UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Xmen Movies...

lukin69

Knight
Warning: this thread is solely for ranting about the travesty that is the xmen movies. If you liked them, please dont post or I will eat your soul.

Am I the only one christallangry about this nonsense? I just read about ANOTHER wolverine movie, xmen 4 and 5 and a deadpool movie.

They have botched this shit up so bad that it barely even resembles the 30+ years of amazing story lines and characters created by the minds at marvel. If i were Stan Lee I'd be angry and ashamed, cutting all ties with the movie studios and directors involved, take my billions of dollars and find myself an amazing director, recast and do it right. Reboot the movies all together, AND FOLLOW THE STORY LINE FROM DAY ONE. Its just ridiculous. Every movie that comes out, contradicts a previous movie, ruins characters (AKA DEADPOOL! SERIOUSLY? THE MERC WITH A MOUTH WITHOUT A MOUTH?) and takes the same liberties with the story line that Obama takes with the US economy. What a crock of shit.

What about the travesty that was xmen: the last stand? What a steaming pile of shit that was. Once again, not following the story. Seriously, with an amazing group of villians (The brotherhood of EVIL mutants), that story could have been amazing. It was supposed to be about the phoenix creating worldwide devastation and the xmen trying to save jean and thwart magneto...not the pile of shit that we got. The original phoenix story was amazing....

Seriously if they want to create offshoot films, (AKA wolverine origins, which was a TRAVESTY and a defilement of the weapon x storyline), they could use one of the DOZENS of stories written involving those characters. Theres a pretty amazing comic called Hearts of Darkness, where wolverine the punisher and ghostrider team up to thwart satan (mephisto), would make a badass movie, especially with hugh jackman, thomas jane and nic cage playing their respective roles. Why not? Why ruin the main story line with contradiction after contradiction instead of taking a GREAT story and turning it into a GREAT film, or series of films? No, here's an idea, lets shit all over the greatest comic of all time by creating shitty movies with terrible plots and story lines that are nothing like what the author intended. Lets take some of the most fleshed out and well rounded fictional characters ever created, and loosley base a story around them, forget about anything thats already been written about those characters and recreate them shallowly and quickly. That sounds like a good idea to me!

Look at the JUSTICE they are giving to the avengers story line! One character at a time, fleshed out in film perfectly, to eventually culminate into the avengers. I have no qualms at all about any of these films, they were all pretty decent. Iron man 1 and 2 were awesome, the incredible hulk was amazing, thor kinda sucked but whatever, captain america was ok, but they WORK. It fills out the story without contradiction.

Same for the fantastic four, though they took some liberties with the story and the films kinda sucked, they were still decent and didnt create an air of "WTF is going on here?!?".

XMEN: first class was ok, it introduced some great characters, linked in with the original three films decently, but shit all over wolverine origins. STOP IT. Why? Why you do dis?

I wont mention spiderman, because, well...fuck spiderman. They killed off the sinister six (the main members..). Dumb.

Long story short, those movies should have been epic, Lord of the Rings style epic, Star Wars style epic. But they are all shit.

just had to rant....and show my nerd side for a sec.

VVV Is'nt THIS the movie you wanted to see? VVV​

Fuck all the movies, justread the comics, and watch xmen the animated series. I've yetto let theshit tier movies piss all over my childhood

Mister Dank

Knight
yup, watch the animated series from the 90's and ignore like the last 6+ episodes (they switched animators, etc and it turned to shit)

The animated series from the 90's is fuckin badass.

lukin69

Knight
The animated series was pretty damn good, I'll give you that. Just pisses me off how great these movies COULD have, SHOULD have been :(

What really gets me, is that they have absolutely no competion on movies like this. I mean, sure there are some DC comics films here there, batman, green lantern...but nothing that could be considered competition for a story of this magnitude. They could have taken their time, done it right and it would have been amazing. instead, they throw some shit on a plate and call it xmen. I mean look at the cast they had! Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Rebecca Romijn, Famke Janssen, Ian Mckellan...

lukin69

Knight
I was just thinking about how how horribly they botched the villians as well...not just in appearance, but in story line/back story as well.

Juggernaut fail. Plus, they seem to totally forget the fact that juggernaut is not a mutant. and there is a GIGANTIC backstory with this guy, who is actually Xaviers stepbrother, which they also fail to mention, despite the vast importance, and decide to just kill him off. Dumbasses.

magneto fail.

Sabertooth is one of the better ones, but once again, lets take a main storyline character, dumb him down to a miniscule role and kill him off. Stupid.

Mystique was probably the BEST and most accurate character. Though im not sure whats up with all the scales.

Lady deathstrike fail.

Toad...they actually improved on lol. This peice of shit had more screen time most other villians. WHY?

Quicksilver i believe was missing entirley...may have had a small roll.

heres a huge list of badasses that COULD have been there...and many on the list SHOULD have been there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brotherhood_of_Mutants_members

lukin69

Knight
Yet another gigantic fail from the movies: The Nightcrawler, what a badass!

What a waste of a fucking awesome character. I did like the makeup effects, etc. But they ruined this guy.

And they didnt even bring him back in part 3, one of the main members of the xmen, completely missing. Fail.