UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

wierd problem

wierd problem

i created a new char named Do The Dew. well anyway i cant seem to get on this char for any reason without it crashing in razor. if i use sallos it works fine and functions fine. all of my other chars work just fine in razor and sallos. just wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong or what this error message means.

The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard

into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

Version: 7.0.5.0

Exception Id: 3221225477

Module: ntdll.dll

Checksum: 2681366612

Re: wierd problem

so i completely reformated my computer and now i get this error instead of the previous. im starting to think it has something to do with the characters creations more so than my pc.

---------------------------
Error
The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard

into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

Version: 7.0.6.5

Module: client.exe

Checksum: 2576937394

OK

seems to be occuring more often now. i made another new char on a different account and its giving me the same error message. are my accounts messed up?

Error

Version: 7.0.6.5

Module: ntdll.dll

Checksum: 400849159

OK

Mara

Knight

Is there any way to select a different razor profile? Or maybe you could go into windows explorer to the razor profiles folder and remove the profile that it is trying to load. Then razor will revert to using the default profile. I generally copy and paste profiles for my new characters, just renaming the file and then selecting it after I have been able to log in on the character, modifying as necessary.

You said you reformatted the whole drive, so I guess reinstalling razor wouldnt be the issue. The other thing that I can think of, is go into the client folder labeled 'Desktop', and delete the problem character's folder(save somewhere else if you wish), and let the client remake the associated files when you log in/out. You can adjust/modify the files like desktop.uos as necessary from other character's working files(except for uo.cfg which you can but is little tricky).

i tried that with both accounts and get the same error messages. whats really odd is they arent always the same error messages just similar.

Mara

Knight

Not sure if you have tried already, but maybe a reinstall of the client, patching up to 6.0.14.3 might be an idea. Maybe there is an issue with character creation, as you were thinking, on the newer clients that razor hasn't been updated for yet. Maybe your characters are gargoyle necromancers or elven to razor or the server, based upon the files generated at creation with the new clients.

uonoobs

Knight

this sound stupid but hey. desperate times.
try logging with sallos and running around with the chars. maybe empty their bags and run to another town, and then try logging in with razor.

*edit ah sorry seems like you've already been doing that. i blame morning coma

Mara;2059472 said:
Not sure if you have tried already, but maybe a reinstall of the client, patching up to 6.0.14.3 might be an idea. Maybe there is an issue with character creation, as you were thinking, on the newer clients that razor hasn't been updated for yet. Maybe your characters are gargoyle necromancers or elven to razor or the server, based upon the files generated at creation with the new clients.

so that is the furthest patch. thats wierd it wont let me go past the point it is showing in the error message. are you positive that thats the current patch. just wanna make sure before i redo it all. thanks for the help. hugely appreciated.

uonoobs;2059477 said:
this sound stupid but hey. desperate times.
try logging with sallos and running around with the chars. maybe empty their bags and run to another town, and then try logging in with razor.

*edit ah sorry seems like you've already been doing that. i blame morning coma

yea i dont think its items or location cause i can log in sallos move the chars around put them in new spots. and when i try with razor it just instantly pops up an error message. that kinda leads me to believe that its more of a client side error.

Which client are you running? 3D (Third Dawn) or 2D? I want to say 3D doesn't work on here but I figured I would ask.

Chances are, one of your files may be corrupt within the UO directory. Does Sallos run off of that directory, or off of another one?

Have you tried re-installing UO?

Mara

Knight

incubusfan1413;2059563 said:
so that is the furthest patch. thats wierd it wont let me go past the point it is showing in the error message. are you positive that thats the current patch. just wanna make sure before i redo it all. thanks for the help. hugely appreciated.

Not sure what the furthest patch is at this point. It looked like from your error related posts you were at Version: 7.0.6.5 of the client. The reason I suggested 6.0.14.3 is because the only downside that I can tell is that RPVs don't work, and it is what quite a few people(including Addicted) seem to use.

I haven't messed with the 7x series of clients in a while, because of all the little issues that kept cropping up that razor/server needed adjustments for.

one last question. is there a way to delete the patches so that all i have to do is reinstall the patch files or will i just have to reinstall uo.

Mara

Knight

Not that I know of. I think the process first downloads a file into the patch folder, and then goes about modifying all necessary files in the UO directories. After you have done the process a couple times, it's not that bad. When you go about cancelling the patch process to stop where you want though, it's a good idea to delete any partial downloads that are left in the patch folder, so that when or if you go to patch further, it doesn't screw things up.

The UO files like desktop.uos, macros2d.txt, uo.cfg. can be saved somewhere and then put back if you wish, assuming they are not a problem. Where they are located depends on the original client installation file. 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\Desktop', or C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX Administrator\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data, are some examples. Each time you log in and out, it will modify the files, so I tend to back up whatever the client seems to be using. That way you don't have to redo your desktop and UO client macros, and uo.cfg(for individual characters) if they are not the problem.

UO Gamers: Hybrid Knowledgebase :: How do I join UOG: Hybrid?

The UO download from this article was pretty far along, so installing and patching wasn't too bad when I was reinstalling. Probably more information than you were looking for. Just trying to make sure you don't run into unnecessary problems.

FacePump

Knight

its doing this to me also. im patched into the 7 smtn.. i can load the guy move around on him but anytime i try to maximize the window.. or expand it to the right by dragging edge it crashes out.. but i can drag my window up/down and left and it dosent crash.. its uber weird and it is just happening on a new characater i made..

and im using razor