UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What this shard needs

I've been familiar with UOGamers since at least 2004. This shard has gone through many ups and downs. Now though, it's reached a low point. People don't want to play because playing is pointless. You can get your tamer and kill blood elemental all day, maybe make 500k. Or you can spend $1 for 2,000,000 gold. You can try to PvP but good luck finding anyone to kill. Another downside is that this place is pixelcracked out. Do we really need 500 different wearables that are all neon? Seriously, neon isn't that cool, go back to the 80s.

So what can be done?
I think whats best for everyone and the shard would be a near total shard wipe. Keep the characters, keep the pets. That's about it. Put purpose back in farming and put people back in the dungeons. Draw old players back by giving them a reason to play again.

I'd even settle for a gold and pixel crack wipe. When gold is 50 cents per million, the economy is fucked. I havn't played much since I've come back but I'm willing to bet you pretty much can't buy a castle without real cash. Why? because nobody wants to deal with 500 million worth of checks. Maybe it's that the server isn't managed anymore. And nobody cared enough to put more aggressive gold sinks in. When I started in 04, a 18x18 went for 500-700k, back when you'd be hard pressed to find a place to put down a 8x8.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Keep in mind that some of the pixel crack nowadays comes from the Donation store.

Would you really like them to wipe up something that the dude just donated hundreads of dollar to get, just to take it away from him from under his nose?

Imagining myself in the shoes of the donator, I would be hella pissed off!

Imagining myself in the shoes of the donator, I would be hella pissed off!
the person donated to the server for it to be maintained and held upon its integrity. You should be pissed off you don't feel bad that the server has crashed economically and the only true reason a gold/item wipe isn't implemented is because of the fear of hurting donators.

If you feel that strongly about your items and not the betterment of the shard, you shouldn't have fuckin donated.

OP hit the nail on the head, there's no reason to even remotely put any time or consideration into this server because I can do anything I want for around the price of a sub sandwich at subway.

Hey, guys: Let's wipe all of the gold so we can farm it again! Then, when the gold piles back up, we can wipe it and farm it AGAIN! Boy, what a great server this will be!

Try not to become a nihilist as you realize how asinine that sounds.
The fresh grind of a new server is much more enjoyable than a stalemate for years with people paying 10 bucks for anything they could want in this game. All the ways to experience the game endeavoring for gold, meeting and associating yourself with new people or acquaintances, and actually experiencing the content of the game far beats sitting around looking at pixels most people won't sell for gold.

You can say you can do champs and have fun today, but without having dozens of people recalling in and attempting to steal the champ from under you because they want/need gold as well, it's not the same feeling of accomplishment when you actually successfully run a champ. There's very little interaction amongst the community because everybody knows they need not waste their time for measly gold when everybody has billions.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I don't think I'm allowed to comment on this type of post anymore so here's a gta5 gif

TheHawks

Sorceror
I'd even settle for a gold and pixel crack wipe. When gold is 50 cents per million, the economy is fucked. I havn't played much since I've come back but I'm willing to bet you pretty much can't buy a castle without real cash. Why? because nobody wants to deal with 500 million worth of checks. Maybe it's that the server isn't managed anymore. And nobody cared enough to put more aggressive gold sinks in. When I started in 04, a 18x18 went for 500-700k, back when you'd be hard pressed to find a place to put down a 8x8.
A low end castle can sell for 40m or less and the rough value of a 18x18 is 1m. After the recent gold sink the value of almost all rares and clothing across the board dropped by more than 25% of their original value. There maybe a lot of gold and a new sink would be helpfull, but your statement that gold is worthless is not grounded in reality. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying things are peachy keen. I'm very sad about the overall state of the game and that Ryan came back with so much apparent enthusiasm only to disappear and with him many of the returning players that were hoping for a resurgence. I'm trying my best to stay motivated to keep the only active IDOC guild on the shard going, but without enemies to fight it's tough. I normally don't like it when people come out and say things like the shard is dying, because that can cause newer players and weak minded people to allow that to become a self fulfilling statement. It fucking sucks too because you have this element of players that don't even play here and their only goal is to try and push the server towards death. These scumbags that make it their job to make constant negative posts about the shard and then there's the pieces of shit that ddos us. Harassing admins, scamming players for real money constantly and utilizing vpns to avoid in game and forum bans for the sole purpose of hurting a video game server that has most likely brought them plenty of enjoyment over the years. Anyways I'm done ranting. You'll see my ass in game until the end, which hopefully isn't anytime soon. Also, no matter what some people say, if you look around there are always new people joining us. I constantly see newbs in different towns with young accounts. If something is done, the shard can regrow.

