UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A New Beginning

Lord_Zero

Sorceror
A New Beginning

Today is a new beginning for me.
After all those years spent with the animals in the stables and in the local Zoo,
I'm now starting to overcome the fear of the blue void near my home town Moonglow.
As much as I love the animals and my fishing pole, I hate all things magic.
Sadly, a lot of the people in Moonglow these days are either mages or are seeking
to become one. They love to murmur those loathsome words, thus harming other humans,
animals and even themselves. And they all do that of greed, as if all the world's beauty
is in those gold coins, ringing in their pouches.
My brother.. he was a mage. One day I found him half-burned, half-cut in one valley.
His spellbook was next to his corpse and his notes read 'the fire elemental ritual'
I never dared to touch a spellbook again unless armed with some fire-brand in my hand,
ready to burn the damned book to ashes. But nothing can be done to change the past..

I'm standing now infront of the blue void and as I remember the past, it starts to rain.
Looks like a storm is comming and it's not going to be a small one. I put my hat, sewed by
my sister and step into the moongate..

The feeling is strange .. like all of the world is going around me in some strange shape..
There are lights everywhere .. bright ones, dark ones, large ones and small ones - I guess
those are the spirits of the living beings ..
Time .. doesn't exist here.. I wander pointlessly, trying to feel everything.. Yet, motion
exists in this strange void. I can feel currents warping all around me .. and the closest one
is the black one. I touch it carefully and suddenly .. the world is back to normal again.
But I don't know where am I .. the earth is black, the trees have no leaves and i'm standing
on some black foundation with strange alchemical signs on it. Due to the fog around I cannot
see anything else but I can smell something very distinctly .. Death. I don't know if this is
a cemetery or some strange wicked city.

Do what you must and let things go, my father used to say. I grip my fishing pole and make
a step into the mist..

[Lares, Son of Derny of Moonglow]