UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

taming stat loss

aputamkon

Wanderer
how much stats do pets lose when tamed? what so i a pet has s140 wrestling before tamin what will its new max be after taming?

april0395

Sorceror
I think it depends on the pet, I think. Greater dragons will lose half of their stats and 20% of their skills, I think. Not positive about other pets.

Bama

Bug Huntress
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/tamer-essay/pets/
Training Pets

Pets have up to 9 skills which may be trained. 6 ‘combat’ skills, wrestling, tactics, resist spells, anatomy, healing and poisoning. 3 ‘knowledge and lore’ skills, magery, evaluate intelligence and meditation. All skills below 100 when tamed may be trained up to 100. Where a creature has skills above 100 pre-tame there will be a skill drop of 10% on taming 14% if you paralyzed it to tame it. The skill shown when tamed becomes the pet’s ‘cap’ in that skill. It can be trained back up to that level after a death, but not beyond it.

Example:

• Rune beetle with poisoning skill, wild 123.4
  • Reduction on taming 12.3
  • Post tame poisoning skill cap 111.1
Pets also have strength, dexterity and intelligence stats. If any of these are below 125 they will increase during training to 125, any stats above 125 are fixed and cannot be increased. Some pets with extremely high stats are weakened upon taming, reducing their post-tame stats to half that of the wild state. Pets affected by this are:

• Cu Sidhe
  • Greater Dragon
  • Hiryu
  • Lesser Hiryu
  • Reptalon