UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

without razor?

workless

Wanderer
without razor?

I'm running on linux/wine, razor is bugged and it doesn't seems to respect .net threading rules and I'm running on a dual core so razor won't work, no matter how much i try...is there any way to run uo without razor? some patch for the client? i tried to google a little but i didn't found any useful apart a name: 'uorice' which i can't find it anywhere. right now when i try to login it keeps telling me "verifying account...", the client connects to the server but the server doesn't reply, just ACK the client packets... (using 6.0.6.2) thanks

Re: without razor?

razor works fine under wine, even on dual core processors. hop in IRC and you'll find someone who can help you.

workless

Wanderer

Suil Ban;2016366 said:
razor works fine under wine, even on dual core processors. hop in IRC and you'll find someone who can help you.
it start fine, but when it launch the client it always crash

workless

Wanderer

omg, i found a DIRTY workaround, don't ask me why it's working, but it does:
install the old 1.0 razor, then start updater.exe (in razor directory), at the end of the update it will launch razor, this one will work *_* again, don't ask me why ( i hate this kind of things)... if you start razor.exe it will crash again, you need to use updater.exe every time
(it's surely some kind of overflow/race condition)
ps: i'm still looking for a better solution

workless

Wanderer

workless;2016380 said:
omg, i found a DIRTY workaround, don't ask me why it's working, but it does:
install the old 1.0 razor, then start updater.exe (in razor directory), at the end of the update it will launch razor, this one will work *_* again, don't ask me why ( i hate this kind of things)... if you start razor.exe it will crash again, you need to use updater.exe every time
(it's surely some kind of overflow/race condition)
ps: i'm still looking for a better solution
a less ugly workaround: start razor.exe from a wine program, like:
> wineconsole Razor.exe