UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Your Reputation on Hybrid

Your Reputation on Hybrid

I just wanted to make a thread outlining the current state of what it seems everyone's concern is about here on hybrid. People have stopped caring about the most important thing--having fun playing UO--and they have shifted their focus to building a "reputation" here on UOG. Everybody wants to be a legend. Most people who pursue this do it by either: getting extremely rich and flaunting their wealth or by trash talking after supposedly "owning" somebody during a fight. What confuses me about this so much is the fact that it shouldn't matter whatsoever who is who, and who is a "no namer," because I see this name being thrown around quite a bit. Is being good at a video game really that praiseworthy?

If you think about it for a moment, it really is quite sad that people are so infatuated with their "gamer-self." I really have no idea if this reflects on their true personality as I have not met a single person that plays here on hybrid in real life. I am hoping that it does not.

Just the other day, after dueling someone and getting beaten and admittingly telling him he is good and much better than me I get this reply: "I know that. Don't you know who I am? I'm (name undisclosed). You haven't heard of me? Hey (name undisclosed) [speaking to one of his friends in ventrilo as he had to leave], show him my castle and all of the rares I have in it." He was almost offended when I told him "I've never heard of you before," but calmed down when I explained to him that I really don't get involved in the UOG social scene and could really care less about who you are or what you've done while you play this game.

Bottomline: is pressing buttons and clicking a mouse really worth this much appraise? Should people really be concerned about being "known" more than, what it seems, playing the game itself? I have found this to be worse as I am factioning more and more. There are some very elitest people self-obsessed with maintaining not a respectable reputation--a fearful one,

Re: Your Reputation on Hybrid

Note I made another thread about this. I have no idea how it happened. I only hit the post button once.

Doctor Jones;1507962 said:
somehow I'm displaying 5 of these. at least this is how it appears to me. if a mod could please move all replies to one of them and delete the rest, i'd appreciate it, thanks.

I think when I edited it each time, it posted a brand new one. Don't know why.

edit: I did not hit post 5 times, so I have no idea how this happened.