UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

without razor

square_wave

Wanderer
without razor

how to play without razor or any other loader/assister? i'm just having a few graphic lags and don't know if it is my connection (ping 200 to hybrid), or new client (i play fine with 2.0.3 on sphere shards), or razor.
i know uo-rice is used to remove encryption but i can't find uo-rice version that supports 6.x client

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Re: without razor

If ConnectUO or UOGateway are still around, those might work.

The lag is most likely from customized housing, though.

Symptom

Wanderer

Alot of things make lag. Alot of items, housing, mobs, etc. What type of connection are you using?? What kind of processor is in your PC??

square_wave

Wanderer

100mbit lan but only 128kbit for external network (and 512kbit at night)
cpu athlon xp 1600+

i checked a sphere shard that uses new client without razor and it was smooth as old. probably not client's lag.
of course that shard was not so populated like hybrid. but divinity and demise lags too.
hmm... maybe it's runuo's lag? :)
and i still suspect razor because it is written in .net
i also tried playuo and it was slow as hell, hanging for 0.5-1 seconds when new player is approaching.

zoo york

Knight

I don't think it's Razor. I was playing on a pentium m 1.3 laptop a while back, which is slower than your xp1600, and there wasn't any lag really. Only time I noticed any slowdown was when there were tons of people on the screen, such as at the bank on a Saturday night, and that was most likely the junk onboard intel graphics.