bakeddaily1

Sorceror
+ 1 on wipe I really could care less if all my stuff I've collected since 2004 disappeared I don't use 99 percent of it anyways.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
The fresh grind of a new server is much more enjoyable than a stalemate for years with people paying 10 bucks for anything they could want in this game. All the ways to experience the game endeavoring for gold, meeting and associating yourself with new people or acquaintances, and actually experiencing the content of the game far beats sitting around looking at pixels most people won't sell for gold.

You can say you can do champs and have fun today, but without having dozens of people recalling in and attempting to steal the champ from under you because they want/need gold as well, it's not the same feeling of accomplishment when you actually successfully run a champ. There's very little interaction amongst the community because everybody knows they need not waste their time for measly gold when everybody has billions.
Most of the current PVM content is garbage, and that fact won't change with a server wipe. I have no desire to refarm garbage, even if it would be spliced with some PVP. It's not impossible to curtail the gold and resource stockpile issue: make IDOCs drop no loot and create gold/item sinks. It's also entirely possible to get wealthy veterans into the field, as we saw with the introduction of paragons. The server just needs manpower to implement fixes and new ideas.

The answer is not to subject us all to mindless busywork in an attempt to create action. We might as well cut out the tedium and play an actual PVP game at that point.

El Ugly 707

Traveler
+ 1 on wipe I really could care less if all my stuff I've collected since 2004 disappeared I don't use 99 percent of it anyways.
Hey bro, so what you are saying is that it doesn't matter if you have all your stuff, which is totally cool. That being said, let's see if you are truly nonchalant about losing your stuff. Give me all, if not most of your stuff. You don't use 99 percent of it anyways, right?

My final note as a "retired" veteran of UOG. I came back to UOG for two days, saw the dire state of the shard and left for another free shard which shows much greater potential.

UOG has failed to attract another player. Something is fucked up on this server and I'll leave it to the people who are still playing to figure it out. If nothing changes, expect a slow stagnation followed by a crawl to death when Ryan finally pulls the plug.

Best of luck, fix the server and I'll give it another go.

MelodyTFA

Squire
A wipe isnt the awnser, the probleme this days is there are NO RARES TO BUY , Gold is so worthless cuz of people buying and selling gold that no one will sell there items and for good reason. Gold selling hurts the donation store too, why would somone donate for a cbd when he can buy 16m off pulp for same price instead? Gold selling and buying has to be outlawed again to drive price of gold back up and therefore making gold more desirable so people would farm it again. Other thing, once this is done instead of a total wipe what we need is an RARE CUB this year, so people could toss in there 10000 of semi rares that are useless and get points for things like idk hair dye? cbd? Regs? not neccesairly ultra rares but something more usefull then the 18x18 of shirts we all have. I put tons of semi rares in cub one year it was so much effort for not enought points. By doing an Item sink this way the Item prices will go up too because there will be less 10k blessed shirts 10k ( fake virgo candles) less stupid decos, so the real stuff will be worth more. Items will be worth more, Gold will be worth more and people will actualy have a reason to try and save up for a pair of sandies because they will be less on shard. Please people try and see the logic of the points i make in my post you all know this makes sense, give arguments on specifics things you like or dislike about my idea's

El Ugly 707

Traveler
Guys, it's not about gold or ass wipes. It's about people finding fun in the game. If you log in bored to begin with (which is probably why you logged in in the first fucking place) you are going to log right out and find something else to do. This shard is all about people who want to relive or experience the glory days of UO. So fuck it. Log on, shut the fuck up and play.

I like the idea of a wipe, but maybe not a total wipe.

Give out special "wipe proof" boxes, one per account, that can hold up to 10 items or so. You can fill that box with whatever 10 items you want, and the rest of your shit goes poof.

Putting full suit of hybrid armor, 1 500mill check, 3 runic hammers, 1 fish steak in mine.