UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Tetrad Partnership - League of Barons

Good, Bad or Ugly idea?

• Good

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Ugly

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinoX7

Wanderer
The Tetrad Partnership - League of Barons

RP guild theory

Requesting feedback

The League of Barons is comprised of Independent rulers of territory across the world. These Barons are constantly scheming amongst each other to increase their power, prestige, and the holdings of their War Chest. Barons have the power to grant Titles to their servants, the most prestigious of these Titles are for magic uses the rank of Master, and for men at arms, the rank of Knight. Once Granted the Title of Knight, or Master by a Baron, they may continue to serve their Lord and Join the Knights Order, or the Counsel of Mages, or peruse to achieve the rank of Baron themselves by becoming independent of their Lord. To become a Baron, one must be approved by the League of Barons, and this may require the Knight or Master to do Missions for the Barons in order to gain their Trust.

The Counsel of Mages elects a Grand Master, who in turn has greater authority over them than even their Baron. The Knights Order Elects a Grand Marshall, who as well has authority of the Knights and the Order. This protects title holders from some of the more dastardly Barons who may order his men from doing dangerous, or disrespectful deeds.

The League of Barons is protected by an elected Deputy Commander, who must have been at one point, or is a Baron himself. The Deputy commander hires Deputies to keep the peace, the Deputies work as keepers of the peace between Barons, and also to enforce regulations the League of Barons passes.

That is the guild in short. You may notice it looks more like a series of guilds that follow the same structure. The structure of the Guild allows for many competitive, cooperative, and even political engagements. You may get a better idea of the guild by viewing the Chain of Command, and a review of the Partnerships

This is not yet a guild, it is still in development. I appreciate any feedback

Attachments

• TheLeaguev4-1.jpg
    TheLeaguev4-1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Tetrad.jpg
    Tetrad.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 92

Vek

Sorceror
Re: The Tetrad Partnership - League of Barons

Nice, kind of hard to see the pic.

I remember talking to you in aim about it, and like i said its a great guild idea, and design but the problem is that you'd need a LOT of people to get it working effectively and I'm not sure how exactly you'd do that with the current RP community, you'd definitely need a base guild first before you could do much then once you have numbers move forward with your guild plan/idea.

PinoX7

Wanderer

Vek;1941697 said:
Nice, kind of hard to see the pic.

I remember talking to you in aim about it, and like i said its a great guild idea, and design but the problem is that you'd need a LOT of people to get it working effectively and I'm not sure how exactly you'd do that with the current RP community, you'd definitely need a base guild first before you could do much then once you have numbers move forward with your guild plan/idea.

Yes, I agree. I have no intention of starting a guild unless I have support of many in the community. Most seem to appreciate the Idea so far, so I will see if it generates any interest before I make any commitments.

also, I had to reduce the picture to fit it. but the photobucket link of a larger size is...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l10/PinoX7/TheLeaguev4.jpg

Caz

Knight

I like the idea, but yea you would need a lot of people to make it work. It seems more like a structure for a whole game than just a few guilds.

Caz;1941832 said:
I like the idea, but yea you would need a lot of people to make it work. It seems more like a structure for a whole game than just a few guilds.

Yeah, this.

If you're able to garner at least several baronships worth of support, I'd be interested.

I think you would have to garnish the support of every roleplayer on this shard in order to pull something like this off. If i were you, i would start small and slowly... very slowly make things bigger. You would also need a crazy good recruitment plan as well.

PinoX7

Wanderer

Vas Griffith;1942069 said:
I think you would have to garnish the support of every roleplayer on this shard in order to pull something like this off. If i were you, i would start small and slowly... very slowly make things bigger. You would also need a crazy good recruitment plan as well.

Yes, i agree with you on how it would require a lot of people. However i do believe that even with three or so Barons it could get kicked off pretty well. Recruiting would not be done on a guild-wide basis. It would fall onto the Individual barons to recruit as many men as they can get to increase their power. As the Barons recruit more men their Knights may decide to go off on their own and work toward their own Title of Baron (by recruiting, doing missions and other jobs)

Caz

Knight

If you widened it to more of a faction vs faction basis instead of just the baron thing I think it would get more support. People could still RP as their own type of guild (knights, orcs, elves, etc) but could integrate the rules of the baron game into their guild to participate. I'm sure I could bend SSG that way.

PinoX7

Wanderer

I made some 44x44's Not sure exactly what for, possibly avatars for forums.

I'm also thinking of adding one for 'criminal' or 'Rouge'

Attachments

• Picturestructure.jpg
    Picturestructure.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 50
  • StructureKey.jpg
    StructureKey.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 49

Caz

Knight

It's basically a huge politics game right?

Should be fun. There should be requirements before a guild is accepted as a major state.

Anyway, no matter what happens here, the idea of various factions for and against each other sounds pretty great either way.

We just need some guilds. [:

PinoX7

Wanderer

I was thinking of allowing (mild) taming of wolves, maybe bears. I always thought it would be interesting to have a pack of war dogs or something, maybe guard dogs for your house. Does that idea sound interesting?

Obviously no dragons or uber monsters.