UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Disconnects - Might be in wrong section (Apologies)

Xephic

Wanderer
Hi

I was playing fine all weekend, then since yesterday, I've been getting disconnects every few minutes. I have since updated my UO game files, and razor, router resets. Still the problem is persisting.

If I get a disconnect, and log back in, without re-opening razor, it just gets stuck at "Entering Britannia" after char selection. If I re-open razor, if goes in, then dc shortly after.

Anyone else with this problem or what it could be? The rest if my internet is unaffected.

Kind Regards
T. Pwent

Stuart lil

Sorceror
Had this problem for a while myself, for a moment i thought it was some kind of AFK control made by the GM's :)

silvertiger

Knight
I have been getting disconnects for months now. Not as severe as this though, @Eos .

I also have been getting disconnects on one character and not the others at different times(staff disconnect?)

Xephic

Wanderer
Hi

It's literally been 2 nights in a row now, Can't get past the entering britannia stage. I highly doubt a staff would just DC people for the sake of it.
Just so frustrating, after a long day at work, you look forward to gaming and cant get in. Now if I log in, is it worth the risk going and hunting?

Regards
T. Pwent

I had a pretty similar problem that was solved by changing the channel my router operated on. Went from unplayable lag to completely comfortable in about 5 minutes.

argile

Sorceror
My vendor gater is getting disconnects nightly as well. Usually a few times a night. Typically when I catch it quick enough when I log back on the vendor mall is pretty empty so I assume it's a issue for everyone.

silvertiger

Knight
@Ryan , is there any chance of you relocating the server again? I feel like we have had some really good locations with little to no issues with stability, but this is pretty bad.

I also had this problem the entering Britannia screen and itt froze constantly using razor. So all I did was run razor as administrator and no probs since. Touch wood! Hope this was helpful to ya man.

Loler

Page
its probably just service interruptions at the ISP hub. the internet and connections between them werent built for gaming one day there will be no such thing as lag or Service interruptions.

silvertiger

Knight
I'm getting very annoyed. We seriously didn't used to have this problem. My free vet resser is useless, because I can't keep him logged into the game.

silvertiger

Knight
More specifically:
The server has been suffering from limited network connectivity which seems to occur in short bursts, effectively disconnecting all players. This is not a Demise/RunUO issue, the server continues to run fine even when the network connection drops. Sadly this can lead to your player characters getting killed by monsters while the server is inaccessible. We are working with the server host to diagnose the cause and fix the problem.

In the meantime, I would suggest bringing a healer with hiding to peerless encounters lacking an ankh.

We apologize for the inconvenience. :(

MMMartin

Squire
well, no bad, it is more efective like when GM checking... AFK players...

but again, it is bad for ppl who make GATE VENDOR MAIL :(

silvertiger

Knight
who care if loged or get jail, plenty enought if they are disconection :)
If they get jailed they have to serve the time online. And if they disconnect in jail.... The punishment escalates as well. So they might instead of getting a DC get a 1 week ban, but this is all beside the point.
I actually enjoy having the vet resser running and being a help to the community. With frequent disconnects free vet resser can hardly be of any value to the community. For those above who are DCing while actually playing, I'm sure you can understand having to relog in your miner or ingot buyer every 5 minutes would be very annoying.