UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update March 28, 2015 - Monstrous Interred Grizzle! / SW

Rayden

Sorceror
[...]pure mages/ necro mages will be weaker as a result. Tactics/mages, melee will become even stronger. This screws the new player because it's tough as hell to field a viable tactics mage.

The skill required doesn't need to be necessarily tactics. Maybe any combat skills (making only the people with defensive wrestling having to decide if that 20 points of skills saved is really worth). Nevertheless, implementing a chance to miss and a delay between them is way more important.

Remember when fukiyas hit everytime and you only had to have 50 ninjitsu? So OP right? YES! it was OP. But people struggled to change that as well, some of the top PvPer's used to run tactics ninja mages (including me). So now we test ninja skill in order to see if the fukia hits or not, seems a lot more fair and really helped the shard to become more balanced.

Bolas are the same thing, some of the guys built their characters and their way of playing arround that, but the way it works nowadays doesn't look fair and only rewards players that play in a huge gank (not saying that I don't gank....).

Fixing would make the pvp better. It would give players that like playing in small groups a better chance of survival, and would make some trash tactics harder to execute. I like the PvP where you win by casting, healing, shooting, punching and not by disabling the guy to the point that he can't show any skills that he might have, because he can't cast (Essence of Wind) and he can't run (Bola Balls).

And I really think that the best players of this game have left because there's only way left to play it. Ganking and disabling.

c0d3r

Traveler
staff fixed pixies, it was OP; they even added a custom feature to mitigate the power of essence of wind... just try playing and see how it is now.

stop complaining, this is part of the game, I don't use wind myself as I don't play 120 spellweaving templates but I resist its effects very often... just add 115 or 120 resisting spells or something but most cant right? because they want to complain about wind but they want to use a fuckin weapon and mortal spam people to death on their mages even on duels, ye... [sarcasm]thats not OP, ping means nothing on this game and you feel like you are the best pvp ever[/sarcasm].

@Rayden, the problem with ninja back in time was related to bugs, afaik there are no bugs with bolas... darts had a 100% hit success as long as you could throw it, etc. dont get me wrong I also believe bolas are OP and I like when staff fix pvp related bugs, but we can't complain about thing that are not bugged.

lets fix champions being lured away and exploited by larger groups leaded by cowards? well, thats a real bug but some players dont want that fixed because they play on the "gank side" and I'm yet to see any "boat fight" on this shard, all the time I saw people luring champions away was so they could hide and kill it. while a smaller group try to protect the champ by doing real PvP, larger guilds can afford 3 dummys to lure it to a boat and take away all the fun.

people want it easy even while doing some PvM, I really think that most of you sampires who are complaining about the soulstone fix have already exploited the system enough and must learn other templates and combine other skills.

staff did well this time by fixing pvp related issues, thanks.

Necrodog

Page
I agree with you necrodog, bolas are broken. But again, instead of fightning for the exploit that allows us to play our dexxers (I play an ancher myself), I rather vote to remove that exploit and then try to bring some reason into admins minds and convince them to nerf bolas a little.

Eveybody knows that if that depended on me, bolas would be removed from the game completely. That would make dismounters (melee and ranged) far more valuables. I would make like UO:Dreams where the melee dismount is more powerful than the ranged dismount (its way more FUN). But hey, that's not the case here.

What would happen is the disabling that exploit would make people go to factions in order to get a war horse, and demise would step into a new era of PvP (far better one, IMO)

I like this idea, believe me, but the only thing is that I doubt it will ever happen, since pet bonding deeds would be purchased a lot less. Perhaps I came off a bit rudely about it in my first post about bolas, but I was simply trying to remind everyone that few mechanics in this game can be altered by themselves without breaking something else. No mechanic is in a vacuum, so-to-speak.

Invisible potions, trap pouches, protection scrolls + teleport scrolls, poison potions, help from team mates.

Fielding is on UO since the beggining of the times, my advice is to get over it.

I have to disagree.

I understand that if you are dumb enough to get trapped by an Evil Omen ==> Paralyze with no trapped box you deserve to be E-Fielded, but the fact that you can stop someone mid sprint with an E-Field is stupid. Now, people can field you with the E-Field ==> Stun Punch ==> E-Field trick, and trap and kill anyone who is not already in protection with explosion potions. Two mages can synch up E-Fields and catch someone mid-sprint in an inescapable death trap.

My friend tells me that E-Fields work differently on OSI (When an Energy Field is cast on OSI, he tells me that there is a very brief window where you can run through it right as it is cast before it is active), and although I realize that that fact by itself cannot be used to justify a change, I think that staff should think about changing the way that Energy Fields work.

The skill required doesn't need to be necessarily tactics. Maybe any combat skills (making only the people with defensive wrestling having to decide if that 20 points of skills saved is really worth). Nevertheless, implementing a chance to miss and a delay between them is way more important.

Remember when fukiyas hit everytime and you only had to have 50 ninjitsu? So OP right? YES! it was OP. But people struggled to change that as well, some of the top PvPer's used to run tactics ninja mages (including me). So now we test ninja skill in order to see if the fukia hits or not, seems a lot more fair and really helped the shard to become more balanced.

