UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Working Discordance

UOHaloran

Sorceror
Working Discordance

I've used search here and hit Google as much as I could.

I'm looking for a comprehensive list of which creatures to discord and when.

I've seen a few posts that say Pixies to ~50. I'm at 60 and I don't get any gains and always fail on the attempt. The next step was supposedly Serpentine Dragons, and I tried for ~15 minutes and never got a single gain.

Some posts say to alt+left click a creature to follow it and use a Discordance macro. This works, except I don't get any gains and when the discord is successful you have to actually lose line of sight to break the effect. I'm assuming this was a method used a long time ago? However, the most recent post I found using the follow method was April of this year.

So, besides a decent list of where to go at what skill level - are there any other tips or secrets I'm missing?

edit: Also to note, I'm at 100 Musicianship and using NPC bought instruments (tambourine to be exact).

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
Re: Working Discordance

Drop music to a lower level, you do want the possibility to fail your attempts more often, so having gm music makes little sense, since it gives you a discordance bonus. At 60 you should be able to gain fairly well off from polar bears and then later on from white wolves.

UOHaloran

Sorceror

Hmm, thanks. How do I go about lowering my Musicianship?

I'm beginning to think that I need to scrap this character all together now. I still have taming to do. :(

edit: Also, I thought the bonus from Musicianship to Discordance only applied for anything above 100? I am near positive this is how it worked on OSI - is that not the case here?

edit2: Okay, so maybe the server was playing tricks on me. I logged back in just recently to try on some more gains and I'm doing very well on Pixies. What would be my next step after these assuming they take me to 75ish? Unicorns are also proving to be very good for gains. I guess I was just in a little bit of a rut - seems the gears are starting to rotate once again.

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror

If it's a tamer you are creating you are either of a very sadomasochistic nature, or for some wicked reason you want to disco the animals you intend to tame.

Start a character with 50 taming and 50 in something but animal lore, lock anything but taming from rising, go tame stuff until you get to 115 or something, then start to train the rest of the skills. This little information is only usable if you want to raise taming fast and easy.

UOHaloran

Sorceror

I was under the impression that Discordance was a nice skill to have for tamers?

Am I looking at a much longer and grueling process if I decide to do taming after I have ~450 total skills?

Also, is there somewhere that details out exactly how much faster skill gains are at certain total skill thresholds?

Ruiz

Sorceror

My discordace raised damn fast... i havnt had any trouble with it...

I used dark wisps from 50 and up, then when the gains slowed down, i used pixies untill GM. After that i used serpentine dragon untill 115.

On dark wisps and pixes just alt+click and keep doing it on the same target, even if its allready discorded you will get gains out of it.

On serpentine dragons i sit there and used a target by type macro and it raised pretty fast aswell.

Qaotl

Sorceror

UOHaloran;678715 said:
I was under the impression that Discordance was a nice skill to have for tamers?

Am I looking at a much longer and grueling process if I decide to do taming after I have ~450 total skills?

Also, is there somewhere that details out exactly how much faster skill gains are at certain total skill thresholds?

Discord is quite good once you're all set up with a good pet and such. But you're better off training it later on as taming is a much more difficult skill to raise.

All skills are harder to raise the more total skills you have, particularly at 700. Trust me, I foolishly leveled peace and music before I had finished off taming and it took weeks where other people can do it in a couple of days. Also don't bother leveling taming past 105 (106 if you really want to bond a firesteed).

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

This:

Qaotl;682043 said:
Discord is quite good once you're all set up with a good pet and such. But you're better off training it later on as taming is a much more difficult skill to raise.

Also, the easiest and quickest way to raise discord is to discord a ridable pet, get on them, get off, and discord them again. When you mount, it removes the discord, and you don't have to wait for the timer.

Got 115 Discord in a couple of hours.

You just need to animal lore the pet you have, and if it's barding difficulty is 10-20 higher then your skill, you're good to go.

If I remember correctly, I did Horse, untrained nightmare, trained nightmare, untrained Hiryu, then trained Hiryu

UOHaloran

Sorceror

Orion Lighter;682909 said:
Also, the easiest and quickest way to raise discord is to discord a ridable pet, get on them, get off, and discord them again. When you mount, it removes the discord, and you don't have to wait for the timer.

Oh my God.

Awesome. Thanks for the updates. I've since raised my taming to ~80 but I've had him on the back burner for a while. I'm eager to get him going again, so this Discord trick will be excellent for me after I finish Taming/Lore.

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

It's the perfect built-in game mechanic to encourage you to do your taming first.

Don't forget to keep Animal Lore locked at zero until you finish your taming... you want to fail and gain rather then succeed and gain. If you succeed, you have to find another animal, whilst if you fail, you just keep going on the same one.

UOHaloran

Sorceror

Yeah, I just recently got a Soulstone as well for my veteran reward and I've stripped all skills down to just the 63.1 from taming.

I'm using my second account as my taxi cab until I get taming to 100.