UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Check out this prototype I made

shindig

Sorceror
Working on a version for android and iOS devices that have a camera. You point the camera at a target image or object, and it can track it while spawning 3d game models in it's place. So for playing cards you can point the app at it, a character will spawn, and if you move the cards close enough to each other 2 characters will fight.

Another idea is for board games or physical maps, you could scan your camera over it to view an interactive town with villagers or monsters.

Basic mechanics:

I was also thinking of going to popular landmarks around the city, creating an image target of each, then adding ears, mustaches, hats, and different items that would appear on it if you pointed your camera at the statue/landmark.

shindig

Sorceror
Thx I made a better video with virtual buttons that hide toggle skeletons on and off and can track multiple cards so you could do a board game or large maps or similar:

Darkarna

Sorceror
There is a lot of potential for something like this, especially if implemented correctly. Again, impressive :)

shindig

Sorceror
Think of pokemon, sports, or similar playing cards/comics. If I had models of different characters, if you point the cam at the card it would spawn the character and if you move 2 cards close enough they could fight.

At work we're using it for marketing/advertising and exploring new concepts daily :)

shindig

Sorceror
Here's a little test with a kinect sensor (asus knock-off) for input, kinda shitty cause I don't have a lot of room to move around where the computer is. But basically throw fireballs and knock a cube onto a trigger that explodes.

SavvyT

Sorceror
Damn, this really is impressive. Im still trying to wrap my head around exactly what it is and how it works though

shindig

Sorceror
The augmented reality stuff recognizes patterns and can spawn items on it, if you move 2 patterns close enough the models can fight to the death and stuff...If you rotate the pattern/card you can view the models from 360 degrees. Good for tower defense type game where you lay out your pieces and watch it unfold with an ipad or phone.

For the kinect stuff you just need a sensor and windows pc, I made a little punching skeletons demo this morning:

shindig

Sorceror
It was probably 4-5 years ago but I remember someone from G&G I think with turbo in their name had posted a game dev thread about wanting to learn torque which got me interested in the thought of making games, but torque was so hard I gave up on it then found xna then unity 3d 3+ years ago which are a lot easier to use.

At that time I worked construction....as a laborer.. Went back to school at 26, hell I had brain surgery 3 weeks ago today and got my dream job the week before as a game programmer which I started 9 days after brain surgery. Just gotta find stuff you're reeaaallly interested in and it's not "work" to spend time learning it. And it's never really too late to learn. I hope I'm doing stuff like this when I'm 80.

crikey

Sorceror
You should make a program where you point the camera at the classic family game: "Operation", and on the television set it displays a real body with the actions captured on camera. Don't touch the sides tho! Otherwise the poor patients anesthetic will fail and the patient will flail around begging for mercy!

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

shindig

Sorceror
I shot a little clip in "my" office today to better show what I'm doing at my job: My boss bought me 2 android tablets, an ipad, and a windows tablet to make stuff for. I also have the asus/kinect sensor to play with.

I was thinking of making a little holder with a handle to place a card and the tablet, then aim it around the room to make the dragon fly around and watch through the tablet...might be cool.

crikey

Sorceror
Dragons are pretty sweet, but I think everyone, including the children would giggle in childish delight as they tear the funny bone out of a patient(victim) more awake then the greatest insomniac the worlds ever seen, doing 100% pure meth for the first time. fun for the whole family!

Shall I post videos? It's video time! I'll be back with some gruesome failed surgical procedures caught on film to help everyone envision my idea

Google time