UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Metal Musings: Help! I'm Overweight!

comwiz72

Wanderer
Metal Musings: Help! I'm Overweight!

Anybody ever wonder how EA could cause all logic to go out the window in UO?

Its bugged me for a while, and i want to vent :)

How come items weigh so much more than what materials are used to make them?!?!?

Example: 25 Iron ingots makes a Platemail Tunic. Weight of 25 Iron Ingots is approximately 1 stone. But wait! the weight of the platemail tunic is 6 stones?!?

Where does this magical extra weight come from? The ingots are the only material used to make it that is used up in the process. And i highly doubt that there is 5 stones of blood, sweat and tears making the tunic :)

well...25 ingots is 2.5 stones I think...

another one to add to yours..

EA please EXPLAIN TO ME WHY cutting up a sheep body gets you THREE legs of lamb?....

or how a bandage manage to bring someone back to life........=P ...

there is no logic in this game =P

pbguy434

Knight
Ea, please explain to me why you guy can't draw for crap! Hire some artists! Players come up with better stuff for free then the crap you get paid for!

Anyway.

Maybe you like mess up on that one leg consistently. Like you cut off a half lag instead of a full one and then it doesn't count. I hurt sheep bones could be mighty tough to cut through. Haha.

[Drakull]

Knight
Or even more strange: why a sheep gives you 1 wool (trammel 2 in felucca) if you shave it alive but if you kill it it gives you 3 (6 in felucca)? Was the sheep eating wool?
Why you can use a lockpick to open a locked box but you can't lock it again unless you have the key?

pbguy434

Knight
Drakull said:
Or even more strange: why a sheep gives you 1 wool (trammel 2 in felucca) if you shave it alive but if you kill it it gives you 3 (6 in felucca)? Was the sheep eating wool?
I always thought that you can only cut so much off a live sheep so it doesn't die.

And since it is already dead just hack it all off!

*Hey Quantos, what do you use? Compound, Traditional or Recurve?...

hmmm... weird...I have about 30 arrows or so...*(all the arrows I have..2 dozen fine, about 6 broken =P ..)

it all fits in my 4 inch diameter tube... (Well, very very packed... and yes, I use a tube!!!)

argh, calculating volume... okay, maybe 50 arrows !!! not 100... =P

you need 40 tubes to fill 2k arrows =P

Oh... another UO bit... how the heck do you do metal work with just a tong?.... (errr didn't uo originally require you to have all the tools?)

The Mysterious Stranger said:
*Hey Quantos, what do you use? Compound, Traditional or Recurve?...
I have a variety.
The Mysterious Stranger said:
hmmm... weird...I have about 30 arrows or so...*(all the arrows I have..2 dozen fine, about 6 broken =P ..)

it all fits in my 4 inch diameter tube... (Well, very very packed... and yes, I use a tube!!!)

I have a little more respect for my equipment than to cram them into any container. No wonder you have broken arrows.

comwiz72

Wanderer
here another obvious one, which is a problem in most rpgs :)

why do some monsters and animals carry cash, or magic items? :confused:

a giant rat ate 36 gold coins????

a harpie with a magic ring? they have no fingers :)

psz

Administrator
Rats and Harpies, I can understand actually... Ever hear of the term "Pack Rat"? :-P

They tend to horde shiny things.

Harpies are part bird. They'll pick up things for thier nests.

The ones *I* don't get are Shadow Wisps carrying bones o_O

comwiz72

Wanderer
psz said:
Rats and Harpies, I can understand actually... Ever hear of the term "Pack Rat"? :-P

They tend to horde shiny things.

Harpies are part bird. They'll pick up things for thier nests.

The ones *I* don't get are Shadow Wisps carrying bones o_O

the rats dont have pockets, do they? so they must have eaten the cash, or the cash was dropped by a fat candy-bar eating kid who got it all sticky :)

huh

Wanderer
Quantos said:
I have a little more respect for my equipment than to cram them into any container. No wonder you have broken arrows.

and if those arrows have broad heads on instead of practice tips they will take up a lot more space ;)

*well.... kind funny how the 6 wooden arrows broke over the course of one year...... 4 of them broke when my friend shot another arrow into the notch.... and splintered it... (Compound bow + Alummium arrow....overkill..) one broke when I missed/fumbled... and the arrow went SIDEWAYS... and snapped against a metal box.... the last one broke when I miss/line caught on something.(Hey, I use an LongBow, Golden Hawk by Chek mates) and I shot it right into the metal base of the target butte.... splintered it...*

I stopped using wooden now ... =P

-------------------------

OH ! the harpies could have piecings!!! maybe thats why they have rings.... !!!