UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

windows 7 x64 and razor

amel

Wanderer
windows 7 x64 and razor

I patched to Version 6.0.6.2, then clicked cancel when it tried to download 6.0.6.3 as I assume was intended.

I get this intense error message when I try to start UO with razor. I followed the instructions on UO Gamers: Hybrid Knowledgebase :: How do I join UOG: Hybrid? precisely except for the point that .net framework 2.0 is already a part of windows 7. Razor crashes after I click Okay at "Stage 3".

I use

the error messaage is
Code:
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
   at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
   at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
   at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

Do I stand any chance to fix this ? Any comments would be appreciated.

Re: windows 7 x64 and razor

just download and install the latest .net again.

Don't know that it will help... but can't think of anything else that would cause problems, I am using win 7 x64 & razor right now with no problems

Dreakon

Wanderer

amel;2000886 said:
I patched to Version 6.0.6.2, then clicked cancel when it tried to download 6.0.6.3 as I assume was intended.

I get this intense error message when I try to start UO with razor. I followed the instructions on UO Gamers: Hybrid Knowledgebase :: How do I join UOG: Hybrid? precisely except for the point that .net framework 2.0 is already a part of windows 7. Razor crashes after I click Okay at "Stage 3".

I use

the error messaage is
Code:
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
   at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
   at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
   at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

Do I stand any chance to fix this ? Any comments would be appreciated.
I'm pretty sure you need to update into version 7 now (as in 7.0.x.x), that part of the guide is a little outdated. I usually just patch to the latest and everything works fine.

Not sure if that's causing your problem, but it'd be a good place to start. It's also advised you run client.exe and razor.exe (in their respective folders) in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. Not doing this never caused the game to not work for me, but it fixed up some other annoying problems.

I only have Windows 7 32-bit though. Good luck. :)

amel

Wanderer

Vicktor Vauhn;2000888 said:
just download and install the latest .net again.

Don't know that it will help... but can't think of anything else that would cause problems, I am using win 7 x64 & razor right now with no problems

The installer for x64 says it is already part of the operating system, and therefore will refuse to install. But thank you for the effort and the info that it is possible.

Dreakon;2000890 said:
I'm pretty sure you need to update into version 7 now (as in 7.0.x.x), that part of the guide is a little outdated. I usually just patch to the latest and everything works fine.

Not sure if that's causing your problem, but it'd be a good place to start. It's also advised you run client.exe and razor.exe (in their respective folders) in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. Not doing this never caused the game to not work for me, but it fixed up some other annoying problems.

I only have Windows 7 32-bit though. Good luck. :)

This would be critical indeed, I will try this if it finishes patching before I sleep :) Thank you

Helicoil

Wanderer

I'm having problems. None of my screen shots save. I can see them in razor, open them in windows image viewer, but when I click go to file location it's empty. In my macros file, only half the macros are there, the one's I've made before upgrading to win7. Same with profiles, they're the old one. I do a search and can't find anything, where is razor saving my macros, screen shots, profiles? The only time it works is when I run razor as Admin, then it doesn't have the new macros, hotkeys, screen shots I've made. I had to change the screen shot directory to c:\razor screenshots in order to access any NEW ones I take. But my macros profiles hotkeys remain ghosts. :(

Addicted

Disciple

They are there, go to the folder and up top click compatibility files. It will show all your stuff.