UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

guard wacked from a grey? wtf is this...

Mr Cool

Wanderer
guard wacked from a grey? wtf is this...

Aight so i was was fightin a grey in town. Hit him a few times with spear and when i landed the paralize i jumped off mare and yelled all kill and then BOOM i get guard wacked.

Whats up?

Up until mare got in the fight there was no danger from guards, plus he was grey to me.

Mr Cool

Wanderer
Re: guard wacked from a grey? wtf is this...

and to add to this, i had "Query" Turned on so i would have known if it was gonna be an illegal act....

hoglegs

Sorceror

Your foe was innocent to the nightmare, so you turned criminal from the all kill.

EDIT: The reason it allowed you to target him was that he was grey to you, but not "grey" to your pet.

Mr Cool

Wanderer

That is the dumbest nonsense i have ever heard. why the hell is this legal. the nightmare is protecting me. Any way i could have avoided this and have been able to attack him with mare?

this still seems really rediculous

awbs

Knight

hoglegs;1621337 said:
Your foe was innocent to the nightmare, so you turned criminal from the all kill.

EDIT: The reason it allowed you to target him was that he was grey to you, but not "grey" to your pet.

Yep, thats what would have happened.

The only way to avoid is is to have him flag the mare, assuming he was grey only to you.

Mr Cool

Wanderer

so if i attack a grey on my mare...i cant attack him cuz hes blue to my mare? wtf im confused now. does this mean he was a theif? wtf goin on here....

hoglegs

Sorceror

Mr Cool;1621338 said:
That is the dumbest nonsense i have ever heard. why the hell is this legal. the nightmare is protecting me. Any way i could have avoided this and have been able to attack him with mare?

this still seems really rediculous

It's not dumb.. The criminal flag is tricky, if it was a thief, all he had to do was attempt to steal an "unstealable" item from you, flagging him criminal to you, but noone else, including your pet.

EDIT: This is why I used to LOVE being a thief on hybrid. :quagmire:

Mr Cool

Wanderer

a crim is a mother F'n crim, why these UO rules have to be so gay sometimes. if he tries to steal something "unstealable" is that guard wackable?

hoglegs

Sorceror

Mr Cool;1621344 said:
a crim is a mother F'n crim, why these UO rules have to be so gay sometimes. if he tries to steal something "unstealable" is that guard wackable?

Not guard killable because he is only grey to you. Plus he didn't steal anything heheh..

This is due to the way a thief gets flagged criminal. This time it was what we call here an "aggro" thief. All they do is try to steal runebooks or blessed items in your pack, get a message saying "You can't steal that," but get flagged criminal to only you.

Then they wait for you to attack them...only thing is if you're a tamer your pets are useless. Never hurts to have a 5x Mage Tamer... heheh

Felon-D*S

Wanderer

My friend. If the rulesets laid before by our forefathers are not suitable - I am sure you will find Trammel on an OSI shard more to your liking.

Mr Cool

Wanderer

so lets say i pull this trick, and go grey to someone, THEY attack me, can i use mare?

xjoewhitex

Wanderer

Mr Cool;1621357 said:
so lets say i pull this trick, and go grey to someone, THEY attack me, can i use mare?
I believe so? unless that has been fixed I remember times people being gray and I would attack them.. and they pull mares out of hiding and woop me lol.

And No I wouldn't think it could be bannable, its how it works.. and its been going on for quite some time.

hoglegs

Sorceror

It's not an exploit. It is there to make thievery more dynamic in a pvp environment. You can't have a single murder count in the thieves guild.

Mr Cool

Wanderer

GOOD!!!

and i need confirmation on if i get attacked can i use mare by doing this trick

hoglegs

Sorceror

If you would like to test this out.. let me know somewhere i can meet u in game.

aim - FrostyNugMug

Mr Cool

Wanderer

hehe i would, but my mare is at 96 magery so to have it fall into stat lose would suck ass ha ha