UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Active Staff ..

Drull-demise

Wanderer
Active Staff ..

Would it be possible to get some more staff for the shard? Counselors & GM's mainly, to answer pages. I've never had a page answerd, and have paged probably 8-10 times on various things. I understand nobody can be on ALL the time, but a counselor or two who use irc and actually takes notice of people requesting help, would be great.

Hell, I'll take the job myself if you need. I've got about 7 years or so of shard staffing experiance under my belt (Admining one now even, but i choose not to play there to be fair, s'why im here :p)

Not trying to bitch, but this needed to be addressed.

psz

Administrator
Well, for starters, we have some CNS' coming.

Secondly, this shard is still not technically open/finished. Once it is, there will be a FULL line up of staff.

Grendel23

Wanderer
Drull said:
Would it be possible to get some more staff for the shard? Counselors & GM's mainly, to answer pages. I've never had a page answerd, and have paged probably 8-10 times on various things. I understand nobody can be on ALL the time, but a counselor or two who use irc and actually takes notice of people requesting help, would be great.

Hell, I'll take the job myself if you need. I've got about 7 years or so of shard staffing experiance under my belt (Admining one now even, but i choose not to play there to be fair, s'why im here :p)

Ahem. Hope I don't terribly offend you here but ... you've had 7 *years* of shard staffing experience and yet you felt obliged to page the staff 8-10 times since the shard's been up? What could possibly validate paging so many times if you've honestly had that much experience with UO and being on the other end? I've been playing various UOGamers shards for months now without paging once. If it's a question you can get answered by perusing message boards and sites, then it's downright rude for you to bother these people who are giving up their own personal time to help manage this shard.

Also, it's just plain funny that you admit to paging so many times and then offer to be the person answering the pages. What would you have told yourself I wonder? My guess is you'd have gotten sick of yourself by the 9th or 10th page, cracked under the pressure and really told yourself off.

Drull-demise

Wanderer
Yes funny man, I would answer my own pages.

Excuse me for actually caring about a shard i play on. Instead of paging for in-game problems (spawn problems mainly), I'll just go about my business and attempt to be everyones hero on the forums.

Grendel23

Wanderer
Drull said:
Yes funny man, I would answer my own pages.

Excuse me for actually caring about a shard i play on. Instead of paging for in-game problems (spawn problems mainly), I'll just go about my business and attempt to be everyones hero on the forums.

Funny woman, actually. And if your 8-10 pages were about spawns then you really were being a major nuisance. They know it's not done, they've announced that it will get done when it gets done right here in the forums. I believe it's under the News section.

Drull-demise

Wanderer
I guess when me and a bunch of guys went into despise looking for a champ spawn, and finding ogres instead, we were way outta line for letting staff know. I would like to totally appologize for bringing that to the attention of the staff, and everyone else on the shard. Our paging sucked up precious bytes of bandwidth that could have been put to better use. I'm also sorry for offending Astri, trying to better our shard. If i were religious, i would also thank the dear lord, for not striking me down during my completely unacceptable action of using the page system. Oh, oh dear lord! (Again, if i were religious), please don't cast my soul into the burning hells for paging earlier today! The "unused tile" spot in the middle of the grass, should stay there forever, for all to see. Infact, i shall now devote my life to errecting a shrine around said tile, so all can bask in its glory, and we can sing songs of not letting the staff know about it, for we will be united as one. Together, we shall form guilds and a community, and will bring justice upon those cretins who page the staff, no matter the topic! How dare they!

And so on.

psz

Administrator
We knew about the spawn issues LONG before this shard was even public.

Actually, we know *EVERY* area that is/isn't spawned. Which is the vast majority of Fel/Tram.

As for missing/unused tiles, we know about most of those as well. (Already fixed numerous ocean "mud", as well as "holes" in the area around Trinsic, for example). If I'm not mistaken there are a couple north of Minoc.

There's a thing called a To Do list, and some things just rank higher (Like, I dunno, getting stat gain proper, or fixing loot, or getting vendors to buy/sell proper things, etc)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: 99% of all issues currently on the shard are known, documented, and planned to be fixed in due time.

Some things will be done sooner than others, but the fact is that as many as possible WILL be fixed as soon as possible.

Grendel23

Wanderer
Drull said:
I guess when me and a bunch of guys went into despise looking for a champ spawn, and finding ogres instead, we were way outta line for letting staff know. I would like to totally appologize for bringing that to the attention of the staff, and everyone else on the shard. Our paging sucked up precious bytes of bandwidth that could have been put to better use. I'm also sorry for offending Astri, trying to better our shard. If i were religious, i would also thank the dear lord, for not striking me down during my completely unacceptable action of using the page system. Oh, oh dear lord! (Again, if i were religious), please don't cast my soul into the burning hells for paging earlier today! The "unused tile" spot in the middle of the grass, should stay there forever, for all to see. Infact, i shall now devote my life to errecting a shrine around said tile, so all can bask in its glory, and we can sing songs of not letting the staff know about it, for we will be united as one. Together, we shall form guilds and a community, and will bring justice upon those cretins who page the staff, no matter the topic! How dare they!

And so on.

Drama student? My guess is all 8-10 of your pages were from the night you got stuck in Wind.

Icon

Wanderer
Oh well might as well add my .2 and 1/2 cents in
Question, if you knew that bugs existed and you probley knew players (like myself would page about the problems) then why was shard made public before it was totally ready?
Don’t get me wrong I am glade there is (finally an UO Gamers AOS Shard) but I and I think the rest of the player base wouldn't had mind waiting on the entire shard being at 100% before opening day. I mean we waited this long.

Yep that’s about all.

Hk

psz

Administrator
Icon: Because Ryan thought people would appreciate it.

*I* wanted the shard private until finished, I also wanted a shard wipe (off accounts) once it was all set up.

Ryan thought people would be happy that the server was up in any condition, and would enjoy playing on it.

As you can see, if it had been handled my way, you still wouldn't have this shard open.

Thank Ryan for deciding to open it, and bear the bugs until they're gone.