UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Would you like to see spell damages balanced (mostly made less)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrag123

Wanderer
Re: Would you like to see spell damage improved?

dont make spell damage higher.

dexxers arent a problem at all.

its ok like it is.

Sammich

Wanderer

Dexxers usually prove a bigger problem to me then mages. Usually because all i have is exceptional armor. So I would say yes, beef it up a little bit. A perfect war hammer does about 40 damge per hit and almost 50 with a crusher blow. Thats like flamestrikes back to back, and with 95 dex they'll get there next hit off way before you get a chance to stop and cast a spell

all this thread sounds liike is a bunch of complaining about having to fight dexxers and stop to cast spells...bottom line for all these polls is for people to learn how to play the game...maybe concentrate on a in game pvp tutorial rather then all these drastic changes for the cry babies.

a giant douche said:
What armor do you suggest? Cuz if your a mage,wearing even a robe seems to slow you down immensly on your meditation,even though alot of ppl refert to leather as "Mage Armor".So what kind do u use?
Leather. There's no meditation penalty while wearing leather armor unless it's studded. Helmet included, though you can only wear a leather cap or Orc Helm if you don't want a penalty.

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

MAybe the polls should be for the pvpers on the shard, and not the victims. <tear> You babies got fast recall, go back to abusing it if you dont like better pvp spell damage.

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Well, I agree really with everyone, But it comes down to Resist. As far as lowering stats or what not, i say leave it the same. The only problem i see is really people just get GM REsist just inorder to stay alive at the bare minimum. Gm Resist should be more of a novelty against mages then a Needed skill to survive.

My Answer:
Re-evaluate the way Resist defends against spells. This would require some gameplay testing and rightfully so. Maybe the ability to actually "Resist" a spell should be implemented lol. Since this rarely happens. Maybe at GM resist someone resisted my E-Bolt !@#!@ omg now what do i do? lol I do pvp on mage and hybrid only cause i havent taken the time yet to make a dexxer. So i'm speaking from a mage killer point of view.

*Make Resist more Effective or provide additional bonuses at GM resists Status*

I think spell damage should stay how it is...killing people in 3 spells is good enough for me...If it was reduced too much it would be unfair on mages, If it was made too high it would be too unfare on dexxers
My point.

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

Wow mages should be used to their full potential. Casting a few half-assed spells to get an easy kill is as slow minded as being a dexer. You might as well go equip an axe and kill mages in 2 hits if you dont want skill in pvp here.

Kyuss-hybrid

Wanderer

I think mage healing should be lowered if anything :\

It's tough to kill a mage running around spamming In Mani for only 4 mana, and G heal is pretty quick too.. 40hp+..

Spell damage... improved!? How? Who? Why?

Why would this happen? Wow... (of course the pure mages will vote this in).

I think there should be a new skill that allows the player to decide between damage and speed. More damage, longer casting time. Less damage, faster casting time. Or not. Thats flawed too.

But... not just an increase in spell damage! If so, increase aid timers.

<===>

Kyuss said:
I think mage healing should be lowered if anything :\

It's tough to kill a mage running around spamming In Mani for only 4 mana, and G heal is pretty quick too.. 40hp+..

Thats pretty dumb, we have to STOP to do those heals where, if you are a dexxer (obviously you are) you can hit us for like 20-30-40-50 depending on your weapon maybe even poison. So in such a case mini heal is useless practically.

Kyuss-hybrid

Wanderer

Pius Valentine said:
Thats pretty dumb, we have to STOP to do those heals where, if you are a dexxer (obviously you are) you can hit us for like 20-30-40-50 depending on your weapon maybe even poison. So in such a case mini heal is useless practically.

How long do you have to stop to get a mini-heal in? Mages just run around and spam it until their hp is up, or run a bit longer to get a gheal in. It's hard to keep up with someone whos running unless you have really good ping, since they have the initiative

And fyi im a mage/macer. the only dexxers that can drop me are those that can para me (aka fencers). Then again my ping is kinda shit 150-200+, so I may have a bias towards this

NewbieHerb

Wanderer

Mages can also use pots and 90% of them do, so trying to use a pot excuse is pointless. Not to mention the hp gained back on a GH is ridiclous. Takes ten seconds and many many times it has only been good for 10hp, whoopity fuckin doo.

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

NewbieHerb said:
Mages can also use pots and 90% of them do, so trying to use a pot excuse is pointless. Not to mention the hp gained back on a GH is ridiclous. Takes ten seconds and many many times it has only been good for 10hp, whoopity fuckin doo.

wow you are a newbie... dont just say "oh mages use pots". Anyone who has a pvp char should have at least 5 each potion on them.. discluding str/dex. Warriors take ten secs to heal, granted... But warriors can disrupt a mage from casting gheal.. especially since stupid mounts are available.

Anyone who pvps on this shard knows that 85% of the "pvp" here involves chasing. So learn to chase to learn to run, either way you SHOULD learn.

DrVanq

Sorceror

personally i think the overall issue is that damage in general is too high, fencers para too much, jackers conc too much and i havnt had enough experience of being maced to say.

IMHO lower ALL damages.

rickster269

Wanderer

If anything I think that they should be lowered. or if we do raise it then we should also raise the HP of physical weapons too. Its pretty sad when a two hit combo from any mage can kill a character with 107HP. Also, I think its sad that it takes so long for an archer to fire an arrow/bolt and the damage is horribly low when one does strike. I have never liked being a mage and enjoy using physical weapons, and I believe we should raise these elements up in the game too. Everybody wants to be a mage because its the only way to get by in this game. Don't get me wrong I love this shard and wouldn't play on any other but its the only flaw I see.

Jismo

Wanderer

rickster269 said:
If anything I think that they should be lowered. or if we do raise it then we should also raise the HP of physical weapons too. Its pretty sad when a two hit combo from any mage can kill a character with 107HP. Also, I think its sad that it takes so long for an archer to fire an arrow/bolt and the damage is horribly low when one does strike. I have never liked being a mage and enjoy using physical weapons, and I believe we should raise these elements up in the game too. Everybody wants to be a mage because its the only way to get by in this game. Don't get me wrong I love this shard and wouldn't play on any other but its the only flaw I see.

tbh you don't know what you're talking about. Secondly this poll was asking if we should LOWER spell damage. Thirdly it's already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.