UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Zodiak returns e. mares for the third time.

lordmatt

Sorceror
Zodiak returns e. mares for the third time.

So myself, Wanka, and some -X- guild members killed and stole Revelation's mares.

A while later, after his many failed attempts, someone named "saint" from e. comes paging us in vent saying our blockage is illegal, and we need to move it one step forward to be legal.

Sensing a trap, I decided to RPV the situation.
You can see that I track, see "of the Trammies" (Revelations) outside, we move the mares a step forward... and BAM! Insta help-stuck. (I know for a cold, hard, definate fact that Revelations had NO HELP STUCKS left, because he was sitting on top of the mares for more than 20 minutes without using them. obv that he had none, common sense says so).

Now in case you don't know the game mechanics, the mare had to be within x amount of steps to be able to follow when Revelations left the area via stuck/recall/gate etc. So if he had ressed and come back, he would have been able to recall with the mares. Therefore our spot was perfectly legal, once we had moved it forward. (Just an FYI, he had magically disappeared from tracking once from his present spot and reappeared about 10 seconds later, when the mares had been one step too far back. The tracking arrow hadn't moved, but he disappeared, I retracked and he wasn't there. By the time I hit the next track, he was in the exact same spot again. Zodiak was trying to [stuck him and couldn't, that's why this "saint" got in vent and paged us telling us we HAD to move it forward a step to be legal).

Just as an FYI, I know it was Zodiak because he showed up right after I said I RPV'd the whole deal, told me it was legal and fine and disappeared. He had also spoken with Wanka inside the house.

This isn't the first time he's done this, though I didn't have RPV running the other two times. Always e. mares, always Zodiak moving them.

Without further ado, the video:
http://uomovies.com/view.pl?_Search=lordmatt

Edit:the tracking arrow isn't showing up in the video, Rev is standing on the tile west of the steps, in front of me.

Re: Zodiak returns e. mares for the third time.

What prescott said.

Regardless, you have to be aware that a few e. members are in staff. Wouldnt you do the same for your pets?

Stevian

Wanderer

Still seems unfair. Im very, VERY, extremely against boating any type of pet, even though...Revelation does seem to deserve it, im still against it. But staff members interfering on player characters isn't very ethical. I would call it foulplay and ask Ryan if he could set boundaries on his staff from doing that. Especially if you know for a fact his help stuck were done for. I looked in the landfill and saw some odd topics related to a game mod, so I can no longer say its impossible. Maybe a higher up will see it and take action, best of luck.

Even though your both morally wrong...I don't know who's side to take. I guess i'll take yours since your not actually breaking game rules boating mares. ^_^;

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

Bobby McPrescott said:
Pets are returned if players know the location. Is it so hard to understand that?
ONLY If the player cannot return the mares themselves, which he could so the staff had no place [stucking them out.
And no Pro we wouldn't, we don't get our shit boated because we aren't stupid, and we are the last to page or call on staff help if we know a "friend" is on a staff account, I think it's pathetic that staff have player affiliation in any way.
It's a habit of this particular CNS and it needs to be stopped because it's getting ridiculous.

Fain

Sorceror

Wanka said:
ONLY If the player cannot return the mares themselves

Not true.

if the owner of the pet can get to the same screen as the pet and it is impossible to go any further (locked in a house), we will have a GM move the pet to the owner
if the pet is boated and there is no admin on, they're shit out of luck unless they can get to the same screen as the pet in which case a GM can move the pet to the owner
in either of the above cases, if there are no GMs on, a counselor may move the player to the pet, tell the player to 'all follow' and [stuck the two

Straight from the horse's mouth.

I can name drop all of the staff that are/were affiliated with -x- so you won't sound as hypocritical. All the person who's pet is being lured needs to know is the boaters name. Then staff can just as easily locate their pet and tele them to it.

*edit
Fain beat me to it.

lordmatt

Sorceror

If that was the actual case, Zodiak wouldn't have come in vent and persuaded us to move the mares forward. Don't believe you. Sorry.

Fain said:
if the owner of the pet can get to the same screen as the pet and it is impossible to go any further (locked in a house), we will have a GM move the pet to the owner
if the pet is boated and there is no admin on, they're shit out of luck unless they can get to the same screen as the pet in which case a GM can move the pet to the owner
in either of the above cases, if there are no GMs on, a counselor may move the player to the pet, tell the player to 'all follow' and [stuck the two

Someone should sticky that so we don't get useless threads like this.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

No we discussed this with an actual staff member higher up in the chain and if the player can manually retrieve the pet the staff should not interact, he could get close enough to retrieve his pet so the staff didn't need to interact.
If it was a one off maybe I could see the arguement but Zodiak has been caught returning pets from worse situations than this when he really shouldn't have.

Fain said:
Not true.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

And considering thats not what happened at all. I had Rev. on tracking all the time he was around our guild house and PlayUO tells you how many tiles and in what direction (OMG HACKS!) and about 5-10 seconds after we let the mares move forward a step he disappared off my tracking. Usually when you use help stuck, you atleast have to wait 1 - 2 minutes.

Maybe he got lucky with a short timer or maybe someone helped him out? We'll have to wait until a Admin. can review the logs and what not.

R

Ryan

Email abuse with a link to this thread is no proper and the email will be ignored.