UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did OSI die for you?

• Total voters

Just wondering, for people who played on OSI before here, when did it lose its fun for you? For me, it lost it shortly after AoS came out, but that's only because I didn't join until around LBR time (if I had been on pre-Trammel, Trammel probably would've been my end).

AoS made me a small fortune, as I was lucky enough to get a house within the gates of Luna, and then set up a vendor selling full necro spellbooks for 500K. Crazy times, but OSI fucked us over real bad, and half of the players never saw it coming. After I realized that everything was gear-based in PvP, and that I'd have to play far more than I wanted to to achieve anything, I quit.

R.i.p.

Shortly after 3rd dawn and factions, right before the coming of powerscrolls....

I did like to wander through the new areas and sightsee new stuff... but that quickly wore off, + plus there wasnt anyone to pk EVER in fel....

sunfiregt

Wanderer
OSI promptly died with publish 16 which introduced all the ghey shit liek tinkering ore color and granite. Also made all npcs invuln and a list of completley gay things that ruined game play. And they took away the old school item identification system. GHEY. Publish 16 entered death cycle of the OSI planet.

Booshnig

Sorceror
I didn't quit untill I realized how gay trying to PK was while having Revenants thrown on my ass was, and dying in 2 withers. 70 dmg per hit paladins are pretty overpowered too... higher than 30% fireball/lightning weapons were godly.
Some of the other patches were ghey, but none can compete with AoS. And in a few months, we'll get to bitch and wine about UO:JAP's mishaps.

C

Cricket

Sunfire and kaervek hit it right on the nose.

Pub 16 was the end of OSI.

Period.

~C

S

salamando-hybrid

When they said, 'Thank you for participating in our Beta Program, and we hope to see you on the live servers on Monday!'

Phantom16

Wanderer
AoS....i played it for about....2 hours?...no mabey 3......

yea, it just ruined everything i came to love about the original.....

druid311

Wanderer
I quit before AoS's release and Pacific was getting boring because no one went to Fel except the people who wanted to pvp so no more surprize attacks...

i quit bout 8 months into aos maybe 9 cause i started playing UO 4 months before aos and my acct reached first year when i left and it was first foir like a month

sunfiregt

Wanderer
salamando said:
When they said, 'Thank you for participating in our Beta Program, and we hope to see you on the live servers on Monday!'
Actually i remember talking to an administrator, yes i know wow, during beta and we all asked how many games have been sold. He told us the thousands of copies and said, "ill brb i have to answer this call," i knew from then on origin would be stuck up to care about individuals. I then joined roleplaying and never worried about pvp again because we had the gank fest or orcs with me. Still now and forever Vrok Nuk head nob on shadowclan
Then he called us trammies and used a hally of doom and killed us!!! :eek:

Damn. I expected the arrival of Trammel to be more responsible than AoS. Guess I'm not in the minority after all.

I also find it amusing that Irina never played OSI. Consider yourself lucky.

...*wonders how the hell she made all that gold starting as a complete newbie*

Booshnig said:
Go make a female char and sit at the bank for 10 minutes and see how much gold you get.
Back on osi, I used to make a female char. I'd claim to be a complete nub and in need of help. Well it didn't take long until I was co-owned to a house. I made way to much gp that way, haha! After that, I would delete the char and make a new one. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The best was right before I quit. A fully loaded 18x18 in Luna. I made close to 30 mil for that job. :)

Loss of dignity in a digital world < Mass gold and Items. :D