UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Meteorite Madness.

Darkarna

Sorceror
Deep impact anyone? ;). On a more serious note, its quite humbling to know that a piece of rock and metal *Amongst other things* can provide such an haunting experience. *shudders*

This one gives you a sense of how something so tiny and moving at faster than the speed of sound can show up so brilliantly in the sky.

Boom!

These were filmed in Russia and the sonic boom smashed windows while causing some structural damage to a chemical factory. Also, as most probably know, there will be a fly-by of a meteorite this evening between 19:00 - 22:00 hours. *Heads into his bunker*.

crikey

Sorceror
Haha that was cool! I wish we could see that shit around here!
As if the Russians didn't have enough shit to deal with, it looks like they're on the wait for another "Tunguska" event ;)

crikey

Sorceror
I must be a sick person....am I the only one who hopes the asteroid smashes over a populated area?

I'm hoping it hits China, north Korea, or Iran....that would be rad as fuck

Sadly, Bill Nye said it misses us by 15 minutes :( .......so,better luck next time

uonoobs

Knight
I must be a sick person....am I the only one

yeah that sounds really, really , really selfish, enough to make me irl pissed.
The countries you listed about being 'rad to get blasted' makes me believe americans really are getting brainwashed by their goverment.
or.. you are just trolling :p

on another note here's a new compilation of the meteorite

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Man meteorites are worth so many thousands of dollars I'd love one to go down nearby me ;/

Edit: not one that big though lol.. Needs to be a survivable size haha

crikey

Sorceror
or.. you are just trolling :p

on another note here's a new compilation of the meteorite
When aint I trolling? lol....
Of course I didn't mean it. I don't have any problem with regular people. Although you cannot deny the leaders of said countries are criminals. I wouldn't mind seeing that monkey who gives speeches in Iran getting blasted to dust by a meteor, but this is all talk for another time...

Pretty rad footage tho. That shit is LOUD!
I looked up some shit about that event. Apparently they say the event that happened in Russia today, was just a mere fragment of the ASTEROID that comes by later today. They say this asteroid is about the size of an olympic swimming pool. It will pass between the earth, and actual satellites we have in space!
I wonder if it will be visable or not to us?

Man meteorites are worth so many thousands of dollars I'd love one to go down nearby me ;/
hehe you can buy meteorites from reputable people online. I have a small one about the size of a softball, it didn't cost all that much.

I've seen a few for sale that are bigger then your car,and yeah...those cost thousands. However, how the FUCK would you be able to move a solid hunk of iron like that?!?!? rofl

Darkarna

Sorceror

Yeah, but you need a telescope or a decent pair of binoculars, expect to see a faint dot ;). DOOMSDAY INCOMING! *Sells everything and heads off to live in a remove village in france*

crikey

Sorceror
Yeah, but you need a telescope or a decent pair of binoculars, expect to see a faint dot ;). DOOMSDAY INCOMING! *Sells everything and heads off to live in a remove village in france*
awww that's too bad. I have a telescope and binoculars, but I wouldn't know where to look ;/

I also have read that later on this year in 2013, there is a COMET that will be visible to us, and supposedly it will be among the brightest ever! This will be pretty cool to see with the naked eye ;D

I remember about 15 years ago or so, a comet came into our sky, and you could see it, but it only looked like a faint star X_X
Was kinda boring to see in the telescope...didn't evenlook like it was moving. Was barely moving, and it looked to be moving the wrong direction lol. You would think it would move with the "tail" behind it, but it looked just the opposite. Weird stuff

Astronomy is interesting

uonoobs

Knight
On another note, whats with everyone using dashcams these days like the police? lol
russia has alot of people doing insurance scams (running in front of cars, backing on a car behind them etc) so everyone over there uses a dashcam to get out of sticky situations caused by scammers.. *rolls eyes*

crikey

Sorceror
still....imagine if this upcoming asteroid hit Shanghai, Tehran, Moscow or New York city? Man that would be a disaster of legendary proportions....something to be remembered for 2000 years

Smokeuog

Sorceror
When aint I trolling? lol....
Of course I didn't mean it. I don't have any problem with regular people. Although you cannot deny the leaders of said countries are criminals. I wouldn't mind seeing that monkey who gives speeches in Iran getting blasted to dust by a meteor, but this is all talk for another time...

Pretty rad footage tho. That shit is LOUD!
I looked up some shit about that event. Apparently they say the event that happened in Russia today, was just a mere fragment of the ASTEROID that comes by later today. They say this asteroid is about the size of an olympic swimming pool. It will pass between the earth, and actual satellites we have in space!

hehe you can buy meteorites from reputable people online. I have a small one about the size of a softball, it didn't cost all that much.

I've seen a few for sale that are bigger then your car,and yeah...those cost thousands. However, how the FUCK would you be able to move a solid hunk of iron like that?!?!? rofl
Just like gold and silver meteorites have a dollar per gram/ounce price :) there are a few different types but always valuable! not compared to gold but usually from like 60 cents to $1 usd per GRAM.. And we're talking semi heavy metallic rocks hehe a gram goes a long way.

crikey

Sorceror
Just like gold and silver meteorites have a dollar per gram/ounce price :) there are a few different types but always valuable! not compared to gold but usually from like 60 cents to $1 usd per GRAM.. And we're talking semi heavy metallic rocks hehe a gram goes a long way.
well I hope a fucking asteroid the size of a house lands on my property so I can reap the benefits

oh wait.....

I must be a sick person....am I the only one who hopes the asteroid smashes over a populated area?

I'm hoping it hits China, north Korea, or Iran....that would be rad as fuck

Sadly, Bill Nye said it misses us by 15 minutes :( .......so,better luck next time

I bet you a lot of Chinese would want it to hit China too, it would just mean more room for the survivors. If you think its hard enough to walk in New York City, try going to Beijing and walk around.

I would be wishing for something to clear some people out for sure.

awww that's too bad. I have a telescope and binoculars, but I wouldn't know where to look ;/

I also have read that later on this year in 2013, there is a COMET that will be visible to us, and supposedly it will be among the brightest ever! This will be pretty cool to see with the naked eye ;D

I remember about 15 years ago or so, a comet came into our sky, and you could see it, but it only looked like a faint star X_X
Was kinda boring to see in the telescope...didn't evenlook like it was moving. Was barely moving, and it looked to be moving the wrong direction lol. You would think it would move with the "tail" behind it, but it looked just the opposite. Weird stuff

Astronomy is interesting

a comet's tail always points away from the sun.

After watching those videos I kind of know how the dinosaurs felt.

I probably would have shit myself a little seeing that coming and not knowing what it was at the time.