UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Windows 7 Help With Ultima

katie

Sorceror
Windows 7 Help With Ultima

I had Windows Vista and had no real problems logging into Hybrid, and setting up and playing.

My computer bit the dust and my new one has Windows 7 .
I am not blaming Windows 7 for the following but can anyone give me a few hints as to what is wrong please.

When I attempt to set macros useing anything on my UO paperdoll as soon as I click apply at the bottom it minimizes my Ultima screen down to a 4 inch square? I cannot get it to go back unless I log out and log back in.
The next thing is I am only able to apply 4 items or macos such as hiding or cast heal or say all follow me. After 4 it refuses to advance when you hit the next button? It will go backwards 4 times and no further useing the previous button.

If it matters I had to download UO and am patched to 7 instead of 6.0.6.4

I have no idea if anything else is wrong as i never got past this problem.
Thank you

Luti-Kriss

Sorceror
Re: Windows 7 Help With Ultima

I think that happens when you change any setting. I know my friend has that issue as well. All you can do is just set everything up right and log in again.

KoNNaN

Knight

katie;1983395 said:
When I attempt to set macros useing anything on my UO paperdoll as soon as I click apply at the bottom it minimizes my Ultima screen down to a 4 inch square? I cannot get it to go back unless I log out and log back in.

This is because of your client version. For this reason I use 6.0.6.1

katie;1983395 said:
The next thing is I am only able to apply 4 items or macos such as hiding or cast heal or say all follow me. After 4 it refuses to advance when you hit the next button? It will go backwards 4 times and no further useing the previous button.

Have you tried clicking add?

With a new comp on the way, I am starting to regret Windows7...

Konnan, your use of the client # 6.0.6.1 has no issues in terms of playing UO? Please let me know when you get a chance.

bk0811

Knight

I use windows 7 as well, and I have the problem where if I edit something in options and hit apply, my screen will shrink down to a 4 inch square thus forcing me to relog in. As far as setting my hotkeys/macros I do that all in razor so no problem there

katie

Sorceror

KoNNaN;1983870 said:
This is because of your client version. For this reason I use 6.0.6.1

Have you tried clicking add?

Thank you for all your responses.
Konnan you have me confused. Under Shard News there is a post telling us we all must update to this new patch, which i did. So are you telling me that I can ignore the update and reload and still continue to play on Hybrid only updateing to 6.0.6.1 ?

I just got home so I am going to try logging in and setting up macros and such. I will keep trying different things. Thank you again everyone.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

They say that they will shortly add something that will require the new version to work.

I believe as of now, it may not be an issue, but it will eventually be.

The resize window and off centered text can be annoying, but t's handleable as far as I'm concerned.

KoNNaN

Knight

katie;1984054 said:
Thank you for all your responses.
Konnan you have me confused. Under Shard News there is a post telling us we all must update to this new patch, which i did. So are you telling me that I can ignore the update and reload and still continue to play on Hybrid only updateing to 6.0.6.1 ?

I just got home so I am going to try logging in and setting up macros and such. I will keep trying different things. Thank you again everyone.

Yes, as of now 6.0.6.1 is working perfectly for me. I suspect in the future I will have to patch, but until then I will use this version. I have been told anything after that version will have the options shrinking the screen bug.

Aurorix

Wanderer

My understand was that the game defaulted back to whatever game-size window you have set IN game (800x800 or 1024x768) anytime you apply something to the IN game options. So if you have you're game screen forced to 1024x768 in razor like me, anytime you chance something in you're options it will go back to 800x600.

awbs

Knight

Aurorix;1984274 said:
My understand was that the game defaulted back to whatever game-size window you have set IN game (800x800 or 1024x768) anytime you apply something to the IN game options. So if you have you're game screen forced to 1024x768 in razor like me, anytime you chance something in you're options it will go back to 800x600.

Again, this only happens with clients post 6.0.6.1 no matter what your operating system is.

And to OP, you must click add to make a new macro, there isnt always a blank one there for you to click next to go to.

Ive used UO in windows 7 and haven't had a problem.