAPH 100%
There is ALWAYS a risk, in my opinion rare merchanting is almost like stocks!
you can NEVER control the random events that change the rares prize drastically, and 90% of the cases it means the rares value will drop.
One good example of this are the Fuck Lag sandals.
(very rare red hued sandals, during the past few months hundreds and hundreds of same hued red sandals have been handed out making fuck lags not so special anymore.

This is why I never invest too much on a single rare.
Also I could most likely get more money waiting for longer but I am afraid of these random events so 90% of the time I put the items on my vendor the day I purchase them.

IMPORTANT EXCEPTION
One type of rares I hold on to and try to buy as many as I can are

Special donation items
Especially if I know for certain there wont be more of these.
If you have alot of money farm as many special donation items as you can. They go up the value the fastest!

For your steady profit you can always make a buck or two banksitting in popular areas, or poker boats (IF YOU GO TO THE BOATS PLEASE DONT SPAM,will give you -rep)

There are always people selling items and most of the sellers do not get upet if you haggle with the price. BUT BEING POLITE is the key here and if they are certain they dont want to go any lower on the items leave them alone. You will lose future 'rare distributers' by acting like a jerk.

If you have a vendor, making steady income is ridiculously easy.
Lets say you buy F*ck Trammy sandals for 130k and toss them into your money making machine, the vendor, for 150k you should be able to sell them in a day. It seems small but i repeat this tens of times a day and just keep piling the rares on that vendor and i'll make an easy half a mil a day with almost no work at all.

TIPS:

- I've made millions of extra profit with the magic of "Please" and "Thank you"

- Be in good terms with the Poker community, these fellows give the best deals when they go broke

- Second best community is the IDOC community, these players most likely know the value of their rare and wont give you HUGE deals, but you will get a nifty profit since most of them don't want to keep the rares they get.

-Forums are the hardest way to make profit when buying since you have all the merchant competition here, in game is where the magic is at

-The bigger(more rare) the item the better idea it is to sell it on the forums not on a vendor.

-Make sure EVERYONE knows your aim, i was lucky to get an easy one to remember (uonoobs). Once you have a high enough reputation as a merchant you will start getting aims for deals.
I always keep my aim online even when im not doing anything uo related because of this.

(continued later, reason all the way up top ^^^)

Re: uonoobs's guide to rare merchanting!

good guide. hopefully helps some players understand buying and selling better. one piece of advice i have is you can always offer lower than they are asking. they may try to me rude or blunt about it and tell you to shove off. its not a bad thing unless you know your lowballing to the point of them losing money. for instance i buy all my cbds at 375-400k then resell them at 450k its not huge profits by any means but i buy and sell enough of them to get 2-3 free a week. the price isnt outrageous enough to make anyone mad but yet fair enough that its worth the price to those who need them.

just remember placement of vendors and your main or alt char can be key as well. for instance uonoobs mall is a hotspot and helps for easy and quick sells. brit bank is a great place to afk because whats not to say when you return the guy next to you is sellin 10 cbds for 350k cause he lost all his money in poker. ive caught many deals coming back to the computer at the right time.

placement and price are 2 of the most important factors in buying and selling items.

W

whispers

nice guide noobs

SavvyT

Sorceror

Very informative, i think i might start rare merchanting more because of this guide.

uonoobs

Knight

Thanks for the nice replies! I know this guide is still a bit ugly to look and lacking some stuff but I had some irl stuff to do

I'll get back into polishing it in a second!

Javelin

Squire

This is a cool guide. I started a vendor mall a few months ago and have made mil's off it already. I don't sell rares though (I'm a horder!). The one thing I've learned in the past few months is that vendors are awesome and they can make alot of money with hardly any effort. I love waking up and checking them too see that I've made another 300-400k while I was sleeping.

andrewUO6529

Sorceror

cool, keep it goin....

Think I need to get lockpicking on my thief to unlock your bank box tho, my master plan of getting rich quick guide!

andrewUO6529

Sorceror

ive made nearly 1 billion gold on my years total on this shard with time from trades + idocs combined, time can be a bad thing sometimes... but on simple sales its a good thing as long as your doing it in the bulk :p

Uomvp

Knight

The old uo is an addiction. Little a**hole kids and trailor trash people killed this game. Their language is disgusting and they play this game like it's a religion...

good guide. hopefully helps some players understand buying and selling better. one piece of advice i have is you can always offer lower than they are asking. they may try to me rude or blunt about it and tell you to shove off. its not a bad thing unless you know your lowballing to the point of them losing money. for instance i buy all my cbds at 375-400k then resell them at 450k its not huge profits by any means but i buy and sell enough of them to get 2-3 free a week. the price isnt outrageous enough to make anyone mad but yet fair enough that its worth the price to those who need them.

just remember placement of vendors and your main or alt char can be key as well. for instance uonoobs mall is a hotspot and helps for easy and quick sells. brit bank is a great place to afk because whats not to say when you return the guy next to you is sellin 10 cbds for 350k cause he lost all his money in poker. ive caught many deals coming back to the computer at the right time.

placement and price are 2 of the most important factors in buying and selling items.

Cbds are like gold. Always profit there. Any time a see a cheap one I snag it up and just wait til someone needs it bad or fast