UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Any zombie-horror fans here? Thinking about seeing "world war z" tonight...

crikey

Sorceror
I have my doubts....especially with silly zombies that are all usain bolts....

Is the movie good or will I be disappointed?

How would you rate "world war z" from 1-10

As a comparison, how would you rate the "dawn of the dead" remake (also has usain bolt zombies), from 1-10

and how would you rate "28 days later" and "28 weeks later" (not really zombies, but whatever) from 1-10?

crikey

Sorceror
well I ended up seeing it....dunno why I bothered making a UO Thread about it >_>

What a mediocre film....it started out decent, then, meh.....

Certainly not the worst zombie movie, but far from the best. Even the dawn of the dead remake (which totally butchered the best zombie movie out there) was more exciting then this.

I noticed an extreme lack of gore in this film. No intestine tug of war, close up head shots, or other brutal imagery that we are accustomed to seeing in these kind of movies.

Oh well......

Heard this movie cost a SHITLOAD to make. I bet this movie tanks almost as bad as Waterworld did

well I ended up seeing it....dunno why I bothered making a UO Thread about it >_>

What a mediocre film....it started out decent, then, meh.....

Certainly not the worst zombie movie, but far from the best. Even the dawn of the dead remake (which totally butchered the best zombie movie out there) was more exciting then this.

I noticed an extreme lack of gore in this film. No intestine tug of war, close up head shots, or other brutal imagery that we are accustomed to seeing in these kind of movies.

Oh well......

Heard this movie cost a SHITLOAD to make. I bet this movie tanks almost as bad as Waterworld did

I heard the production budget alone was $400 million. That isn't even factoring in marketing and all that. Also, HOW ON EARTH DID I GET BACK HERE!?

Dexter420

Sorceror
World War Z is a sham, the book blows the movie away.

As with just about every single book turned movie, the movies suck in comparison.

crikey

Sorceror
Do you mean media wise?
yeah media wise

The problem I think with movies based off books is, its hard to fit a good book into a 90-120 minute timeframe.
Plus, I think maybe alot of the inner dialogue in books where the character thinks to himself gets cut out of movies? Unless they have narration where character thinks to themself like in "The Shawshank Redemption" or "Goodfellas"
Definitely less character development in movies compared to books. Im sure the world war z main character in the book is well developed. Brad Pitts character in the movie was boring as hell.

I think the movie was just designed as a simple horror movie you go see to waste 2 hours watching senseless action....they didn't develop the characters at all.

Bunch of CGI bullshit

Of course, this is all my opinion, so don't take it too seriously. Maybe there are people who love the movie

yeah media wise

The problem I think with movies based off books is, its hard to fit a good book into a 90-120 minute timeframe.
Plus, I think maybe alot of the inner dialogue in books where the character thinks to himself gets cut out of movies? Unless they have narration where character thinks to themself like in "The Shawshank Redemption" or "Goodfellas"
Definitely less character development in movies compared to books. Im sure the world war z main character in the book is well developed. Brad Pitts character in the movie was boring as hell.

I think the movie was just designed as a simple horror movie you go see to waste 2 hours watching senseless action....they didn't develop the characters at all.

Bunch of CGI bullshit

Of course, this is all my opinion, so don't take it too seriously. Maybe there are people who love the movie

Yeah, odds are if the movie is released in the summer it's just an in your face, 100 explosions and action packed with no character story type of movie. Shawshank is one of my top 20 favorite movies. I was more talking about The Walking Dead series where they've had plenty of time to do character development and such but omit or change key things from the comics or make it less gory even though it's on a cable network.

crikey

Sorceror
I was more talking about The Walking Dead series where they've had plenty of time to do character development and such but omit or change key things from the comics or make it less gory even though it's on a cable network.
Doesn't help that the acting on the walking dead is ATROCIOUS. When you watch the walking dead, alot of the times, when the characters speak, its REALLY in your face that they are acting >_>

Even with terrible acting, the show is HUGELY entertaining of course. I really dig the apocalyptic shit, even absent zombies ( the last man on earth and omega man come to mind ;) )

I'm pretty satisfied with the gore on the show. I think it gets the job done. They didn't show any rape scenes, children getting murdered, penises getting nailed to boards or eyeballs getting scooped out by spoons, but screw it. The show is jam packed with violence, and the special effects are top notch.
It could be ALOT worse