UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dexxers ability

Dexxers ability

Hey, i am new to server, i was wondering if someone could explain to me if dexxers can use stun or disarm and how :) what skills are required? :)
oh and what stats would a good dexxer need? much int or mostly dex + str?

Mara

Knight
Re: Dexxers ability

I dont know much about playing a dexxer well, but as for the special abilities this is what you need.

In order to stun you need at least 80 wrestling and 80 anatomy

In order to disarm people you need at least 80 wrestling and 80 arms lore

To use the skills you either set it up in you client macros for use primary ability and/or secondary ability.

If you use razor, you can use them by setting up a hotkey for pre-AOS primary and secondary abilities under the hotkey tab / special moves / toggle disarm/stun.

FuryTrack

Wanderer

What ^ explained is for wrestling. You can stun with short spears/spears and pitchforks? (so I heard about the pitchforks). You can do concussion blows (halves the enemies mana pool) with axes, halberds, bardiches. You can do massive blows with some maces (not quite sure which ones). They do more damage..

XIQJX

Wanderer

Fencing weapons cannot stun, they occasionally can hit with a paralyzing blow (Enemy cannot move or cast for 5 seconds). You cannot stun or disarm with a weapon on, stun and disarm are wrestling moves.

Mara

Knight

No the paralyzing blow you get with a spear is something different entirely. I have heard elsewhere that it is your anatomy skill that determines your chance to deliver this special blow, and at gm you get about 25% chance. This is unverified, though. This is totally separate from the stun and disarm that we are talking about above. You dont have to do anything to activate the paralzing blow (contrary to how post-AOS special moves that are toggled on/off), just attacking with a spear(maybe a short spear too) will cause this to occur randomly. Again, I dont know what skill actually makes it happen, but Im pretty sure that it is anatomy. My skills are fencer/tactics/anatomy - and I know for sure its not tactics that does it.

Hope that helps.

and with those skills you manage to hit for paralyzing blow occasionally? :)

other question, does a dexxer need int at all?

Mara

Knight

I concur with fury and iqj, they sort of beat me to the punch there

Mara

Knight

Yes with those skills, I paralyze occassionally, just happens on its own.

As for intellect, all depends on what you want to do. If you want to throw in some spells occasionally, or possible use some magic, then the more intelligence you have the more mana.

But I think most people rely more on Alchemy since it gives more damage to explosion potions. And you dont get interrupted trying to toss about potions.

Mara

Knight

Sounds workable, but you should probably let someone with more experience playing a dexxer chime in for advice. Keep in mind with no magery, you will need to use recall scrolls (or a charged runebook) to get around and it will take you about 5 tries for success, but personally its not that big a problem for me. With last object command and a runebook, its not so bad, just keep in mind you wont be recalling out of danger unless you get really lucky.

Fencing damage is great for the paralyzing blow, but the damage you do is also pretty inconsistent. Just comes with the territory. If you want consistent damage, then a katana and swordsmanship is the way to go.

But, like I said, you need better/more advice than just mine, so keep asking.

I would drop parry and pick up magery. Even with a bare amount of int (40) and no med you will still be able to keep yourself alive through mana dumps.

Absolutely not, a mage with eval will heal the same as a mage without eval.

i also suggest carrying around cure pots and instead of casting cure drink a pot. it's just smart to conserve as much mana as possible.

Getting magery will have many other beneifits as well.

Magic reflect
Trapping pouches
Gating
Recalling
Casting invis
Revealing
teleporting

Hank-hybrid

Wanderer

Violently Calm said:
righto cool
you reckon
gm fencing
gm tactics
gm healing
gm anatomy
gm resists
gm parry
gm alchemy
sounds good?

/\/\

Great build but, Drop Parry for Magery

Why?

Look down.. he hit it right on.

Vas Griffith said:
Getting magery will have many other beneifits as well.

Magic reflect - priceless
Trapping pouches - needed for pvp (gets you otta a casted Paralize)
Gating - der
Recalling - der
Casting invis - der
Revealing - great for pvp
teleporting - great for pvp or anything really

But forgot being able to turn into a chicken... thats all i do baby.

Y

Yoinkster

Alchemy is a must for... mostly any pvp template.