UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vendor Prices.... Factions?

Mordir

Wanderer
Vendor Prices.... Factions?

Hello, I just started this shard a few days ago. The prices for regs in vesper used to be 4 and 3 gold. Now they went up to like 16g. I then went to britan and their prices where about 3g next day they went up to 16g as well. Is this a faction thing?

If so what faction lets non faction members buy at lower prices?

What would prices be if I joined a faction just to buy regs?

Thanks

Addicted

Disciple
Re: Vendor Prices.... Factions?

Just joining factions doesn't lower prices. You have to join a faction and fight for control of the towns.

Dependable

Wanderer

First of all, if you're a starting character, don't try to join factions or you'll get pummeled.
Now have a look on http://my.uogamers.com/factionstats.php . Have a look in the first table, it shows you how high the tax rates are set (by the faction controlling the town). If you don't want to pay these taxes, go to a non-faction city (Delucia, Papua, Cove, Nujel'm or Serpent's hold) and try to find the right vendors there. Since they're no 'faction towns' they sell stuff at the regular price.
Keep in mind that factions can also set the tax rate as low as -30% (fyi: maximum rate is +300% or 4 times the regular price) so when that hapens, make sure you buy your stuff in the cheap town(s).
Another thing to look out for are faction vendors. Those sel regs, bottles, ore and boards, 1 vendor type for each of the categories I just named. Faction vendors can sell you *very* cheap resources for everything you need.

I hope this helps

ResNulis

Sorceror

The vendor prices will never go down until one faction realizes that they are crippling new players for selfish gains. The GMs are unresponsive to the plight of the new players and only responded to me with "Sorry we cannot help you with that".

fattybear

Traveler

Addicted said:
Go to non faction towns...

Join factions and take over towns...

What a pain in the ass for newbs though. Start in Britain? Forget it.

Can i get a gate to del plz?

It's just a stupid system having a small part of the playerbase control the vendors and reagents.

Sammich

Wanderer

ResNulis said:
The vendor prices will never go down until one faction realizes that they are crippling new players for selfish gains. The GMs are unresponsive to the plight of the new players and only responded to me with "Sorry we cannot help you with that".

The faction prices are up, because the last leader of TB purposly spent all the faction money, which was iron man, so blame him. He didnt run for leadership again, and blew every cent the towns owned.

fattybear

Traveler

Addicted said:
Well you can always cry about it...

Don't believe I have shed any tears over this issue, I'm simply stating that for new players its, how do you say, fucking annoying?

I think faction players and those who dont mind +300% taxes forget how it is to be new.

Sammich

Wanderer

fattybear said:
Don't believe I have shed any tears over this issue, I'm simply stating that for new players its, how do you say, fucking annoying?

I think faction players and those who dont mind +300% taxes forget how it is to be new.

The prices would be normal if all the silver wasnt spent, we need guards to guard the towns, and have no silver to do that, so we have prices up, there actually only going to be up for a few more days. So if your wanting to buy regs hang in there a couple more days. there about to go down, and vendors will be placed.

Addicted

Disciple

I'm not trying to be a dick...but the point is...do something about it. If you're new to the game...move into the del inn. Everything you need is there. It's not hard to get there. It's part of the game and people have to live with it. The game shouldn't be changed just so people that just started playing find it super easy.

Sammich

Wanderer

Addicted said:
I'm not trying to be a dick...but the point is...do something about it. If you're new to the game...move into the del inn. Everything you need is there. It's not hard to get there. It's part of the game and people have to live with it. The game shouldn't be changed just so people that just started playing find it super easy.

Yea, you dont get hand fed here, or when you grow up to be a big boy/girl you will get pwned. End of story, thread closed from mass bitching, right Addicted?

fattybear

Traveler

Addicted said:

Point taken. Let's just agree to disagree.