UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Martial Arts Movies.

Kowe

Wanderer
Martial Arts Movies.

Does anyone here watch martial arts movies? Personally, there my favourite kind of movie.

In order of greatness in the martials arts catagory it goes as such:
Tony Jaa

Bruce Lee

Scott Hogarth

Jet Li
Jackie Chan.
END LIST!!

The spaces are to signify difference in skill level.

I'm going to guess some of you haven't heard of Tony Jaa, and most haven't heard of Scott Hogarth.

Well, for any fan of martial arts movies, you should check out Ong-Bak if you haven't already. Fantastic movie!!! And for when it comes out in NA, Tom Yum Goong (which I am importing from Thailand with english subtitles :D), both of which star the incredible Tony Jaa.

And as far as Scott Hogarth goes, he is a guy that owns a dojo in the town that I live in. (Milton, Ontario). He claims to have 8 world championship titles and a lot of black belts and weapon master belt things...

To put that in perspective, Jet Li has 2 world championship titles. (Or so Scott Hogarth says...)

But no matter how many titles a man has, Tony Jaa is better.

P.S. YaY for Muay Thai!

Please, give us some imput of your thoughts about Martial Arts Movies and who's the best.

Kowe

Wanderer
Haha, that guys name is something like Steve Odelu something or other.. I know it's steve something. He made and played in Kung Pow (which you are refering to I know) but heres an interesting fact: He alos wrote the two Ace Ventura movies. hmm...

Sintoo

Sorceror
Kowe said:
Haha, that guys name is something like Steve Odelu something or other.. I know it's steve something. He made and played in Kung Pow (which you are refering to I know) but heres an interesting fact: He alos wrote the two Ace Ventura movies. hmm...

He's name is Steve Oedekerk. Actually he only wrote the second one wich I know of and he's also the one who's written all those thumb movies Bat thumb, The Blair Thumb, Thumb Wars and so on. YOu might also remember him as a certain dancing guard in a movie called Nothing to lose wich he also wrote.

Hmm...favourite martial arts movie cant think of one but I like the kind of older artial art movies between 80's and around to 95-97. Lots of wires, high flying kicking around sort of thing. Great characters and atleast a decent story. Dao would be a good example of what kind of movie I mean.

Kowe

Wanderer
I haven't seen House of Flying Daggers. I've seen Hero, that was pretty crazy and confusing, and Crouching Tiger Hidden dragon... I knew ninjas could run up walls, but fly?

Anyways, yeah, Mortal Kombat was a good movie too.

Sintoo

Sorceror
I thought The House of Flying Dagers was pretty good.

I want to see that one aswell it seems cool.

Checked out the Iron Monkey movie hehe hmm...dont know what to think of it, the Robin Hood kind of plot was abit boring and the cheesy music in the trailer I watched really didnt seduce me to it hehe might be worth to check out though.

I think I've made up my mind on my favourite martial arts movie though....Rocky. If boxing would be considered as a martial art.

jacin

Wanderer
Sintoo said:
I think I've made up my mind on my favourite martial arts movie though....Rocky. If boxing would be considered as a martial art.

i think vann damme tried to do that...rocky as martial arts. :p