UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I got owned by my hard drive.

pbguy434

Knight
I got owned by my hard drive.

Well a few days ago my hard drive decided to crap out on me, and as it turns out with many tries to get it back to life - I have figured that it is corrupted. I can't even install a linux distro to attempt to save my Drive's life. Heck, it couldn't even make a new partition.

So I am asking all those comptuer wizzes (Yes you, viriiguy.) to help me out picking a new hard drive. I am really really leaning towards This Samsung hard drive. It seems pretty fast judging from the reviews, and is quiet, too. So pretty much I am not asking to help pick one out, I am asking if it seems good.

Thanks.

DarkLotus

Wanderer
if theres something you can do to help it in linux, just get one of them cd bootable linux's like mepis or sumthin.

i favor western digital but ive had a maxtor, segate and a samsung and ive never really had a problem with any of them.

though my old 20gb maxtor has 1 bad sector now, but its years and years old

kio123

Knight
well ive a friend having a problem with his large capacity hd. it was 200gb too. he divided it into 4 but that only made it crappier.
it may happen in self-built computers. i dont know tho
keep looking on net. i dont think it has anything to do with its brand. other than the possiblity of opposition with another enemy-brand piece in your computer. forgive my bad grammer