UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

melee templete

aputamkon

Wanderer
i have a melee template. i have
swords 120 swords 120
tac 100 tac 100
anat 100 bush 120
bush 120 ninja 120
ninja 120 hide 90
hide 90 stealth 80
stealth 60 chiv 80

with this template i want to pvp. im look at a couple of options. i question id which temp will allow me to do more damage in pvp? i think the anatomy will get me the most damage. im not sure how chiv works in pvp. first off im not to concerned with my healing i just want to be mostly offense.

aputamkon

Wanderer
tracking is only for backstab or death strike? i thought death strike was the total of ninja skill plus hide stealth? can u clearify thes formuls for both of these?
also is tracking every 10 points in skill equal to 1 point dmg? or does it matter what the tracking skill is just the distance tracked?

Last edited:

kolbycrouch

Knight
Don't use melee in pvp.

It's so deeply bad because of core mechanics in this game.

Casting in practice because of uosteam makes it almost impossible for you to do the damage you need to do in a small enough window. Your enemy will heal through it always.

Most of the secondary skills like ninjitsu, bushido, alchemy and to some extent even poisoning because of the above reason, have been changed to be less useful.

You lack any significant range whatsoever in a game where 98% of players have range, and there are no gap closers in UO.

if you calculate that you will be swinging every 1.25 seconds and hitting around 35 each hit, that might sound good.

But after DCI and general outmaneuvering, most people will dance around you laughing.

Use archery.

120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 healing
120 resist
100-120 any skill really. Alchemy, hiding, spellweaving, eval, spirit speak etc.

Get a good suit. Always have every consumable resource you could feasibly use. teleport scrolls, trap scrolls, potions, bolas etc.

use the magery spell protection, so that you cant be interrupted while you cast one of these spells.

If played right, you should almost never die.

aputamkon

Wanderer
Don't use melee in pvp.

It's so deeply bad because of core mechanics in this game.

Casting in practice because of uosteam makes it almost impossible for you to do the damage you need to do in a small enough window. Your enemy will heal through it always.

Most of the secondary skills like ninjitsu, bushido, alchemy and to some extent even poisoning because of the above reason, have been changed to be less useful.

You lack any significant range whatsoever in a game where 98% of players have range, and there are no gap closers in UO.

if you calculate that you will be swinging every 1.25 seconds and hitting around 35 each hit, that might sound good.

But after DCI and general outmaneuvering, most people will dance around you laughing.

Use archery.

120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 healing
120 resist
100-120 any skill really. Alchemy, hiding, spellweaving, eval, spirit speak etc.

Get a good suit. Always have every consumable resource you could feasibly use. teleport scrolls, trap scrolls, potions, bolas etc.

use the magery spell protection, so that you cant be interrupted while you cast one of these spells.

If played right, you should almost never die.
well if i was still going melee does anatomy really help me out or am i better off using some thing else? i made a char on test center and i set my anatom to 100 but still only did the same amoutn of damage