UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

stealables in town

Do stealables in town (i.e. stuff in crates such as wire in smith shops etc.) respawn faster if you clear the container out, like treasure chests in dungeons? If so, why are people constantly leaving behind the crap items?

silvertiger

Knight
Have you been t-mapping? Or just went around tram or fel. People tend to leave trash or monsters, because they either don't want to deal with it or to annoy other people into not messing with it.

Yeah, there are a few tmap locations by one of my houses and I run into leftover AW's or balrons every once in a while. I kinda wish people would clean up after themselves, but on the other hand - hey, free leather and fame. Also with tmaps I can give them the benefit of the doubt, because it's easy to get in over your head. Mainly I was just wondering if it was even worth going the extra mile to clear out the crates when stealing, since nobody else seems to do it. I'll probably still do it because free tools and regs, but I was starting to wonder if it actually sped up the respawn, or if I'm just imagining it.

JimBeamUO

Squire
Not sure how it is now, but there was a limit to how much stuff spawns in town chests, if you leave junk in there, nothing good can spawn in its slot. Clear it and come back later.

Not sure how it is now, but there was a limit to how much stuff spawns in town chests, if you leave junk in there, nothing good can spawn in its slot. Clear it and come back later.
That's what I suspected. Thank you for confirming. Now let's hope the other people with thief toons read this or figure it out somehow. I can deal with playing "stealables janitor" every once in a while, but it gets to be a bit much at times.