Bolas are the same thing, some of the guys built their characters and their way of playing arround that, but the way it works nowadays doesn't look fair and only rewards players that play in a huge gank (not saying that I don't gank....).

Fixing would make the pvp better. It would give players that like playing in small groups a better chance of survival, and would make some trash tactics harder to execute. I like the PvP where you win by casting, healing, shooting, punching and not by disabling the guy to the point that he can't show any skills that he might have, because he can't cast (Essence of Wind) and he can't run (Bola Balls).

And I really think that the best players of this game have left because there's only way left to play it. Ganking and disabling.

So much truth it hurts.

Last edited:

Necrodog

Page
...but we can't complain about thing that are not bugged.

Not true.

This shard is not an OSI Clone. It is a custom shard, with different mechanics. You cannot use the argument of, "It should be OSI-Accurate, no questions asked" unless every single aspect of the shard is OSI-Accurate. Needless to say, many things are far from OSI-Accurate on Demise.

Rayden

Sorceror
Just to make one thing clear, I really think that the staff is doing an AMAZING job, updating periodically, working on some sensitive area like SW (Which I strongly doubted would be fixed) . Congratulations and TYVM @Eos and the rest of the staff.

I'm also really impressed by how the forums are much more reasonable in terms of discussion and seeing that some people are really willing to make a better shard, instead of just collecting insurance gold.

I like this idea, believe me, but the only thing is that I doubt it will ever happen, since pet bonding deeds would be purchased a lot less. Perhaps I came off a bit rudely about it in my first post about bolas, but I was simply trying to remind everyone that few mechanics in this game can be altered by themselves without breaking something else. No mechanic is in a vacuum, so-to-speak.

You will need to bond your war horse as well. Probably more than one. And by the way, Demise store can profit from other stuff, some decent ideas can be found here:

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/569972/

The point I see that we could improve a little more is in stablishing priorities. I really think that the staff should make some POLLS about those other sensitive areas we talked about, like Bola Balls and strong Pets

Necrodog

Page
Yes let's overpower archers even more...
Although archers are powerful, I would hardly call them OVERpowered, unless you have crappy gear like me and have no DCI. Don't forget, any human mage can Evil Omen ==> Paralyze them and Energy Field them in, so long as you carry EO Scrolls.

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
Although archers are powerful, I would hardly call them OVERpowered, unless you have crappy gear like me and have no DCI. Don't forget, any human mage can Evil Omen ==> Paralyze them and Energy Field them in, so long as you carry EO Scrolls.

Amen to that

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
We need hit area and momentum strike fixed now, to deal with the soulstone change.
We will look into those. ;)

Check OSI, people cannot bond pets and have them auto-follow them after they soulstone off taming. The pets just stand still and do not follow.
This is false. I just tested this again to make sure, and pets continue to follow you and fight for you after putting both taming and lore in soulstones. However, you can't give them new commands.

What is the % chanse for drop Unique , Decoration and Shared Champion Spawn Artifacts in the server ?
The same as OSI. ;) 5% unique, 10% shared and 15% decorative.

inscription EXPLOIT
Putting inscription in a soulstone also works just fine on OSI, it does not cancel any buffs you have on you.

I do believe bolas are inconsistent with OSI at the moment, but I would have to look into that.

This shard is not an OSI Clone. It is a custom shard, with different mechanics.
The goal has always been "OSI, but better". I cannot see a way to categorize a soulstone exploit as "better". The issues of balance mostly refer to bugs in other templates, which we will eventually all fix. :)

Souced

Sorceror
What used to happen on osi with fighting pets such as mare and kirrins and the like was if no taming is it would go wild very quickly making it unrealistic to use in pvp but I have not check into this since osi ML time so not sure what it is like now, and everyone get over the mage casting issues it has been broken forever and the gm's don't care about fixing it never have never will. So either join them or just stay away until it is fixed the gm's want it this way so it will stay this way.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
What used to happen on osi with fighting pets such as mare and kirrins and the like was if no taming is it would go wild very quickly making it unrealistic to use in pvp but I have not check into this since osi ML time so not sure what it is like now, and everyone get over the mage casting issues it has been broken forever and the gm's don't care about fixing it never have never will. So either join them or just stay away until it is fixed the gm's want it this way so it will stay this way.
I hate to be a grammar nazi, but your shit doesn't even make sense. Periods are your friends.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
I want to ask why is the Grizzle peerless made so annoyingly slow to kill.. First you waste a good 30 mins( if you are lucky) on stupid dorp rate keys.. then you enter and that thing doesnt stop to debuff you with that rediculous slow and it is made in such a way that you cannot dodge that debuff. Good thing i went there with another person... it took us only 30 mins to kill that beasty.. Is it broken or that is the way it is supposed to be ?

Last edited:

Devo

Sorceror
I like the way things are now.

Bolas are good and I like having a lot more choices in mounts to ride.

E-Fields are only used really for guard zone fighting, so if you're trying to get a red guard wacked you deserve to be E Fielded. As mentioned before there is several ways to defeat this tactic.

Thanks for the changes!