UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update July 25, 2015 - Misc Changes, Server Wars

otimpyre

Sorceror
Would it be possible to have a red system message in all caps you have been BLOOD OATHED! In a system message? To alert the player like enhanced client does. Enhanced Client puts spells effects in letters on your screen. This is annoying to me. But, a compromise like middle ground on the blood oath seems like a good Idea to me. If you watch this battle you will see the effect for web on screen. I could't find a good example of blood oath. But, I have seen it say on screen like this. BLOOD OATHED So a system message in red caps would be awesome! Thanks for all the updates.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
http://www.uoguide.com/Blood_Oath

It still does direct damage in pvm right?
It does indeed seem like the resisting spells skill does not affect blood oath from monsters currently. This will be looked into (it's most likely incorrect) and fixed if needed. (Bug report has been updated.)

My unicorn is set to guard me
I only have JOAT taming and lore
My unicorn did not attack the mongbat once
Guarding should indeed check your control chance. This will be fixed too. :)

Would it be possible to have a red system message in all caps you have been BLOOD OATHED! In a system message? To alert the player like enhanced client does.
This is probably Pinco's UI or just some extra built into the enhanced client. On the classic client, you only get a buff icon on OSI as well (no message). It's perhaps more suitable to add a custom system message to Razor upon receiving the buff?

Bama

Bug Huntress
check your control chance

Please look into other things a pet will not do if the player does not have to skills to control it
Such as keeping pace with the owner

Unicorn is wonderfully happy
I have 120 animal lore and JOAT (JCK F LL TRDS) taming
I can off screen it while I stealth
In the screenshots I stop walking at 6:23:48
The unicorn finally gets to where I am at 6:24:02

On Demise with zero taming and lore or with JOAT (JCK F LL TRDS) taming and lore
I can teleport 10/11 tiles at a time and it will keep up with me

Y'Y_7-30_06.23.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-1.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-2.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-3.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-4.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-5.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-6.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-7.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.23-8.jpg Y'Y_7-30_06.24.jpg

DWN WTH VLWS

Sorceror
Please look into other things a pet will not do if the player does not have to skills to control it
Such as keeping pace with the owner

Unicorn is wonderfully happy
I have 120 animal lore and JOAT (JCK F LL TRDS) taming
I can off screen it while I stealth
In the screenshots I stop walking at 6:23:48
The unicorn finally gets to where I am at 6:24:02

On Demise with zero taming and lore or with JOAT (JCK F LL TRDS) taming and lore
I can teleport 10/11 tiles at a time and it will keep up with me

View attachment 95243 View attachment 95244 View attachment 95245 View attachment 95246 View attachment 95247 View attachment 95248 View attachment 95249 View attachment 95250 View attachment 95251 View attachment 95252
JOAT means jack of all turds?

Bama

Bug Huntress
guarding pets should only attack monsters that are attacking you
I have noticed something that is a little strange regarding pets that are guarding and MoBs that have flagged me

A MoB flags me and my pet takes off to attack it............. no problem

A 2nd MoB flags me (while my pet is attacking the 1st MoB) from the opposite side of the screen.My pet darts over to the 2nd MoB and attacks it.....................no problem

Back to the 1st MoB, it is still flagged to me and is walking towards me..........................no problem

If my pet kills the 2nd MoB my pet will not go and attack the 1st MoB (though the 1st MoB is flagged to me) unless I break the flagging of the 1st MoB by hiding or casting invisibility or if I attack it ................................ intended?

Last edited:

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed something that is a little strange regarding pets that are guarding and MoBs that have flagged me

A MoB flags me and my pet takes off to attack it............. no problem

A 2nd MoB flags me (while my pet is attacking the 1st MoB) from the opposite side of the screen.My pet darts over to the 2nd MoB and attacks it.....................no problem

Back to the 1st MoB, it is still flagged to me and is walking towards me..........................no problem

If my pet kills the 2nd MoB my pet will not go and attack the 1st MoB (though the 1st MoB is flagged to me) unless I break the flagging of the 1st MoB by hiding or casting invisibility or if I attack it ................................ intended?
Your guarding pet goes after mobs that are closest to you, and attacking you. It seems to be working fine:

Some reasons why it's not working for you:
  • The pet is failing the control chance check for guarding you.
  • The monster is now in combat with something else (even though it may still be flagged to you).
  • The monster is too far away from the pet to be seen.

Bama

Bug Huntress
The pet is failing the control chance check for guarding you.
110 taming 110 lore if there was a failed control check the loyalty would drop right?.............. once I attack the monster it will attack it
The monster is now in combat with something else (even though it may still be flagged to you).
Nothing else for it to attack but me or the pet
The monster is too far away from the pet to be seen.
The pet is right by me (I thinking it is even laughing) while the monster is hitting me

I don't see those things flagging you or whoever it is there

Last edited: