UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Help archer tamer

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: Help archer tamer

Depends on pets. If you are willing to use some lower level pets like hell hounds, dragon/mare etc you can drop a lot of vet/lore and scroll anat/tact.

Digatalas

Knight
I know this is a really old thread but it's basically what I'm thinking about doing right now. I want to make an archer tamer that's generally good for anything. I also plan to just use a hiryu. I don't have patience for a dragon really so if I can throttle my taming & lore down to increase some others that would be great. I just want to be able to control a hiryu 100% of the time if possible. I need some advice on skill levels and stat levels.

Thanks!

Here's my template
100 archery + HH (120)
120 bushido
115 animal lore
105 taming
100 vet
60 chiv

once u get the extra 20 skill points from being a vet then u can bring tactics to 120.

stats 100/125/25 + items.

I would also go with a Cu Sidhe instead of hiryu, they are just stronger and heal themselves. Ultimately it's your choice.

It's an even better tank, you can find them with around 600 hp, 60's phys, 40's fire, high 70's-80's cold, 40's-50's poison, and 70-80's energy.

They heal themselves, and you. Have bleed attack. Way better pet.

baaoodler

Traveler
Is the following viable?

110 arch
Tacs
110 tame
110 lore
Vet
Spirit speak
Necro

Ive found that a rune beetle/mare combo to be extremely effective for dps.. imho much better than a greater dragon imho .which reduces the need for lore, but increases the need for vet.

I figure you can wither/ vet at the same time and use the now for leeching .. low mana/high regin suot?

with that build u lose the versatility of a mage/necro/tamer and the dps of the standard archer/tamer build. While also making the suit much more difficult to build.

Also greater dragons are not used for their dps(they dont even make it on the top 10 list for dps combos) but because of the tankiness of greater dragons its like hitting the easy button.

baaoodler

Traveler
I have 87 chiv locked and have 97.8 bushido that hasn't seemed to raise in a couple weeks.. i use lightning and momentum strike a ton and no gains. Any ideas?

I have a gd, but havnt been able to find a lore power scroll, so it tends to wander. Now that my rune beetle has almost gm magery and 112 eval it seems to speed kill deamons and blood elementals.. throw in a mare and i farm deamons without my bow or arrows faster than i could armed with a cu sidh.

I am new to the AOS game mechanics and was shocked at how weak a white wyrm has become or even a greater dragon.. it seems like a wyrm or normal dragon could tank a room of blood elementals back then :p

Tempest

Knight
unfortunately with the introduction of aos resistances, white wyrms have taken a far backseat especially with their low fire... most high end mobs like to cast fs and typically have a lot of eval/magery and/or fire damage added to their auto attacks...

high end mobs you remember fighting pre aos are at best medium level spawn. Pretty much any template could take them with low risk of dying. They are great of new players because of the ease to kill combined with the fact they have a low chance to drop high end items. A suited dexxer could 1-2 hit kill most of the medium level spawn.

But once you start to fight newer content monsters and suit yourself out more you will realize why people tend to use cus and greaters as tanks and archery as the main source of dps.

Xeasin

Sorceror
Last answer from Apr 5, 2013 so I'm wondering what could be change about gears and farming doom... For farm Doom and kill champion spawn bosses what kind of gears we should use. Please start suggesting from cheap ones :D