UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My New Mage, Training Order

Moosebish

Wanderer
My New Mage, Training Order

Im just double checking on the order of which to train this... this is what im doing:

Resist
Magery/Med
Wrestling
Eval

Is this good?

Re: My New Mage, Training Order

Moosebish;1245726 said:
Im just double checking on the order of which to train this... this is what im doing:

Resist
Magery/Med
Wrestling
Eval

Is this good?

woah there! don't start yet. not a good idea. scribe is probably the hardest skill to raise on the shard next to poisoning:

-lock all but scribe and med
Insciption + med
-unlock poisoning
Poisoning
-unlock resist magery
Resist + magery
-unlock wrestling
Wrestling
-unlock eval
Eval

for the record, it is my opinion that nox is a waste of time to have on a mage. if you absolutely must have scribe, i would go scribe stun and just make a poison mule character for weapons and shit.

edit: fixed.

Moosebish

Wanderer

Ya, but you can't train inscription without magery and magery is near impossible with med...

since when could not you train scribe without magery? all you need are the spells in your spell book. start out 50 scribe 50 poison or 50 scribe 50 resist might be cheaper but take more time... buy the appropriate scrolls and get started.

Addicted

Disciple

Inscription/med
Resist
Poisoning
Magery
Wrestling
Eval

Poisoning isn't hard, but it is cheaper to do sooner than later. You don't need magery to do inscribe, just enough mana to make the higher up scrolls.

Addicted;1245757 said:
Poisoning
Magery/Med
Wrestling
Eval

Poisoning isn't hard, but it is cheaper to do sooner than later. You don't need magery to do inscribe, just enough mana to make the higher up scrolls.

you could go with this order, but if you have a few extra mages i would go with mine as you can speed up with the resist process whereas there is not much you can do to speed up poisoning.

Addicted

Disciple

I fixed mine. You might as well do med along with inscribe or it's going to take you 132421 days to finish it.

Addicted

Disciple

Dead Head E-Mart;1245787 said:
make sure you do your stats first seesawing with 2 skills!

no, don't do that.

You always do stats once your char's skills are finished.

Addicted;1245788 said:
no, don't do that.

You always do stats once your char's skills are finished.

it doesn't matter if he's doing his stats while he does his skills. yes you can gain stats once you have finished training your skills i.e. you can do arms lore for str and not lose any of your current skills or gain any arms lore for that matter. and addicted is right. i completely forgot that you need to do med along w/ inscribe. ill fix mine...

kwchu

Wanderer

related to the topic .. what should be the training order of the following skills??

inscribe
alchmy
resist
poison
magery

p.s. I am going to have a nox alchy mage, I suppose the order would be like, am I right?
alchy
poison
resist / magery / med
wrestling
eval int

Addicted

Disciple

Snopping is the quickest way to raise dex.

kwchu;1245926 said:
related to the topic .. what should be the training order of the following skills??

inscribe
alchmy
resist
poison
magery

Yup, that's the best way to do it.

kwchu;1245926 said:
p.s. I am going to have a nox alchy mage, I suppose the order would be like, am I right?
alchy
poison
resist / magery / med
wrestling
eval int

With that template I would do
alchy
resist
poison
magery
med
wrestling
eval

Addicted;1245956 said:
Snopping is the quickest way to raise dex.

Yup, that's the best way to do it.

alchy
resist
poison
magery
med
wrestling
eval

it appears addicted favors raising resist before poisoning. any reason for this?

Addicted

Disciple

Resist will cost you more than poisoning, so you might as well do it first. Poisoning is pretty simple and uses about the same amount of supplies no matter if it's first or fourth (anything after your fourth skill is going to use a lot more resources).

kwchu

Wanderer

Addicted;1245956 said:
alchy
resist
poison
magery
med
wrestling
eval

actually I will have this char to train magery and resist together (so as mediate) by itself, then should be

alchy
resist/mag/med
poison

or

alchy
poison
resist/mag/med

also, for Addicted's suggested order, it is supposed to have another char to train resist. If I train magery with resist I can save some resource. which one will you suggest??

Addicted

Disciple

Usually I would cast on myself to raise magery and resist at the same time, but with that template I wouldn't.

jiveturkey

Wanderer

yes, even if you're maxed out at 700 in skill points...as long as your arrow is pointing up for a skill, you can still adjust your stats.