UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Your PC Specs, and your client :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Boy

Wanderer
Your PC Specs, and your client :)

Well, I just want to do a survey on people around the shard on what kind of computer they have and what client they run.

Heres mine

1.6 GHZ
512 DDR SDRam
Nvidia TNT2 Model 64, 32mbit
Running on Cable Modem
Using 2d Client (But once I get a better video card and atleast 1GB DDR Ram, I will be using KUOC, because atm it hogs up too much of my memory and my whole computer is lagged up)

It is an HP Pavilion 750n
P.S. I was wondering if anyone here who has extensive knowledge on computer to help me decide what type of RAM and Video Card can fit in my computer. All i know is that it's maximum is 2GB of ram. Does it matter what company the RAM is made of? etc.... If you could like go to ebay and find me good RAM, and Video Cards for a decent amount of money I would appreciate it. I'm looking for atleast 1GB of Ram and atleast 128mb Video Card so I can play KUOC perfectly. ty

oker89

Wanderer
Ello man, Ill tell ya what my comp that I am getting in a month has

AMD 64 +3700
1024 Kingston Hyper x
ATI 9800 256 Pro
That is the basics of it aka its going to roxxor

mattfoley

Sorceror
BraveLungs said:
Well, I just want to do a survey on people around the shard on what kind of computer they have and what client they run.

Heres mine

1.6 GHZ
512 DDR SDRam
Nvidia TNT2 Model 64, 32mbit
Running on Cable Modem
Using 2d Client (But once I get a better video card and atleast 1GB DDR Ram, I will be using KUOC, because atm it hogs up too much of my memory and my whole computer is lagged up)

It is an HP Pavilion 750n
P.S. I was wondering if anyone here who has extensive knowledge on computer to help me decide what type of RAM and Video Card can fit in my computer. All i know is that it's maximum is 2GB of ram. Does it matter what company the RAM is made of? etc.... If you could like go to ebay and find me good RAM, and Video Cards for a decent amount of money I would appreciate it. I'm looking for atleast 1GB of Ram and atleast 128mb Video Card so I can play KUOC perfectly. ty

there is something with the client that makes it hog memory, so no matter what you run u will have to kill Client.exe in task manager. If you run the client for more than 5 seconds that is. Krrios said he would have to rewrite the entire program to fix this problem.

1.8 amd
768 DDR
Geforce 4 ti 4400

gonna hold off till next summer to upgrade though :)

Danny Boy

Wanderer
well If i do close client.exe when KUOC is running, wouldn't that close KUOC? - I mean I like the client and want to play it, somehow lots of people I've talked to play it and I've been talking on forums so I believe that better computers, even with the memory leakage, can handle and play it properly. so far the jist of it is that u need atleast 1gb ddr memory, and a good video card, 128mb is fine. Unless im wrong

mattfoley

Sorceror
BraveLungs said:
well If i do close client.exe when KUOC is running, wouldn't that close KUOC? - I mean I like the client and want to play it, somehow lots of people I've talked to play it and I've been talking on forums so I believe that better computers, even with the memory leakage, can handle and play it properly. so far the jist of it is that u need atleast 1gb ddr memory, and a good video card, 128mb is fine. Unless im wrong

i use it and it works fine for the most part until its time to close the client then i have to kill it manually in task manager. Seems that way for a lot of people, and even Harry who just got a new computer has the same problem. So its just an issue of it not closin properly, within the program.

zarag

Wanderer
x286
windows 3.1
Not sure the graphics card, but pretty sure it has almost 4mb of memory
32 MB RAM
2400 Modem with AOL connection
13 inch monitor, black and white

This system rocks. It kind of locks up on me when I first type my login name, and then I have to use my imagination mostly, but I bet this is a cool game you know.

zarag said:
x286
windows 3.1
Not sure the graphics card, but pretty sure it has almost 4mb of memory
32 MB RAM
2400 Modem with AOL connection
13 inch monitor, black and white

This system rocks. It kind of locks up on me when I first type my login name, and then I have to use my imagination mostly, but I bet this is a cool game you know.
286 with 32mb of ram, that's badass.

Vinyard

Wanderer
duel pent 4 3.8 gig ht processors
512 ddr 400 ram (soon to be 4 gigs)
radeon 9800 256mb video card
do i really need to go on...

strtrk

Wanderer
1.5 ghz athalon
333mhz bus
1.5 gig ddr ram
radeon 9600 128mb
75 ping average :(

on kuoc or osi client I have yet to find someone who runs faster than me. My processor and mobo are far from top of the line. But after a while performance doesnt matter for uo. you top out.

ASUS p4p 800 deluxe motherboard
Geil Ultra Platinum pc4000 (512meg) running at 1:1
2.8e P4 (HT) (prescott core) 800Mhz FSBOverclocked to 4.012
dual 100Gig SCSI ultra320's / Dual WD raptor 36.4gig S-ATA (Raid-0)
Antec True Power 550 power supply
Vastec/ Panaflo fans
ThermalTake spark p7+ cpu cooler
swiftech northbridge cooler
Asus FX5900 128meg
modded Raidmax 868 Scorpio case
oh and 2 kicker comp VR DVC 2Ohm 10's under the desk suckin on a TRUE 1600Watts RMS

and thats my small computer.... the big one is in a lian li and uses polarflo waterblocks... but i dont play uo on it

excuse the obvious...but i overclock HARD and im only running at 38C now

Danny Boy

Wanderer
ganjastarr your speaking a completely different language to me when you say your computer specs =/ lol i need to learn comps bad and get new one! without goin to a retail store n vastin money like on my other 2 comps which obviously u guys cudve gotten, or atleast the smart ones, cudve gotten for like 1.5k for both? i bought both for 10k... thankyou i am an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.