UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Doom Overspawned

Ozzie-demise

Wanderer
Doom Overspawned

Far too many devs (Devourers of souls or whatever) It's impossible to get around without having one on you. I found even if you ran a mile they still stayed locked on you. Could you please cut down devourer spawns. Ty

psz

Administrator
The spawns are based off of over 20 individual trips to Doom (lasting 2-3 hours each) both while alive and dead on Atlantic. The spawns are (more or less) random in various areas. Kill one thing, and something else spawns. Sounds like many bats were killed, but not Devourers ;->

psz

Administrator
It's not twice the size. I manually COUNTED the number of creatures per area on OSI each time, and went with the average (This was on predominately empty days, too, which is the only time I ever spawned dungeons)

Ozzie-demise

Wanderer
psz:

5 vampire bats does not = 5 devourers of souls.. Im sorry, but i went into doom and surrounding the entrance was atleast 5-6 devourer of souls. Check OSI again and u'll see that there are a lot more vampire bats than devourers.

psz

Administrator
It's a random spawn. There is a total spawn per area. Each area is controlled by a spawner. That spawner has a set number of creatures, of which it randomly selects from a list.

Now, the list is weighted so that some creatures will be more likely to spawn than others. However, as with any random number generator, there is always a chance of (even with weighted numbers) having more of X than Y.

I will look into it when I have time, but ATM the amounts are damn close to OSI (Tested yesterday) in terms of what and how many of each.

psz

Administrator
It's an option, but they don't. I've watched them all spawn from almost the exact same tile consistantly.