UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Heugike

Wanderer
Is there a Inscription PS?

How do I make mod-ed spellbooks? Does eval help?
Whats the maximum mods in a spellbook here at demise?
Can one craft slayer books?
How hard is it to make a good moded book? [ex: 1/100 books you make will have ____ property (something good)]

Thanks again!

silvertiger

Knight
Re: Inscription

Heugike;668125 said:
Is there a Inscription PS?

How do I make mod-ed spellbooks? Does eval help?
Whats the maximum mods in a spellbook here at demise?
Can one craft slayer books?
How hard is it to make a good moded book? [ex: 1/100 books you make will have ____ property (something good)]

Thanks again!

120 magery is the best way to make moded spellbooks. You simply use your scribe pen go down to other click spellbook and make it The most I have seen is 3 mods there might be more. Yes you can craft slayer books. Eval doesn't help. You make a lot of books and get nothing good so it's nice to get a nice every now and then.:D

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror

No there isn't.
You scribe spellbooks while having magery. No, eval int does not help. But having higher magery gives you a higher chance to get properties on the book.
Yes you can craft slayer books.
Not hard at all, just time/scroll consuming.

• You can't get +Inscription jewelry... Thus, it follows that there is no power scroll for it.
  • Aside from the base chance for a spellbook crafting, the chance of getting MODS is based entirely on your magery; having over GM really helps.
  • The maximum a modded book can have is 3 mods, and the mod intensity is capped at 75% the normal intensity (i.e, 15% LRC, 6% LMC, +6 INT/Mana, MR 2, versus 20%, 8%, +8, and 3 for those mods on armor and/or jewelry)

tesract

Wanderer
Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but it was the only one I found talking about crafting spellbooks. I wanted to know stats like chance of creating magic properties on a spellbook. I ended up reading the runUO source to find out the odds and figured this is a good place to share the info.

magery skill determines how many and what strength mods you can get when crafting a mage spellbook.
Below 80 skill you have no chance of getting any extra properties.

80+ Magery
  • 25% chance of 1 property (0%-15% intensity)
90+ Magery
  • 30% chance of 1 property (25%-45% intensity)
  • 10% chance of 2 properties (25%-45% intensity)
100+ Magery
  • 30% chance of 1 property (55%-75% intensity)
  • 15% chance of 2 properties (55%-75% intensity)
  • 5% chance of 3 properties (55%-75% intensity)
110+
  • 29% chance of 1 property (55%-75% intensity)
  • 18% chance of 2 properties (55%-75% intensity)
  • 9% chance of 3 properties (55%-75% intensity)
120+
  • 29% chance of 1 property (55%-75% intensity)
  • 19% chance of 2 properties (55%-75% intensity)
  • 12% chance of 3 properties (55%-75% intensity)
Hopefully someone else will find this useful as well.