UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Virtual memory problems

Just bought a new computer and downloaded everything for uo. When i go to steam it says gives me a virtual memory error.

Any ideas on fixing this? Thanks for the help.

LittleMary

Traveler
Compatibility mode windows xp/98/95.

UO use the same kind of graphic card coding/usage then you can find in museum. A lot of newer computers have issue with that.

Winner write history about the past and the past is rarely truely understood...

UO just joined the club. :(

Mitzlplik

Traveler
I have win10 (I assume a new comp would have same) I tried everything and it all only worked spuratically. After much googling I figured out how to disable Cortana so it won`t even run in the background and now uosteam fires up every time, even with tabs open. Granted my shits not new, but it is pretty stout. Should not of had issues but I did. Even if you disable Cortana in setting, it will still run in the back ground and suck off system resources.

On top of removing that lil microsoft hog I also removed some shit that was firing up upon start up and free`d up as much system resources as I could. Running in admin mode/compat mode, didn`t do jack shit for my problem. Only removing bullshit that ran in the background resolved it for me.

If your still having issues, just google how to remove Cortana and win 10 tweaks and stuff like that. If for sum reason you don`t have win 10..... forget I said anything :p

Should also mention, I don`t have issues running multiple(different) games at the same time while surfing and dl`ing and chatting at the same time. Its bullshit I had to resort to such measure just so ONE program would work like it should but..... w/e.

Hope ya get it solved, would be frustrating to say the least to have a brand new comp and be held up by the low memory BS.

Nordon

Sorceror
This occurs on Win7 too, running on a laptop that can run Fallout 4 + 4 UO clients at the same time + browser and Skype and younameit.

How I fix it:
Close any running processes and try to keep your RAM usage under 50%, start all the clients you need and then start everything back up.
Closing Chrome (and sometimes Skype) does the job for me.
So, the above setup - Fallout 4 + 4 clients would only work if you close programs, start the 4 clients and then start programs and start Fallout 4.

Problem fixed thanks guys.

If i started cartog, team speak, and then steam i would get the message.

With the help of a good friend, we tried opening UO first then followed by cartog and team speak. Fired up just fine.

Did a little tweaking in advanced system settings, but atleast it works.

Thanks for all your inputs!

zulu2401

Squire
I corrected the problem by increasing his maximum paging file size. That was the first step of many tweaks to run UO properly. This problem only arises when using a fully patched classic client so downloading a modded client will ultimately solve the issue.

Nordon

Sorceror
Happens with both having Virtual Memory set to 50GB (outrageous amount!) and a modded client.
It's just an UO thing...

qwty

Wanderer
Since I change my UO2D game directory from HDD to SSD i have this same issue with memory.
As Nordon said you have to keep RAM usage below 50%, and it works. First start Ultima than Firefox (it can take more than 1GB RAM if you have many Tabs opened), Spotify etc.

Mitzlplik

Traveler
Happens with both having Virtual Memory set to 50GB (outrageous amount!) and a modded client.
It's just an UO thing...
I concur. Especially since I also raised the virtual memory to a ridiculous amount. Only thing that worked for me was to (like you said) get ram usage to below %50. I only have 4 gigs, so in my case. I had to cut the biggest memory hogs out. Playing reboot roulette was gettin freekin old.

I corrected the problem by increasing his maximum paging file size. That was the first step of many tweaks to run UO properly. This problem only arises when using a fully patched classic client so downloading a modded client will ultimately solve the issue.
False, the problem lies with uosteam... Uosteam will sometimes not allow me to play with the same error, i can close uosteam and open razor and i have no issues, same client

RamboRyan

Sorceror
Updated win7 and now I get this same error, ram is at 30% so i have plenty left and it runs good on razor. Has anyone have any new info on this problem ?

Moltar

Traveler
Any one have the link to HZ client? I gather it is under Uo fiddler but is there a certain version I should run?